Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

Besides Im going to tell you something about squad depth and extra spending. Real and Barca are proof. Real is buying players every year, they won nothing and spend hundreds of millions. Barca basicsly had super small bench but won everything. City was spending like mad and they won nothing. Its not squad depth we do, its crazy spending with short time sucess because then all players who dont play get angry and break good team environment.

You are absolutely right. I wrote an opinion piece about the exact same topic on my Football blog, but it's in Dutch unfortunately :-) Bottom line of the article = too much competition makes a team weaker. Gifted players like Hazard, De Bruyne, Oscar, Mata, Torres & Willian need to be nurtured, given full confidence in order to achieve their best form. Too much competition makes players like that start doubting themselves, make bad decisions in order to improve their stats and beat the competition. Perfect example is indeed Real Madrid vs Barcelona. A true top team builds it's squad around 11 absolutely indisputed top players. Top football is about making choices & sticking to it.

I say KDB will have to do the same in the coming weeks.

What do you expect KDB to do from the stands? Chest a ball down when Terry kicks it into the crowd?

Be serious for a minute. There's nothing KDB has done to get into this situation and very clearly there's nothing he can do to get out of it again.

Just wait for a good opportunity to arrive in January & leave the club permanently, get as far away from Mou as he possibly can.

As a Blues fan it breaks my heart to see how they're putting a prodigious young player like that to waste. Mourinho's policy.

What do you expect KDB to do from the stands? Chest a ball down when Terry kicks it into the crowd?

Be serious for a minute. There's nothing KDB has done to get into this situation and very clearly there's nothing he can do to get out of it again.

Just wait for a good opportunity to arrive in January & leave the club permanently, get as far away from Mou as he possibly can.

As a Blues fan it breaks my heart to see how they're putting a prodigious young player like that to waste. Mourinho's policy.

He will get an opportunity against Arsenal and it's up to him to perform and show Mourinho, something he didn't do against Swindon.

As a Blues fan then why don't you enjoy the fact that we have just beaten most probably our closest title rivals? instead of getting all het up about your personal favorite not playing.

KDB is really in an unfortunate situation, but he should of saw it coming with the signing of Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle and now Willian......

It's sad to see people express their opinion on KDB's situation without any knowledge.

KDB did see it coming, he was willing to go on loan again or even on sale, but Mourinho explicitly requested him to stay and publicly flagged him as "a key player for Chelsea this season".

Unlike the assistant coach cited above, Mourinho's job is to do what is best for Chelsea and not Belgium.

Of course but doing the best for Belgium and Chelsea happen to be the exact same thing: put De Bruyne on the pitch.

But I can't blame you guys for not knowing just how good De Bruyne is, as you've hardly seen him play.

Give it some time, you'll change your mind about him, playing for CFC or another club.

DOn't get why we're not loaning him unless he said he doesnt want to get loaned.....

Okay, this is the last time: MOURINHO decided that KDB shouldn't be loaned, NOT the other way around. Now stick it in your ears and don't forget about it :)

Only Kevin is having a problem with this and i think it is because he isn't bothering that much at training/when given a chance. I don't really know and i can only speculate.

Haha very obvious that you don't know him.

Kevin hasn't complained a single time and is working his ass off on training.

It's just the press (and us Belgian ons the forum) making a fuzz about it, because we all think he's the next Johan Cruyff. The Belgian version that is.

So don't make a cry baby out of Kevin. It's us who are the cry babies :D

As you see we have 3 players for each position except LW and this is the depth every squad needs to be high competetive.

Sorry man but that's a load of cr*p. Barça has been proving for seven or eight years that absurd squad depth is totally unnecessary if not contra-productive.

@ParNolio7

Mate plz consider stopping making so many posts about it (of course you are free to chose) .... I know what you are trying to say, but it is making it impossible for the other belgians to ever say ANYTHING about a belgian player without being called belgian fanboys. Frankly I am sick of that.

You will be as well, if you are on here a lil longer :D

Cheers mate! KTBFFH

As a Blues fan then why don't you enjoy the fact that we have just beaten most probably our closest title rivals? instead of getting all het up about your personal favorite not playing.

Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the victory as much as everyone around here! I even cancelled a dinner with my in-laws just to see every minute of the match :)

Doesn't mean I can't regret the fact that KDB 's being put to waste. He'd make such a brilliant addition to our squad.

It's sad to see people express their opinion on KDB's situation without any knowledge.

KDB did see it coming, he was willing to go on loan again or even on sale, but Mourinho explicitly requested him to stay and publicly flagged him as "a key player for Chelsea this season".

Is that why KDB is number 6 out of 6 ams....

Is that why KDB had first dibs to win a starting place with Jose, but couldn't....

KDB doesnt have to surpass one player, he has to surpass 3. (who knows, Chelsea might sign another am again)

Being a key player means making the bench at least....

As a fan of both Chelsea and KDB, I really hope KDB is getting sold or loaned out in the january transfer window. Would in my opinion be the best solution for both Chelsea and KDB.

Best for Chelsea how? Even for Kevin personally, I'm not too sure if that would the best. Mourinho must be talking to the lad and giving him motivation to work harder...I really think Mourinho knows what he's doing and that he, in some warped, mid-long term kind of way we mere mortals cannot think of, is doing Kevin a favour...

Was really excited about the prospect of seeing KDB this season, especially after his successful loan spell and pre season. It is a bit upsetting him not getting his ideal gametime, but really, we are in a very strong position in the league currently (considering our tough fixture list) and if Mou wants the defensive qualities of certain players, so be it.

Important to remember that we support Chelsea, not a particular player.

That being said though it is a very long season and one injury to one of the AM's or a stellar performance against Arsenal could see KDB get an opportunity to show how he can slot into this Chelsea team.

I really think Mourinho knows what he's doing and that he, in some warped, mid-long term kind of way we mere mortals cannot think of, is doing Kevin a favour...

Exactly, I got that same feeling. I somehow expect a KDB to come up in a few months on a whole other level confidence/consistency wise.