Lucas Piazón

the wes

We have plenty of players that can play attacking midfield. We have Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Marin, Ramires , Lampard and even Bertrand and Azpilicueta can both play there (and have) as well. It's one of the few positions we're well covered in.
That's where utility players who are good but never going to be anything special like O Shea, Evans, Kalou, Geremi, Meireles, Cahill or passed their best but can still offer something players like Malouda, Essien, Ferrera, Scholes come in.. Those are the type of players you have to make your squad strong. Youngsters with potential should be out on loan until their ready.

still think we should have loaned him??? 6 months on a loan spell for him could probably spell disaster for us in the coming weeks (depends on hazard's ban). and no i dont think piazon would have replaced hazard and got into the 1st team and made us win matches single handedly but it would have been nice to have a name on the substitute bench who u could actually use in a PL match or some1 who we could play against brentford in our next match...

still think we should have loaned him??? 6 months on a loan spell for him could probably spell disaster for us in the coming weeks (depends on hazard's ban). and no i dont think piazon would have replaced hazard and got into the 1st team and made us win matches single handedly but it would have been nice to have a name on the substitute bench who u could actually use in a PL match or some1 who we could play against brentford in our next match...

Yes. We should have loaned him. Piazon gets playing time with Malaga, Even if he were still here, he wouldn't get time. Marin, Ramires, and Bertrand are still ahead of him on the depth chart. .You want to delay a young player's development so they can play against Brentford? We can run out Malouda and Benayoun for all I care.

Yes. We should have loaned him. Piazon gets playing time with Malaga, Even if he were still here, he wouldn't get time. Marin, Ramires, and Bertrand are still ahead of him on the depth chart. .You want to delay a young player's development so they can play against Brentford? We can run out Malouda and Benayoun for all I care.

did u see yesterday's match and the subs we had got? it was marin, torres, luiz, jt, fer, bert... 4 defenders + 1 striker + our only squad player left in a match where we needed to score atleast 2 goals. what does that tell u? mal and yossi are out of the picture. they wont be given a run in or run out for cfc anymore.

plus i still dont understand your thinking? suppose hazard gets a 3 match ban so that would rule him out of reading and newcastle. we are 1-1 in 70 mins in those matches with the best attacking option from the bench in the mid in the form of LUIZ/RAMBO just because we wanted to "develop" a player in 6 months. what do u think is gonna happen there? piazon suddenly turns superman...

did u see yesterday's match and the subs we had got? it was marin, torres, luiz, jt, fer, bert... 4 defenders + 1 striker + our only squad player left in a match where we needed to score atleast 2 goals. what does that tell u? mal and yossi are out of the picture. they wont be given a run in or run out for cfc anymore.

plus i still dont understand your thinking? suppose hazard gets a 3 match ban so that would rule him out of reading and newcastle. we are 1-1 in 70 mins in those matches with the best attacking option from the bench in the mid in the form of LUIZ/RAMBO just because we wanted to "develop" a player in 6 months. what do u think is gonna happen there? piazon suddenly turns superman...

What do you think would happen if Piazon stayed here? He comes on in the 70th minute and scores and saves Chelsea's season? The player who was trusted in a single Premier League match that was already over is going to save our season? Even if Hazard is suspended, we don't really need Piazon. The African Cup of Nation is over in a couple of weeks so even if Nigeria make the finals, the maximum Moses and Mikel will miss is 4 games. We have Mata, Oscar, Marin, and Ramires for attacking midfield and if we need Bertrand or even Torres have played there this year for the next 4 games. Being short of cover all season like we've been in central midfield and striker is bad, but for a maximum of 4 games? We'll survive. If we really needed, we could use Malouda or Benayoun both of who would be absolutely fine. What you're saying is that you'd rather delay a young players' development in order to have him sit on the bench. He's not going to turn into superman in 6 months, but development is a process and him playing regularly helps that process. Him not playing, hurts it.

What do you think would happen if Piazon stayed here? He comes on in the 70th minute and scores and saves Chelsea's season? The player who was trusted in a single Premier League match that was already over is going to save our season? Even if Hazard is suspended, we don't really need Piazon. The African Cup of Nation is over in a couple of weeks so even if Nigeria make the finals, the maximum Moses and Mikel will miss is 4 games. We have Mata, Oscar, Marin, and Ramires for attacking midfield and if we need Bertrand or even Torres have played there this year for the next 4 games. Being short of cover all season like we've been in central midfield and striker is bad, but for a maximum of 4 games? We'll survive. If we really needed, we could use Malouda or Benayoun both of who would be absolutely fine. What you're saying is that you'd rather delay a young players' development in order to have him sit on the bench. He's not going to turn into superman in 6 months, but development is a process and him playing regularly helps that process. Him not playing, hurts it.
what development are u talking about? how many loan spells has kakuta or bruma or bertrand had? if loan spells were the only way then these guys should be superheroes by now...

as for What do you think would happen if Piazon stayed here? He comes on in the 70th minute and scores and saves Chelsea's season? read my first comment again and i have clarified what my expectations from him would have been... as for 4 matches , tell me how many points can we afford to drop to get out of champions league reckoning... mata, oscar , marin are our ONLY options... ramires and lampard are our only true midfield options right now... so in short for a team playing 4-2-3-1 with 5 midfielders we just have a set of 5 players out of which 4 would probably be already drained out of every ounce of energy left in them and the other one is so unused that it makes me question his credibility... as far as malouda and benayoun are concerned, i think last night has already shown how much a part those 2 would be playing for us this season.

