The Players

francozola

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good vibes are likely a result of the players seeing di Matteo as 'one of the boys'. That will stop as soon as he puts his foot down. I can foresee some kind of situation where the players start acting like dicks and lose their motivation once they start saying to each other, "This Roberto chap eh, he used to be cool, do we let him off with this or wot?"

One advantage he has is that they can't get him sacked, he'll lose the job in 4 months anyway. So he can do absolutely whatever he likes, make the powerbrokers in our club train with the u-13s or something.

They looked way too happy considering the circumstances, almost staged. Always fun and games in training also, but shit in action... less monkeying around, more work. Maybe that's what AVB tried to do, to make them focus more - unacceptable.

It did make me uncomfortable. At the same time.. Perhaps we'll see some positivity in our play now. I don't like what it's at the expense of, but this is football.

we have been miserable at keeping shape and defending, not to mention the squad is extremely thin on cover AND quality

so naturally we should play more positive

ok

GIANFRANCO ZOLA has leapt to the defence of Chelsea's old guard over the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas:

Stamford Bridge legend Zola said: "When things are not going well you can forget what players have done for the club. So people need to be reminded of that.

"For they are players who have given so much for the club and they deserve respect.

"You have to look and if the whole team is not playing well that's not because of Frank Lampard, John Terry or Ashley Cole.

"Not when everyone is playing badly together."

It annoys me how they played on Tuesday. Granted it was against a team we shouldbe beating, but the fact is that performance saw a far greater level of commitment and passion than the West Brom game did. It angers me how the players decided they would let this club and its fans down by refusing to put in 100% effort, yet as soon as they get what they want (in this case the sacking of a brilliant young coach) they play again. Fucking typical. It will be a great day for this club when the egos go. I'm grateful for everything they have done, but now they are just destroying this team from the inside. Under Mourinho, a man who fed the egos, you had an authoritarian who could manage them all. Hiddink was very much the same. But you get someone such as Ancelotti, Scolari or AVB, someone who wants to befriend the players and represent them rather than the club, and the players will turn on them in an instant. The politics of the dressing room is slowly destroying my love for this club.

http://dailyfootball...or-villas-boas/

Tony Cascarino asked during the Hawksbee & Jacobs show on Talk Sport – “Do you know what the players allegedly called AVB ?”

“They called him DVD because every time they saw him he was walking around with a pile of DVDs under his arm and making them watch them.

“The players didn’t believe in him or what was happening at the club, that’s the bottom line and you can’t buy that.

“They didn’t buy into what he wanted and they were not persuaded and they’ve been winners and if you can’t convince winners then they won’t give you the time of day.”

And who said players have all the power ?

• 3 weeks later...
"I feel better at PSG than I did at Chelsea," the Brazil defender was quoted as saying in the Daily Star. "Chelsea's squad had a lot of big names - and that entails a lot of egoism."

"Nobody at PSG feels more important than the others. We're at the start of a big adventure and we're all pulling in the same direction."

Quotes from Alex.

Anyone here still in denial about the influence of Lampard, Drogba & co? Get rid.