Paul Pogba

Madmax

I don't for a minute believe they are a sampling of the Chelsea supporters...not by a long shot. In fact I think that's a pretty big insult to Chelsea supporters to suggest that.

Some people came into that thread, slagged him off and a few members who know they're stuff defended him. One of the people criticising him said it was the first time he had seen him play.

Please. :rolleyes:

"People who know their football" LMAO :lol: You mean people who said that he'd be with Englnad's senior WC squad next year or that it is unimaginable that Nathanial will not be playing in the PL this season? :lol:

Get off your high-horse..

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I said if we can't get gundogan, I can hardly find a better option than pogba.

He's not a typical box to box like you are pointing out,(vidal is more of that) his passing is fantastic. He is like yaya toure. His passing range alone will be a massive improvement in our pivot, he has come in to replace pirlo a lot of times and never changed the way juve play with pirlo's absence.

So its unfair to say he's just a box to box.

Look at yaya toure, he can play as a box to box for mancity, and still fit in as a DM fantastically for barcelona.

Pogba is this type of player.

Toure is a terrible DM. Hence why Guardiola got rid of him from that position as soon as he took charge. He lacked discipline and tactical awareness, hes a box to box midfielder, he likes to push up and support attacks, hence why Mancini played Gareth Barry or Javi Garcia or Jack Rodwell next to him; to allow him to go and play further up. Same with Fernandinho partnering him under Pellegrini.

I've been watching Juve this season, Pogba is better suited to the box to box position he usually plays for Juve. Sure hes came in for Pirlo and played in front of the back 3 so Andrea can rest but hes not a natural fit there, not yet anyway. If he was to become more accustomed in that role for Juve over the next few year then sure why not but we should not be spending anything over 30m for a player whose best in a box to box position to retrain as a deep lying playmaker. It would be like spending 40m on someone like Julian Draxler to turn him into a striker because he has a good long range shot from distance, decent finisher in general, good link up play and he's 6 ft ....

"People who know their football" LMAO :lol: You mean people who said that he'd be with Englnad's senior WC squad next year or that it is unimaginable that Nathanial will not be playing in the PL this season? :lol:

Get off your high-horse..

I believe I said he had a chance at being a bolter for the squad if he got a Premier League loan...maybe I'm mistaken or maybe you're just lying.

As for the posters who defended him, I'd say absolutely they're far more knowledgeable and far more representative of the Chelsea support than the posters who were laying into Nat, at least in my experience of following this club. Your's may differ slightly. ;)

Losing Pogba must be a horrible thought for a Juventus supporter though. He's been a big player for you guys hasn't he?

The signing of Pogba simply puts one more player in front of him and that could damage his prospects immensely.

With lamps and essien leaving, with MVG surely going (on loan to recover from that injury) it leaves enough space for chalobah to be a direct substitute for pogba or ramires.

Toure is a terrible DM. Hence why Guardiola got rid of him from that position as soon as he took charge. He lacked discipline and tactical awareness, hes a box to box midfielder, he likes to push up and support attacks, hence why Mancini played Gareth Barry or Javi Garcia or Jack Rodwell next to him; to allow him to go and play further up. Same with Fernandinho partnering him under Pellegrini.

I've been watching Juve this season, Pogba is better suited to the box to box position he usually plays for Juve. Sure hes came in for Pirlo and played in front of the back 3 so Andrea can rest but hes not a natural fit there, not yet anyway. If he was to become more accustomed in that role for Juve over the next few year then sure why not but we should not be spending anything over 30m for a player whose best in a box to box position to retrain as a deep lying playmaker. It would be like spending 40m on someone like Julian Draxler to turn him into a striker because he has a good long range shot from distance, decent finisher in general, good link up play and he's 6 ft ....

The most successful season for barcelona came with yaya toure as DM.

I don't know how to explain to you anymore on how pogba will be a good DM for us. So let's agree to disagree. :)

But which 2 players will you want us to get if we don't get gundogan?

The most successful season for barcelona came with yaya toure as DM.

I don't know how to explain to you anymore on how pogba will be a good DM for us. So let's agree to disagree. :)

But which 2 players will you want us to get if we don't get gundogan?

The 2008-09 season where they won the treble Busquets (his first season in the senior team) and Toure started more or less the same amount of games, Toure played at CB in various games too due to Puyols dodgy fitness. Season 2009-10 where they won 6 trophies, Busquets made 51 appearances and Toure 36 appearances, then the season after he was sold. Watch how he plays for City and how Busquets plays for Barca, watch how disciplined and aware Busquets is, Toure is never like that. Toure is a box to box, Toure isn't a DM. Hence Mancini using Barry to cover for his tactical and awareness faults next to him.

Anyway to answer your question, Modric or Mateo Kovacic (has so much potential, can be a magnificent player).

I believe I said he had a chance at being a bolter for the squad if he got a Premier League loan...maybe I'm mistaken or maybe you're just lying.

As for the posters who defended him, I'd say absolutely they're far more knowledgeable and far more representative of the Chelsea support than the posters who were laying into Nat, at least in my experience of following this club. Your's may differ slightly. ;)

Losing Pogba must be a horrible thought for a Juventus supporter though. He's been a big player for you guys hasn't he?

Bolter for the WC squad? He can't make the starting XI of the England U21 team :lol:

And you're actually saying that we should not sign Pogba, who is a nailed on starter for Juve and France, because he would hinder Nathanial's development? By the time Nathanial is ready to be a first team player at Chelsea we will surely have bought a CM, if not two, regardless if it is Pogba or not. Top teams wait for no one. If Nathanial is good enough, he'll force his way into the first team over the options we already have just like Pogba forced his way into Juve over the likes of Marchisio and Giacherrini.

