The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Just now, Gundalf said:

Not impressive considering the type of goals. 1 pen and 3 tap-ins

that is patently dismissive of his being there to score those goals, and his efforts to set them up

if it was so easy why is he shredding record after record by the shedload

Just now, Vesper said:

I really have to laugh at people trying to shit on Håland's insane goal scoring prowess

Behave, I have praised Haaland when u didnt even know his name yet 🤣

54 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Behave, I have praised Haaland when u didnt even know his name yet 🤣

I doubt that

you were not even here when the following were posted (feel free to show your claim via other boards or sources postings):

first mention of Håland (spelt that way, and the same thing when spelling it Haland) here on TC and this is a scouting comment by me

99e160e7dc1dcdc7ea60ece2cbb36384.png

and as spelling it as Haaland (and this was a passing comment about him working Zouma)

then nothing under that spelling until months later

02e8402e01691cb4f9e946a38e5e6f8a.png

e50cbf1f1f4619e71ab54aba4a7f69fc.png

1 hour ago, Gundalf said:

Not impressive considering the type of goals. 1 pen and 3 tap-ins

What? 5 goals in one game for one player is impressive regardless. I mean when has it never been? 

and i see we have a pissing contest going on above over who mentioned Haaland on the forum first, good god, grow up 😂embarrassing 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Haaland’s greatest ability is just having an insane instinct to always be in the right place at the right time. It’s uncanny. And with all the hysteria about whether he’d fit in that City team, it’s really the perfect place for him. He doesn’t really have to touch the ball that often, doesn’t have to be involved in their general play. But they create like 30 good chances per match and with his instinct to always pop up where the ball is likely to land he scores buckets of goals.

Honestly can’t imagine what it feels like to have a goal scoring machine in your team that scores so freely. To watch your team every match and expect like 3 goals each game rather than hoping like hell that we just score 1.

Hope the club can strike gold with whichever striker we bring in this summer. We can’t go another season where our leading scorer is going to have like 10 goals.

16 minutes ago, Mário César said:

bayern

real

city

napoli

Chelsea

benfica

inter

milan 

3 teams to avoid and 4 teams that we would be clear favourites. Chances are on our side to get preferable draw. 

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

3 teams to avoid and 4 teams that we would be clear favourites. Chances are on our side to get preferable draw. 

tbh, I think we can beat Real.

They aren't so good as people think

Bayern and City are the really two to avoid

about napoli I have mixed feelings. They are amazing but lets see how they play agains a top top team

benfica inter and milan we are clear favourite

I feel that we may play against benfica 

Edited by Mário César

Benfica would be most favourable draw on paper really, although there is some bad blood after the Enzo pursuit and signing so that could be extra incentive for them.

Inter or AC Milan next after them but would honestly want to avoid all of the other teams.

Suppose in all likelihood though we will get one of Bayern, Real, City or Napoli, not Benfica or either Milan club - wouldn’t be surprised.

7 hours ago, Mário César said:

tbh, I think we can beat Real.

They aren't so good as people think

Bayern and City are the really two to avoid

about napoli I have mixed feelings. They are amazing but lets see how they play agains a top top team

benfica inter and milan we are clear favourite

I feel that we may play against benfica 

We wouldn't be able to match Real Madrid over 2 legs, they have too much firepower for us (the way they ripped apart Liverpool for 5 goals could happen against us as well as they have finishers all over the pitch).  Same with Bayern & City. 

Ideal draw would probably be Milan clubs (as they haven't had that many high scoring games in the UCL), followed by Benfica/Napoli.