Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Haha very obvious that you don't know him.

Kevin hasn't complained a single time and is working his ass off on training.

It's just the press (and us Belgian ons the forum) making a fuzz about it, because we all think he's the next Johan Cruyff. The Belgian version that is.

So don't make a cry baby out of Kevin. It's us who are the cry babies :D

Woh woh boy, you got me totally wrong... You realised that i said "I don't really know, i can speculate" ? I have nothing against YOU , Kevin or your Country(im cheering for Belgium this Wold Cup). I don't read/watch Football media/tabloids/whatever because all is BULLSHIT! I just tried to clear things up because there is a lot of fog around Kevin(metaphoric). Peace.

Is that why KDB is number 6 out of 6 ams....

Is that why KDB had first dibs to win a starting place with Jose, but couldn't....

KDB doesnt have to surpass one player, he has to surpass 3. (who knows, Chelsea might sign another am again)

Being a key player means making the bench at least....

Oh boy, you're totally missing the point. Last attempt:

We were talking about why KDB didn't go out on loan, well the reason is Mourinho openly stated that KDB was going to be a key player for Chelsea this season. So that was BEFORE the season, during pre-season. Mou was so impressed by KDB (or pretended to be impressed) that HE (Mourinho) explicitly requested that KDB should stay at Stamford Bridge and not go out on loan. That was ALL I was saying.

Mou actually confirmed KDB's key player status by dropping him into the starting 11 for the first match of the season, but despite being named MOTM (okay, you can discuss whether or not that was correct, but at least it means he played rather well) he's not had a decent chance since.

And please don't say he'll get a new chance tonight against Arsenal. KDB doesn't have any match rhythm thanks to Mou so what can you expect from him in one match against Arsenal in the CC for crying out loud.

He'll be sold and then people here will be pissed when he's leading Dortmund to Champions League wondering why Chelsea sold him in the first place.

Let the demagoguery of Mourinho continue ...

Speaking of Dortmund, he won't be walking into that team with Reus, Mikhitaryan and Błaszczykowski around will he?

And two, even if that does happen, that would be one of the very few decision's he got wrong.

Im guessing you were in the group that threw your toys out of the pram when he immediately dropped Cudicini for Cech? or when he started Ba against Norwich? one day it might sink it.

It's early in the season, we're a team in transition yet we're second in the league and just beat the strongest team in the land....but poor little Kevin isn't playing so let's throw the toys out of the pram.

It's fucking pathetic and it reflects poorly on Kevin who seems quite willing to fight for his spot when he gets the chance. Unfortunately we haven't had many opportunities to test him yet because we've been to focused on winning games, but tonight is exactly the type of night when he'll get a chance and he needs to take it.

Effort. That's what he has to show and if he does, he'll get another chance further down the line.

It's only October. He's a good player and he'll get opportunities but it's fucking tiresome seeing some of the reaction from a very, very tiny, insignificant minority of supporters who probably aren't even that bothered about how Chelsea do.

Funny thing is if Schurrle, Willian or even Oscar was in the same position there wouldn't be close to the same outroar there is now.

There is some weird fanboyism for KDB and that's not just with his fellow countrymen, it actually played a bit part in the reason people took a while to take to Schurrle, from what i kept reading/hearing.

Im sure he will get a start tonight. If not he'll get atleast 30 minutes.

Cech

Azpi-Cahill-Luiz-Bertrand

Ramires-Mikel

KDB-Mata-Hazard

BA

I don't think he'll perform that well to change his situation at Chelsea. De Bruyne is a player who needs games and confidence to be at his best, at the moment he has neither.

And even if he performs well tonight, it won't change anything anyway. There's no way De Bruyne will surpass Oscar, Willian, Schurlle, Mata or Hazard in the pecking order of AM's. They are international players that cost a lot of money. The arrival of Willian has created a situation where KDB won't even make it to the bench when everyone's fit, regardless the way he performs.

Funny thing is if Schurrle, Willian or even Oscar was in the same position there wouldn't be close to the same outroar there is now.

There is some weird fanboyism for KDB and that's not just with his fellow countrymen, it actually played a bit part in the reason people took a while to take to Schurrle, from what i kept reading/hearing.

Don't agree, there would be even more outroar if they wouldn't even make it to the bench. They're players with a bigger reputation and cost more money.

Don't agree, there would be even more outroar if they wouldn't even make it to the bench. They're players with a bigger reputation and cost more money.

De Bruyne was the reason for a lot of people not wanting Schurrle, so if KDB was starting most games i doubt their would be a great deal of people bothered that Schurrle wasn't getting a look in.

I'm sure Kevin will play tonight, and I wish him good luck.

The thing is, we are winning just about every game now, and even when we're not playing that well, and lads on the bench have come on and made the difference to turn a few draws into wins, Willian for example could arguably get a place in the starting line up based on how well and how influential he's been. He's also been excellent defensively which could be an area where KDB could improve.

I don't think he'll perform that well to change his situation at Chelsea. De Bruyne is a player who needs games and confidence to be at his best, at the moment he has neither.

And even if he performs well tonight, it won't change anything anyway. There's no way De Bruyne will surpass Oscar, Willian, Schurlle, Mata or Hazard in the pecking order of AM's. They are international players that cost a lot of money. The arrival of Willian has created a situation where KDB won't even make it to the bench when everyone's fit, regardless the way he performs.

I dont believe in writing off any young professional. Especially a kid with the talent of KDB. I have faith he will prove to us all he has a place at CFC.

Yes there certainly would not be an uproar if £30million Willian was reduced to CC appearances. If it was Schurrle who was 6th choice then I myself wouldn't be bothered as he has not impressed me at all this season.

I dont believe in writing off any young professional. Especially a kid with the talent of KDB. I have faith he will prove to us all he has a place at CFC.

I'm not writing him off, not at all. I really believe in KDB and I think he could be a very good player for Chelsea (or almost every other team).

But just look at the facts, there are 5 AM's ahead of him, none of them will probably leave in january, all of them are young players,... There's just no way that KDB will get enough game-time at Chelsea without 1-2 AM's leaving in january or in the summer. And that won't happen.

Yes there certainly would not be an uproar if £30million Willian was reduced to CC appearances. If it was Schurrle who was 6th choice then I myself wouldn't be bothered as he has not impressed me at all this season.

KDB is a utility forward and can play across the front three behind the striker. In my opinion once KDB gets a few games in a row he will eventually be picked ahead of Willian. Just wait after the next world cup and KDB's stock will RISE!

please... the simple insinuation of such a thing in a Mourinho team is ridiculous. Try again, with a stronger case?