Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

It seems so, but these things are not that simple with loaned players. Sometimes managers are reluctant to start them because they are aware that the team can't be built around a player who will be gone next season. It is not rare to see managers loan a player because it will give them squad depth, quality and options.

Let's hope he has a similar impact Sturridge did at his time at Bolton, where he was so good they couldn't drop him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems so, but these things are not that simple with loaned players. Sometimes managers are reluctant to start them because they are aware that the team can't be built around a player who will be gone next season. It is not rare to see managers loan a player because it will give them squad depth, quality and options.

Very few teams below Southampton think long term anyway, the main aim for all of those teams is too avoid the drop, and if Bamford is better than the other options he will plau.

Palace have got a couple of forwards to be fair, don't know if he will be as regular as some think unless they offload one or two. He might not even play upfront, he played on the right flank for Boro at times too didn't he, so maybe he will also fill in there.

This has always been the flaw of our loan system. And when he doesn't get regular playing time, they blame the player and not the club who didn't think the decision through properly and sent him to a club with plenty of competition. pardew has no incentive to play him ahead of Gayle (fan favourite), the experienced Ameobi and Chamahk, Campbell and Zaha. It's just stupid.

The whole point of the loan is for players to get as much playing time as possible which will hopefully enable their development and therefore our aim should be to maximize the player's chances of getting those crucial games by sending them to clubs who are desperate for a player that plays in their position.

If he's good enough to play here he should be starting at Palace.

I'm still under the impression hes not good enough to play here, because if he was, he wouldn't be going on loan to Palace and he would be playing here. He still has never played in the premier league, which is what he needs to do before he even gets a chance here. Going to a team stacked with forwards, is a shit loan move in my eyes, not his fault obviously but like at Newcastle Pardew will use guys like Murray and Chamakh in games they have to sit and soak up pressure and play direct mainly because they have a presence. Smaller teams maybe they will use guys like Gayle, Campbell and Bamford but it still baffles me as to why he went there and maybe not Norwich or somewhere else.

As an allround player last season he didn't impress me a lot, but watching his goals themselves, he executes technique on par with any top striker we've had in recent times. He reminds me of Berbatov, which'd be a more valid comparison if Bamford hadn't been instructed to bust his balls tracking players on the wing a few times

I know it might not be popular opinion but I kinda agree with you. He has excellent finishing technique and is a confident player but I'm skeptical about the rest of his game, especially if he wants to be a lone forward for us. He's a long ways away from it right now imo. I think he could do a job like Remy eventually though, but I don't see him ever becoming first choice.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's sold next summer regardless of how well he does. It's a shame that will likely be the case despite signing a new 3 yr contract.

Maybe but I wouldn't jump the gun just yet. Falcao will probably go back to Monaco and then there might be a question mark over Remy again.

Maybe but I wouldn't jump the gun just yet. Falcao will probably go back to Monaco and then there might be a question mark over Remy again.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling Falcao will sign permanently next year.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling Falcao will sign permanently next year.

Depends how good he is.

I expect Bamford to come into the squad on condition 1 that he has a good season for Palace and condition 2 that we sell Remy while he still carries a resale value.

Therefore one way or another it's likely he comes into the squad for 16/17.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/07/new-deal-for-bamford.html

Bamford said: ‘I’m delighted to sign a new contract with Chelsea. My dream has always been to be part of this club for the long term. Chelsea have been fantastic with my development and joining Crystal Palace for this season on loan is the next step for me in my career.’

Good for him going on loan to a good club which i think with Pardew's intelligence will finish in top 10. I am just relieved that Mourinho didn't make him third choice striker at our club because that would be ruining his development. He needs to be in the first team and with Palace i certainly think he will be their first choice striker.

Bamford signing a new contract means Chelsea will have a stronger hand if he impresses at Palace. I can't see him ever kicking a ball for us he'll be gone in a season or two.

That might be a cynical point of view but with our record with young players that's the only outcome i can see.