Kevin de Bruyne

Madmax

please... the simple insinuation of such a thing in a Mourinho team is ridiculous. Try again, with a stronger case?

It wasn't in any way meant to be negative for Mourinho.

At the moment there are 5 AM's ahead of him. Most of them are playing well, are established players in international football and cost Chelsea a lot of money. To get in the team, he would have to surpass three of those players, which means three of those players would either be on the bench or in the stands. I just don't believe that will happen often this season, except for games like this evening.

Good post Barbara.

Is just that there is too many ridiculous KDB fans out here.

Look at how Mourinho has been praising Cesar.

This was a guy I was praising before Mourinho said anything because of his hard work. He has performed good in all the games he has come to play for us.

And I thought that if Mourinho was a fair guy he would take notice of this.

Which he did proving me right.

So here KDB only has himself to blame cause he was woeful in the Capital One game and as Mourinho has stated not impress in training.

My weekly KDB thread routine:

Click on thread --> Read first 2-3 posts --> facepalm --> read another 2-3 posts --> give up on humanity --> mark thread as read --> don't click on the thread for a week --> repeat.

if he's as good as most of you [or us] believe he is, his price tag is irrelevant. Mourinho doesn't play players based on how much they cost and what should be their benefits from it.

As @The Mak just said before you, he needs to make an effort, to work hard, to fight his way back into the team. If he does that he'll gain more chances and will have more opportunities to bring good performances that will at least afford him a few selections and subs.

He was the first AM to be given a chance in all honesty as Oscar and Hazard were already part of the team, he played really well and with a lot of work-rate in those 30 minutes against Hull. Then he faded a bit - like many others did. He was given more chances in August, but Schürrle made better use of the chances he also got at that time and he was rightfully imo preferred over Kevin in September. Then Mata recovered from injury and also had to be given a few chances, and when Kevin finally had a chance to show his value, he failed and for Mourinho he failed in more ways than one.

Mourinho also said at the beginning of the month before the match against Steaua that Kevin's problem were beyond the lethargic match, but also in training sessions. The ball is on Kevin's court and no one should be blamed for the position he finds himself now, except himself. Don't give me the 'too deep' squad argument, because this week in two of our most important matches this first part of the season Schürrle and Willian displaced simply Juan Mata from the team. Nobody has a guaranteed spot except maybe 3-4 guys who earned that trust vote from Mourinho as they've been way too solid through the whole season so far [which imo are Terry, Iva and Oscar, with Ramires just edging the list too]. So if Schürrle can displace Mata from the team, why can't de Bruyne if he shows he's better than the other 5 or at least the other 3?

He was given chances - even if few - the problem is he didn't capitalized them while others did. When you impress the boss (especially with your will and effort) in one match you're more than likely to start the following. That's what Schürrle did [among others] and that's why he was given consecutive chances starting or as a sub. Kevin has to do the same, so I repeat, the ball is on his court.

As far as attacking mids this season goes. Hazard is the only one with a sure spot when fit. Oscar kept himself in the team with good performances. Hazard was a sure bet for the starting eleven even when he was weak. I guess Mourinho sees him as his star player at the moment, and he can play on both wings, Oscar is kinda limited to the nr10 spot with Schürrle/Willian/Hazard and to a lesser degree Mata around.

Best for Chelsea how? Even for Kevin personally, I'm not too sure if that would the best. Mourinho must be talking to the lad and giving him motivation to work harder...I really think Mourinho knows what he's doing and that he, in some warped, mid-long term kind of way we mere mortals cannot think of, is doing Kevin a favour...

No doubt that training under Mourinho is of great value, but no matter how you look at it, with players like Shurrle, Oscar, Hazard, Mata and William, there will always be one put aside. In my opinion, they are all such great players that none of them deserves watching the game from the stands. Yes squad depth is crucial, but I believe that with 5 AM's we have enough high-quality squad depth. Not to mention E'too can play more then only the striker role.

I personnaly believe Kevin would benefit more from playing matches then training under Mourinho, as match rithm is not to be valuated lightly. But then again, I might be mistaken ...

I know that things would change when one of them would have a serious injury and be out for weeks/months, but is that what we are expecting to happen?

As far as attacking mids this season goes. Hazard is the only one with a sure spot when fit. Oscar kept himself in the team with good performances. Hazard was a sure bet for the starting eleven even when he was weak. I guess Mourinho sees him as his star player at the moment, and he can play on both wings, Oscar is kinda limited to the nr10 spot with Schürrle/Willian/Hazard and to a lesser degree Mata around.

I agree partially. I agree with how Hazard is Mourinho's star. I've said it a few times myself. As for Oscar being limited compared to others #10, I guess it only applies to Mata, especially because the other three you mentioned play more often [and better] in the wings.

Oscar is Mourinho's favorite son in the team because of how hard he works, his general attitude and how he follows closely everything Mourinho says. Mourinho said it all (except the favorite part). So Hazard is his fave star and Oscar is his fave son. Still there are matches either of them won't play.

Also watching yesterday's match and how Oscar was more daring in his passes, trying the unexpected more often and more splitting passes than he normally does [until Mourinho sent instructions for him through Willian], I guess Mourinho asked him to try to be more narrow, incisive and creative. Mourinho is trying to make him blossom on that and he had a couple of passes there yesterday that were very Mata-esque. The downside right now is that to make those 2-3 passes he completely missed another 2-3 and another 2-3 he and the player to receive the ball were unlucky as the opposition was lucky to touch the ball at the final moment. But he's getting there and I see Mourinho's touch in the way he changed his performance yesterday.

Well that has to be the end of KDB at Chelsea. First to be replaced during Capital One Cup game, that says it all.

Oh wil you shut up.. he didn't even play badly.. fucking dramatic responses getting beyond a joke in here!

Oh wil you shut up.. he didn't even play badly.. fucking dramatic responses getting beyond a joke in here!

Yeah people making it seem like this dude is a beast.

He is just an okay player.

From what I seen not better then what schurrle or Willian can offer.

He is good enough to be a squad player like Ryan.

Yeah people making it seem like this dude is a beast.

He is just an okay player.

From what I seen not better then what schurrle or Willian can offer.

He is good enough to be a squad player like Ryan.

Nope, Lets sell him, asap, first of january if possible.

He tried hard tonight but every time the camera panned on him all I could see was someone who was nervous and under a lot of pressure which meant he didn't quite show what he's capable of. The good thing is that he started and was part of a winning side that beat Le Arse at the Emirates, that should give him a push.