Chelsea vs Spurs

BlueLion.

from the guardian:

Match pointers

• Chelsea have not lost at home to Tottenham in any competition since February 1990, a run of 24 games – David Howells and Gary Linekar got the goals for the visitors in a 2-1 victory

• Tottenham have had a total of just six shots on target in their last four visits to Chelsea

• Juan Mata has created a scoring chance every 24.4 minutes on average, more often than any other player

• If selected, Benoît Assou-Ekotto will be playing on his 28th birthday and Ramires on his 25th

• Petr Cech is in line to make his 250th Premier League appearance and Frank Lampard is one short of 150 goals in his top-flight career

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Mata to play in the middle tomorrow even if it means throwing Malouda out wide. I want him in the middle because that is were he can cause the most damage. He not direct or fast enough to play wide even though his crossing is world class.

-----------Drogba--------------

Kalou-----Mata-----Sturridge

-------Mikel---Lampard-------

Cole--Terry--Cahill---Luiz

-------------Cech---------------

Three points is a must if we are to beat spurs for the 4th place.

Ivanovic is most likely out and would hate to see Bosingwa tomorrow but then there's Benfica on Tuesday so playing all of Terry, Cahill and Luiz is a big risk. Perhaps Torres could start too so Drogba could be rested for the CL match but Torres was shit against City... Hard decisions for RDM.

• Chelsea have not lost at home to Tottenham in any competition since February 1990, a run of 24 games – David Howells and Gary Linekar got the goals for the visitors in a 2-1 victory

Are they sure they are lookin' at spudz & not Crystal Palace, qpha or Millwall??? Damn, that is dreadful. That being said, I am sure spudz will coming into the Bridge willing to lose a limb for a win.

Dis is a different tottenham though....far better

This Tottenham is better, yes. BUT did you watch the reverse fixture at WHL? The 1-1.

Ok, the history books say that it was a draw whatever but after the first 10 minutes we thoroughly outplayed them but just couldn't get the winner. We outplayed them when they were at their best and now they aren't so fuck sake just beat them cunts like we always do here.

I do fear though that all records are due to end and this record is due to end.

It's gonna be a tough day, but i'm sure we'll get through it. We have to. There's no option.

from the guardian:

Match pointers

• Tottenham have had a total of just six shots on target in their last four visits to Chelsea

Jynx!...I remember the whole 'we havent lost at the Lane to Spurs' commentry yap in that game..and lo and behold we did!

I'm quietly confident for this game.As mentioned above we drew with Tottenham when they were at their best and at White Heart Lane, and now they are on a terrible run and don't look like the same team and it's at the Bridge. We will not only be throwing the Kitchen sink, but the entire Kitchen at them. RDM has clearly said he wants 3 points, Players have Clearly said it, everyone else knows we NEED the 3 points, we HAVE to lift and I think we can. Although Deep down I think we've already lost 4th spot, regardless of the result against Tottenham. We still have to go to Arsenal and Liverpool away. Spurs will have an easier run in, it'll be Miraculous if we end up getting 4th spot, AVb should have been sacked much earlier so we could have gotten our season on track much earlier...

This Tottenham is better, yes. BUT did you watch the reverse fixture at WHL? The 1-1.

Ok, the history books say that it was a draw whatever but after the first 10 minutes we thoroughly outplayed them but just couldn't get the winner. We outplayed them when they were at their best and now they aren't so fuck sake just beat them cunts like we always do here.

I do fear though that all records are due to end and this record is due to end.

It's gonna be a tough day, but i'm sure we'll get through it. We have to. There's no option.

True...v r always good vs spuds and had ramires scord tht free headr or the numerous othr chancs v had, v wud hv won...

Might be a bit pessimistic here but even if we do win this game, we'll still be 2 points behind Tottenham, they only "hard" game of any sorts they have left is Villa away, all the others they would be expected to win.

Arsenal's fixture list isn't too shabby either, they got both City and us at home, which will likely be draws, then all other easy matches.

We will still be behind and have to play Arsenal away and Liverpool away (we all know how shit we are at Anfield) ...

Just don't want to give to much hope IF we win, it'll still be very much against us. But believe.

Might be a bit pessimistic here but even if we do win this game, we'll still be 2 points behind Tottenham, they only "hard" game of any sorts they have left is Villa away, all the others they would be expected to win.

Arsenal's fixture list isn't too shabby either, they got both City and us at home, which will likely be draws, then all other easy matches.

We will still be behind and have to play Arsenal away and Liverpool away (we all know how shit we are at Anfield) ...

Just don't want to give to much hope IF we win, it'll still be very much against us. But believe.

They hav swans mate!