New Chelsea Manager

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ba was good at West ham, so i don't see how signing him has anything to do with Pardew's eye for talent.

Many other mid-table sides wanted him too.

I think Justin is referring to Avram Grant. He brought Ba to the EPL from Bundesliga, brought Ivanovic from Russia, and again bought Anelka from Bolton. Three top players.

I think Justin is referring to Avram Grant. He brought Ba to the EPL from Bundesliga, brought Ivanovic from Russia, and again bought Anelka from Bolton. Three top players.

Honestly didn't see Grant when i read that :lol: but anyway yeah Grant isn't so bad in the market.

Yeah so I guess it proves that Avram was a good technical director.

And that was one reason Mourinho left, because he did not like Avram choosing players.....But he has been good at that. He gets players relative unknown or cheap for good value.

Rather poor coaching of Di Matteo yesterday I would say. First time he could really contribute after the red card. Since taking over he's done the obvious, except maybe for fielding a surprising starting 11 in Benfica for which he deserves credit. The older players now know what to expect and when they'll play but that's really a minimum one should expect of any coach at Chelsea. Di Matteo shouldn't stay on. Chelsea needs a bigger name and a more seasoned manager.

Grant getting sacked still pains me in the back of my mind

Grant replacing Jose still pains me in the back and the front of my mind... If your gona dump the best coach in the league, replace him with someone justifiable, not Grant.

And ppl are underestimating Steve Clarke's contribution at the time.

Always liked RDM when he was playing for us i would give him a rolling contract and lets see what happens nothing to lose no paying out money to another club for compensation and the players like him . just hope we win something with him :yes:

Rather poor coaching of Di Matteo yesterday I would say. First time he could really contribute after the red card. Since taking over he's done the obvious, except maybe for fielding a surprising starting 11 in Benfica for which he deserves credit. The older players now know what to expect and when they'll play but that's really a minimum one should expect of any coach at Chelsea. Di Matteo shouldn't stay on. Chelsea needs a bigger name and a more seasoned manager.

Agreed