so 4 games, out of which 3 will be pl (reading, newcastle and wigan), i would very much risk the development of one youngster when we have already sent a batallion of them for loan spells (josh, chalo,kakuta,bruma,kalas,hutch,ulyses davila,kdb,van aanholt etc etc) than risk 9 or more points of pl and this may just be the starting... what if an injury to the 2 of mazacar or somethin horrendous of that sort... piazon loan spell was unnecessary...

what development are u talking about? how many loan spells has kakuta or bruma or bertrand had? if loan spells were the only way then these guys should be superheroes by now...

as for What do you think would happen if Piazon stayed here? He comes on in the 70th minute and scores and saves Chelsea's season? read my first comment again and i have clarified what my expectations from him would have been... as for 4 matches , tell me how many points can we afford to drop to get out of champions league reckoning... mata, oscar , marin are our ONLY options... ramires and lampard are our only true midfield options right now... so in short for a team playing 4-2-3-1 with 5 midfielders we just have a set of 5 players out of which 4 would probably be already drained out of every ounce of energy left in them and the other one is so unused that it makes me question his credibility... as far as malouda and benayoun are concerned, i think last night has already shown how much a part those 2 would be playing for us this season.

so 4 games, out of which 3 will be pl (reading, newcastle and wigan), i would very much risk the development of one youngster when we have already sent a batallion of them for loan spells (josh, chalo,kakuta,bruma,kalas,hutch,ulyses davila,kdb,van aanholt etc etc) than risk 9 or more points of pl and this may just be the starting... what if an injury to the 2 of mazacar or somethin horrendous of that sort... piazon loan spell was unnecessary...

As of right now, we have three games where we will need to rotate Mata, Oscar, Marin, Ramires, Lampard, and Luiz in the midfield. We'll live. If something else happens, we still have Benayoun and Malouda who are absolutely good enough players. We could even use Ake if we needed to.I have no idea why you are so obsessed with us keeping Piazon. A loan move made sense and is good for his career. You can't hold onto players because maybe you'll get 6 players injured and they'll get to play a few minutes. We made a mistake selling Meireles without cover, but letting a kid with no Premier League experience at a position where we have a lot of depth go on loan is a good move. .

As of right now, we have three games where we will need to rotate Mata, Oscar, Marin, Ramires, Lampard, and Luiz in the midfield. We'll live. If something else happens, we still have Benayoun and Malouda who are absolutely good enough players. We could even use Ake if we needed to.I have no idea why you are so obsessed with us keeping Piazon. A loan move made sense and is good for his career. You can't hold onto players because maybe you'll get 6 players injured and they'll get to play a few minutes. We made a mistake selling Meireles without cover, but letting a kid with no Premier League experience at a position where we have a lot of depth go on loan is a good move. .

again with malouda and benayoun??? and again with a lot of depth??? where is the depth i dont see it... i see 5 players competiting for 5 positions... even if all our players were here which are just 2 more its 7 for 5... look at united... young,valencia,giggs,kagawa for 2 positions. persie, rooney,welbeck, chicha for 2 positions... cleverly,anderson,fletcher,carrick, scholes for 2 positions... now thats depth...

and believe me we dont need 6 players to get injured to get exposed, 1 or 2 would probably do the trick. and i am not obssessed with keeping piazon here, i am confused with the absolute stubborness of people of sending every single youth player we have to a loan spell even when it was very clear how thin our squad was. meireles was sold in the summer, piazon was loaned in the winter when it was obvious we wont be having even moses and mikel. the point is i want to see chelsea having 18 players who can actually play (11 starters + 7 subs) and win a match...

again with malouda and benayoun??? and again with a lot of depth??? where is the depth i dont see it... i see 5 players competiting for 5 positions... even if all our players were here which are just 2 more its 7 for 5... look at united... young,valencia,giggs,kagawa for 2 positions. persie, rooney,welbeck, chicha for 2 positions... cleverly,anderson,fletcher,carrick, scholes for 2 positions... now thats depth...

and believe me we dont need 6 players to get injured to get exposed, 1 or 2 would probably do the trick. and i am not obssessed with keeping piazon here, i am confused with the absolute stubborness of people of sending every single youth player we have to a loan spell even when it was very clear how thin our squad was. meireles was sold in the summer, piazon was loaned in the winter when it was obvious we wont be having even moses and mikel. the point is i want to see chelsea having 18 players who can actually play (11 starters + 7 subs) and win a match...

Normally, we have Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, and Marin for 3 positions. Both RDM and Rafa also favoured playing Ramires and Bertrand there. Even Torres would play ahead of him. Piazon was our 8th or 9th choice attacking midfielder. You're seriously complaining that we loaned out a player that we never were going to play? In your head, you think that if Piazon were around now, he'd be getting lots of playing time and I'm telling you that he wouldn't. Even if Piazon were still on the team, he'd play against Brentford and then probably not even make the bench. Piazon would not get playing time at Chelsea this season. That is why they loaned him.I don't understand complaining about loans either. Look at the progress KDB and Lukaku have made this season? What would have happened had they stayed at Chelsea? They would have played a handful of minutes and not developed. It's a necessary step. (and both players were already well ahead of Piazon in development and experience.)