Consequences of Not Qualifying into the CL?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Around £50m.

In my opinion it's the best thing that can happen to us. It would be more of a wake up call than a bad situation

^ I imagine Liverpool fans said the same thing, that it would be a 'wake up call' etc etc. The reality however is that losing out on the CL under FFP, is not a good thing.

It would be a very bad scenario, as Iced said, probably the worst thing that can happen at this point other than new 5 year deals for Malouda, Lampard, and Bosingwa. Last year I thought that missing out on the Champions League this season would be a nightmare scenario, and unfortunately that nightmare is looking very real.

Was it 31 or 32-0 :eyebrows:

31, I think. I miss the old OFC days where we'd knock 66 goals in our only 4 qualifiers then have to play the 5th placed CONMEBOL/AFC team. Such fun it was to average 16 goals a game.

Edit: IIRC even our keeper, Mark Bosnich, scored in one of those games :D

If we were in a proper transition phase and would have not qualified, i m sure most of us would have lived with it and the consequences would had been money. Now we are not even in transition phase and also mite lose out on the champions league spot means the consequences are not just money but possibly no champions league action for the next 2-3 years or more depending on Roman's mood swing.

31, I think. I miss the old OFC days where we'd knock 66 goals in our only 4 qualifiers then have to play the 5th placed CONMEBOL/AFC team. Such fun it was to average 16 goals a game.

Edit: IIRC even our keeper, Mark Bosnich, scored in one of those games :D

Bosnich had probably snorted so much coke that he thought he was Maradona.

Financial means. We rely a lot on CL football to make up our revenue, because we're pretty useless at gathering that from anything else, truly.

We would lose the attraction of stars like Hazard, unless we get a hell of a convincing manager to come (for example; Mourinho would attract big names no matter what position the club would be in).

I don't think it's the worse thing in the world, we'll be back there next year. I don't believe Tottenham will replicate their form of this season either, especially if Redknapp goes.