The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

what Inter players have you not heard of?

all are long time fixtures

Bastoni, politano as d'ambrosio i had never seen live before and only heard the name. 

Of the squad players not featured i have no idea what kind of players Gagliadini, dimarco  padelliy, biraghi are.

I usually focus on Epl and Bundesliga so not really into Seria A. Today showed me why. Despite a top game with 3 goals it was a rather dull affair.

Juve are starting to look strong. It's still early days but they already play much better football than they have in last few years and tonight Sarri got his tactics spot on. The amount of attacking talent Sarri has at his disposal is scary and once they get more comfy with his tactics Juve could blow the rest of the league away. Hopefully it remains tight with Inter until the end of the season but Juve do have a quite a significant material advantage

Sandro, Pjanic, Bonucci look like completely new players under Sarri.

Meanwhile, I still don't understand why Inter bought Lukaku – the man is absolute shite. In my books not even a top50 striker in Europe

12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

politano as d'ambrosio

Of the squad players not featured i have no idea what kind of players Gagliadini, dimarco  padelliy, biraghi are.

Politano and D'Ambrosio  have been around for years

Roberto Gagliardini is a pretty decent MF who scored against us last year

the others are dregs or in Dimarco's case, really young

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

oh look, the Chelsea reject :D he is so suited to Italian football

I really wanted to keep him at the time, I do believe he would have given us a solid 15 maybe 20 goal season with a pre season under his belt and at the point of last season ending it was looking like we were going to need all the goals we could get this season.

Thankfully Tammy and Mason have stood up meaning it doesn't matter now but my preference was to let Oli go and extent Higuain's loan for one more year.

Inter simply do not have the players to go win the title this season. Juve still far stronger in squad quality. But Conte has def improved them big time, they also just played vs barca, probably a bit tired too. Next season Inter will be better.

18 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Inter simply do not have the players to go win the title this season. Juve still far stronger in squad quality. But Conte has def improved them big time, they also just played vs barca, probably a bit tired too. Next season Inter will be better.

their needs are simple

wingers and fullbacks, an AMF, and a better GK

get 2 great wingers and a good LB (they need to play Valentino Lozaro at RWB)

a decent AMF

and a great ball playing GK

and Conte can have that team tearing shit up next year

their needs are simple
a decent AMF
I don't see them replacing Samir anytime soon. Still think he's the best GK in Serie A, but Meret has looked decent thus far.

19 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Juve are starting to look strong. It's still early days but they already play much better football than they have in last few years and tonight Sarri got his tactics spot on. The amount of attacking talent Sarri has at his disposal is scary and once they get more comfy with his tactics Juve could blow the rest of the league away. Hopefully it remains tight with Inter until the end of the season but Juve do have a quite a significant material advantage

Sandro, Pjanic, Bonucci look like completely new players under Sarri.

Meanwhile, I still don't understand why Inter bought Lukaku – the man is absolute shite. In my books not even a top50 striker in Europe

I watched the game last night and I think everything half decent that Inter managed to come up with, in terms of getting through Juventus' press and at their back 4, Lukaku was involved some how, be it holding the ball up or bringing others into it. Think he really suits Conte's system, he doesn't do anything spectacular but what he is asked and the basics. Then he will score goals on top of that. Plus we've all seen how Conte has used what you could call more limited players in the past upfront likes of Vucinic, Quagriarella, Pelle etc in a 3-5-2 and managed to get goals as well as effective performances out of them and these guys were by no means top top players. Even here Costa was arguably more key to how we played under Conte than with any other manager I felt. More involved maybe a better way to put it. Plus its obvious Conte wants Lukaku, hes obviously a good player but hardly outstanding, although in the right sort of system he will do fine. 

11 hours ago, LAM09 said:
14 hours ago, Vesper said:
their needs are simple
a decent AMF

I don't see them replacing Samir anytime soon. Still think he's the best GK in Serie A, but Meret has looked decent thus far.

I do not rate him that high, he is just decent, no longer great nowadays, nothing more, and is poor at distribution/ball playing at his feet, and is ageing (turns 36 next year)

I would buy any of these over him

(the first two I had a serious options before we bought Kepa)

Thomas Strakosha

Alex Meret 
Gianluigi Donnarumma   
Wojciech Szczesny    
Alessio Cragno 
Pau López    
Emil Audero    
Bartlomiej Dragowski  

MAYBE

Mattia Perin

Ionut Radu

I do not rate him that high, he is just decent, no longer great nowadays, nothing more, and is poor at distribution/ball playing at his feet, and is ageing (turns 36 next year)

I would buy any of these over him

(the first two I had a serious options before we bought Kepa)

Thomas Strakosha

Alex Meret 

Gianluigi Donnarumma   

Wojciech Szczesny    

Alessio Cragno 

Pau López    

Emil Audero    

Bartlomiej Dragowski  

MAYBE

Mattia Perin

Ionut Radu

First two are the only options that could be appealing.

Donnarumma seems to be littered with mistakes nowadays.

I watched the game last night and I think everything half decent that Inter managed to come up with, in terms of getting through Juventus' press and at their back 4, Lukaku was involved some how, be it holding the ball up or bringing others into it. Think he really suits Conte's system, he doesn't do anything spectacular but what he is asked and the basics. Then he will score goals on top of that. Plus we've all seen how Conte has used what you could call more limited players in the past upfront likes of Vucinic, Quagriarella, Pelle etc in a 3-5-2 and managed to get goals as well as effective performances out of them and these guys were by no means top top players. Even here Costa was arguably more key to how we played under Conte than with any other manager I felt. More involved maybe a better way to put it. Plus its obvious Conte wants Lukaku, hes obviously a good player but hardly outstanding, although in the right sort of system he will do fine. 
This, Conte want a physical target man. Where can you find a better targetman than Lukaku that is available?