Consequences of Not Qualifying into the CL?

forget the money side, we have an owner that spent around £30 million to sack Ancelotti, hire Villas-Boas then sack Villas-Boas and he's spent £80m on Shevchenko & Torres. He's currently worth $12.1 billion.

Maybe this is what we need. To take a step back to go forward. seriously we can go through our transition and consolidate for 1 year, as long as we get back into the UCL after just 1 year we could benefit from it and we can blood some of the young guns. Tottenham came 5th last season and they aint done too badly off it. Maybe we can actually forget about these big name signings for a change and use from within. We've had the best youth team for like the last 4-5 years, give em a fucking chance.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason why AVB was sacked is that it was almost impossible to achieve a top 4 spot with him as our coach , there was a fight in place between him and most of the players ,so Roman had to pull the trigger because one of both sides had to be replaced and you can't replace players in March.

I was one of those who called our board stupid and insane to sack AVB but i can see where they are coming from , now looking at the bigger image i can see that they had no other options if we would like to achieve a CL spot , they didn't sack AVB because they thought he is not good enough but it's the other way around , the players are too bad that they can't play for him .

My point is they could have simply waited till the summer and replaced those under-qualified overpaid players with new ones and kept AVB the very good and promising tactician but them sacking AVB speaks volume about how a CL spot is vital for us Financially and to keep out position as one of the top clubs in the world attracting best players , prospects and employees.

It means we would have to buy players from the MLS, Mexico, and OFC. :Goober:

Cmon man, dont try to knock the MLS down like that :cry: ....We are getting somewhere at least...lol....FC Dallas "till i DIE"...Haha....Actually heading to my first game in a minute this weekend....

The only reason why AVB was sacked is that it was almost impossible to achieve a top 4 spot with him as our coach , there was a fight in place between him and most of the players ,so Roman had to pull the trigger because one of both sides had to be replaced and you can't replace players in March.

I was one of those who called our board stupid and insane to sack AVB but i can see where they are coming from , now looking at the bigger image i can see that they had no other options if we would like to achieve a CL spot , they didn't sack AVB because they thought he is not good enough but it's the other way around , the players are too bad that they can't play for him .

My point is they could have simply waited till the summer and replaced those under-qualified overpaid players with new ones and kept AVB the very good and promising tactician but them sacking AVB speaks volume about how a CL spot is vital for us Financially and to keep out position as one of the top clubs in the world attracting best players , prospects and employees.

He was having problems with lot of players. A good manager doesnt make this kind of thing.

He was having problems with lot of players. A good manager doesnt make this kind of thing.

Yep, he was having problems with the old guard. I don't recall any of the younger players (the players that will lead CFC into the future) bad mouthing AvB and complaining to the media.

It was Chelsea's fault for hiring AvB, i'm sure there were other more experienced options out there after Carlo got the sack. He was too inexperienced to deal with big egos such as Lampard, Drogba, Malouda, Terry at the same time.