Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The two goals I've seen have been brilliant, obviously he needs to get a loan in a Prem team next season and replicate these type of finishes in the EPL for a few years if he wants to make it into our squad.

I see quite a few people here don't even think he's going to make it into our first team plans, which usually I'd understand, with out transfer policy he'd get completely overlooked as our youngsters usually do

But with all of Mourhinio's talk of bringing players up from the youth teams I can't think he's ignoring Paddy banging in goals at every level and club he's been at, even if he does end up our second string striker who's to say he won't force his way into a starting spot

He's going to need a Lukaku typed loan In the prem to really get on the radar I think but this kids got bags of potential and I'd love to see another English striker leading the line like Bobby Tambling or Peter Osgood, but I'm getting way ahead of myself

Class act, bags of potential, scores for fun, keep an eye on him

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If he carries on like he is, he will make it here. Eyebrows are raising, jaws are dropping. The kid is talented. The dark horse of the loanee's.

Is he really a dark horse when he's been consistently banging in the goals and it was his goal scoring record for forrest that caught our scouts attention in the 1st place. What he's doing now doesn't surprise me one bit because that's what he's always done. If people choose to underrate him then that's not his fault.

Let's be honest. He won't make it here sadly.

I agree but only because of our abysmal record with youth and general snub for players with low transfer fees. If he was bought for £7m plus, he might have a chance here. he can win the golden boot every season he's on loan and he would still be held in lower regard to the "more expensive and more "continental" options.

I see the usual suspects are moaning about something.

Personally I think this guy could make it here. He just seems to know how to put the ball in the back of the net and the club do seem to want to bring through the youth. He could also benefit from Islam Feruz going somewhat off the boil over the last year and not progressing as everyone had hoped. I'd love for him to get pre-season to show Jose his stuff.

Is he really a dark horse when he's been consistently banging in the goals and it was his goal scoring record for forrest that caught our scouts attention in the 1st place. What he's doing now doesn't surprise me one bit because that's what he's always done. If people choose to underrate him then that's not his fault.

Yes.

No one expected him to be as good as he is. Who expected him to go to MK Dons and absolutely smash it? I certainly didn't. When I heard of his transfer to Derby I thought he'd be a bench player as did many here.

It's exciting that he is doing so well. He can only pass with the dick he's got, so if he keeps this up then there's not much more he can do. He's certainly doing his chances of making it at Chelsea no harm, by being a continued success while out on loan.

Yes.

No one expected him to be as good as he is. Who expected him to go to MK Dons and absolutely smash it? I certainly didn't. When I heard of his transfer to Derby I thought he'd be a bench player as did many here.

Exactly. When we sign players like Feruz (the Scottish Rooney) or Piazon (the new Kaka) then a somewhat unheralded guy from Forest is perhaps not at the top of everyone's list to do well. He's not a spectacular player either. He doesn't have the strength and size of a Loftus-Cheek or the explosiveness of a Feruz, but he just seems to have that innate knack of being in the right place to put the ball away.

Yes.

Again that's not his fault. you and others should have paid more attention to the the talent he's been displaying since Forrest days. He certainly wasn't a dark horse for me and I have always seen him as the most clinical finisher in our reserve before he went on loan even ahead of Lukaku. And before anyone attacks that statement, I emphasize the word "clinical".

Unfortunately hype and transfer fee is what most people use as a basis for judging a player's ability rather than tangibles such as talent, past record, consistency, current ability and form and so on.

Exactly. When we sign players like Feruz (the Scottish Rooney) or Piazon (the new Kaka) then a somewhat unheralded guy from Forest is perhaps not at the top of everyone's list to do well. He's not a spectacular player either. He doesn't have the strength and size of a Loftus-Cheek or the explosiveness of a Feruz, but he just seems to have that innate knack of being in the right place to put the ball away.

He's also got a sweet left foot.

Again that's not his fault. you and others should have paid more attention to the the talent he's been displaying since Forrest days. He certainly wasn't a dark horse for me and I have always seen him as the most clinical finisher in our reserve before he went on loan even ahead of Lukaku. And before anyone attacks that statement, I emphasize the word "clinical".

You mean the whole 15 minutes he played for them?

It wasn't his "whole 15 minutes appearance" that caught the eyes of emenalo and our scout. Believe it or not some people actually follow youth and reserve football in England unlike you.

Indeed, so what's your point? You follow the youth and reserves, well done. It wasn't a shock to you, but to the majority he is a dark horse....