The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

hace 1 minuto, Jas dijo:

Didn't look like saving one tonight either. 

Tbf the bloke in the net for Villarreal must of got his hands to about 4 penalties prior to De Gea’s and never looked like saving one either to he did 😂 thought it was going to go another full round after the first 11 for Villarreal.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf the bloke in the net for Villarreal must of got his hands to about 4 penalties prior to De Gea’s and never looked like saving one either to he did 😂 thought it was going to go another full round after the first 11 for Villarreal.

Rulli should have definitely saved one long before that De Gea penalty. Can't remember whose penalty it was but he got a decent amount of contact with it.

In any case, the difference between the two keepers is one is supposedly a world class keeper while the other isn't. I don't know what Rulli's penalty saving record is like but for someone of De Gea's stature, that's bad. 

Zidane is not important, no one rates him anyway. Would love to see Conte there. Probably Allegri tho.

United would be very stupid not to go all in for Conte. And London rivals for Sarri. For me two best managers around.

hace 3 minutos, Jas dijo:

Rulli should have definitely saved one long before that De Gea penalty. Can't remember whose penalty it was but he got a decent amount of contact with it.

In any case, the difference between the two keepers is one is supposedly a world class keeper while the other isn't. I don't know what Rulli's penalty saving record is like but for someone of De Gea's stature, that's bad. 

Aye for sure.

Ultimately it was a pretty crap game throughout regardless and the penalties were the best part.... which only one was saved... sums it up.

De Gea looks finished at United. Well either he or Dean Henderson will be now after that tonight. And whilst De Gea is miles off what he used to be, Dean Henderson showed a lot of flaws (particularly in that Liverpool game) that makes me think United probably need a new number 1. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 minutes ago, Jas said:

Maybe I'll feel different once we get closer to the final or on Saturday but at the moment, I feel like the final is a free hit considering it was totally unexpected that we would get to this point this season.

I am the same m8

the main thing is that it is our last chance (and Cieh and all other teams) to wi the FIFA world Club Cup and be crowned world champs before it gets insanely hard to win it

it is the only trophy still contested we have never won (the Intercontinental Cup ended in 2004 with the revamped FWCC taking its place)

that and Roman deserves a Super Cup trophy

Ironically, Mou left Porto and Inter right after winning CL, so never won either one

Chelsea won the Super Cup on 1998, but lost (under Roman), THREE times,  2012, 2013, 2019

the only 2 clubs to lose more Super Cups are Sevilla ( 5 times, 2007, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2020) and Barca 4 times (1979, 1982, 1989, 2006) with 3 of those 4 before they ever even won the CL

before Messi, the only Barca CL win was 1992, that great Cruyff-managed side (and even then, they barely won, in extra time against a meh Sampdoria side, in old Wembley), they were hardly a world dominant power until the 2000's

1 hour ago, Jas said:

Maybe I'll feel different once we get closer to the final or on Saturday but at the moment, I feel like the final is a free hit considering it was totally unexpected that we would get to this point this season.

Comon Jason... you know when Saturday night arrives... your heart will be broken when you see City's players running around the pitch celebrating... I know mine will be.

16 minutes ago, DDA said:

Comon Jason... you know when Saturday night arrives... your heart will be broken when you see City's players running around the pitch celebrating... I know mine will be.

That's why I won't watch them celebrate. The second our last chance is  gone, I will turn off the game and directly switch to a netflix documentary about wildlife in Uganda. I got mates over and it will be super embarrassing but I will consequently switch the conversation towards mongooses, the african painted dog and spotted hyenas pretending fuck all has happened and pull this through for the remainder of the night.

Edited by Magic Lamps

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

That's why I won't watch them celebrate. The second our last chance is  gone, I will turn off the game and directly switch to a netflix documentary about wildlife in Uganda. I got mates over and it will be super embarrassing but I will consequently switch the conversation towards mongooses, the african painted dog and spotted hyenas pretending fuck all has happened and pull this through for the remainder of the night.

😂 Sounds like a plan.

39 minutes ago, Strike said:

Mendy clearly the man even for the shootout. Bigger reach - calmer head - Aguero the other day for example

That Aguero penalty does not say anything. I would saved it. And that is only second penalty Mendy saved in his career. 

This is first one and maybe even here it was illegal because it looks like his legs were not on the line.

Mendy saved 2 of 26 pens.

Kepa saved 5 of 22.

Caballero 11 of 33.

But this is without PK shootouts. Kepa saved 5 of 19 pens in Chelsea shirt in 4 shootouts. Caballero had also some amazing shootouts in his career. Mendy only against Spurs this season and he conceded 5 from 5.

So, no, I do not share your confidence with Mendy.

Edited by NikkiCFC

Congrats to Villarreal, they deserved it, im happy for their fans, they finally got their hands on the trophy. Now they qualify for the CL, also 4 wins out of 5 for Emery in this competition is an insane record, many props to him.

Edited by Johnnyeye

7 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Did you see them on BT after the game? THey all looked and sounded like their war ship was sunk, impartial my ass.

To be fair - English channels are biased towards English clubs. I still remember the commentator saying 'Get in there' when Ivanovic scored the winner against Napoli.

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

That Aguero penalty does not say anything. I would saved it. And that is only second penalty Mendy saved in his career. 

This is first one and maybe even here it was illegal because it looks like his legs were not on the line.

Mendy saved 2 of 26 pens.

Kepa saved 5 of 22.

Caballero 11 of 33.

But this is without PK shootouts. Kepa saved 5 of 19 pens in Chelsea shirt in 4 shootouts. Caballero had also some amazing shootouts in his career. Mendy only against Spurs this season and he conceded 5 from 5.

So, no, I do not share your confidence with Mendy.

The stats don't favour Mendy but he's the best keeper by a mile at the club, in his prime, big reach and if he's worked on his pen saving - his coach was talking about how he has been at it - especially the Aguero one was all about standing still and diving late - I'd still say Mendy for the shootout.

6 hours ago, DDA said:

Who says anything about watching the celebration if/when they win? I always just turn the shit off if we don't win a final!