I would absolutely love Pogba here. One of the best prospects in the world. If we do have a chance to sign him, it really is a no-brainer. But I find it very unlikely in the next year or two.

And you're actually saying that we should sign Pogba, who is a nailed on starter for Juve and France, because he would hinder Nathanial's development?

Actually I was saying it would represent a lot of what I think is wrong with the club right now.

I like Pogba as a player and I think he'd be a massive loss for your club, but I'd really rather see us give Nat a chance because I think he'd take it with both hands and would get plenty of support from the crowd. You think differently based on what Toli and Madmax said and that's fine - we all go by our own experiences after all and your's and mine are clearly a bit different. :wave:

Actually I was saying it would represent a lot of what I think is wrong with the club right now.

I like Pogba as a player and I think he'd be a massive loss for your club, but I'd really rather see us give Nat a chance because I think he'd take it with both hands.

Well, Chelsea giving Nathanial a role with first team atm is about as likely as him making England's WC squad. And that has nothing to do with Pogba or any CM we sign in the next two transfer windows.

Modric or Xabi Alonso. Even Montolivo could be decent, hes got the skillset, played deep for Fiorentina and Italy then Alegri decided to play him a bit further up.

I mean available players. Madrid suddenly love modric so he's not going anywhere soon. Montolivo is a no-no for me. He's over rated in my opinion.

Well, Chelsea giving Nathanial a role with first team atm is about as likely as him making England's WC squad. And that has nothing to do with Pogba or any CM we sign in the next two transfer windows.

Exactly, and that's a problem that we probably need to remedy otherwise there's no point in having an academy beyond producing items for other clubs to buy like a Chinese sweatshop. That seems like a soulless way to develop youth though.

I mean available players. Madrid suddenly love modric so he's not going anywhere soon. Montolivo is a no-no for me. He's over rated in my opinion.

Nobody of the class we need is available in my eyes. In fact any of Modric, Pogba, Alonso, Montolivo, De Rossi, Gundogan... whoever else you name will cost a shit load of money, their clubs want to keep them.

The 2008-09 season where they won the treble Busquets (his first season in the senior team) and Toure started more or less the same amount of games, Toure played at CB in various games too due to Puyols dodgy fitness. Season 2009-10 where they won 6 trophies, Busquets made 51 appearances and Toure 36 appearances, then the season after he was sold. Watch how he plays for City and how Busquets plays for Barca, watch how disciplined and aware Busquets is, Toure is never like that. Toure is a box to box, Toure isn't a DM. Hence Mancini using Barry to cover for his tactical and awareness faults next to him.

Anyway to answer your question, Modric or Mateo Kovacic (has so much potential, can be a magnificent player).

I don't know how you got that stat that busquets played more than toure in guardiolas first season 2008-2009. But I think yaya played more and moved to center back against manutd in the final.

I like mobile and strong dm's that can pass like yaya and javi martinez. But you seem to like more static dms like busquets and maybe mikel, so I can see where our difference lies.

Modric won't be sold by madrid, he's ancellotis second name on the sheet after ronaldo.

Why I asked that question is because there are few better options for the pivot than pogba for us if dortmund don't sell gundogan.

I don't know how you got that stat that busquets played more than toure in guardiolas first season 2008-2009. But I think yaya played more and moved to center back against manutd in the final.

I like mobile and strong dm's that can pass like yaya and javi martinez. But you seem to like more static dms like busquets and maybe mikel, so I can see where our difference lies.

Modric won't be sold by madrid, he's ancellotis second name on the sheet after ronaldo.

Why I asked that question is because there are few better options for the pivot than pogba for us if dortmund don't sell gundogan.

Well if you'd rather see one of Ramires or Pogba potentially used in the wrong role then maybe it would be a good deal but still...

Nobody of the class we need is available in my eyes. In fact any of Modric, Pogba, Alonso, Montolivo, De Rossi, Gundogan... whoever else you name will cost a shit load of money, their clubs want to keep them.

Exactly. No one is available that will very well improve there. That's why I'll settle for pogba

Well if you'd rather see one of Ramires or Pogba potentially used in the wrong role then maybe it would be a good deal but still...

Personally I'd like to see a very dynamic pivot of both. Ramires - Pogba. Both covering each other, both physical. Pogba has a nice pass on him - Oscar can drop and link play up as he does for us atm.

I think a dynamic pivot is the way forward.

Personally I'd like to see a very dynamic pivot of both. Ramires - Pogba. Both covering each other, both physical. Pogba has a nice pass on him - Oscar can drop and link play up as he does for us atm.

I think a dynamic pivot is the way forward.

It would be difficult because it will be similar to when Lampard is steaming upfield because of his goal threat and then Ramires is left playing a role he isn't accustomed to. Sure Pogba is an upgrade on Lampard but I can't see it working imo.

It would be difficult because it will be similar to when Lampard is steaming upfield because of his goal threat and then Ramires is left playing a role he isn't accustomed to. Sure Pogba is an upgrade on Lampard but I can't see it working imo.

Then why isn't the Mikel- Lamps pivot working Mikel being in his comfort zone when Lamps jets forward?....

i reckon Lamps- Rami pivot is miles better in terms of efficiency since they both compliment each other well and Lamps acts like the DLP spraying long balls up field. But Pogba can do a better job than Lamps right now and is a more dynamic force in the center. Also can do a decent job at defence when Rami gets forward with his runs.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You