Paul Pogba

Madmax

Then why isn't the Mikel- Lamps pivot working Mikel being in his comfort zone when Lamps jets forward?....

i reckon Lamps- Rami pivot is miles better in terms of efficiency since they both compliment each other well and Lamps acts like the DLP spraying long balls up field. But Pogba can do a better job than Lamps right now and is a more dynamic force in the center. Also can do a decent job at defence when Rami gets forward with his runs.

Lampard is useless anywhere in the pivot, he doesn't tackle as we seen against Spurs several times, hes just glided past easily by more mobile players, his positional sense is also quite bad. When we are under pressure he is careless in possession, sloppy passes that lose the ball. He isn't a deep lying playmaker either... the sort of player we need to play next to Mikel/Rami/whoever has to be able to break play up as well, Lampard doesn't do a lot of that in my eyes. He claims he is trying to play a more disciplined midfield role but he is like Yaya Toure, he is closer to the opposition box than his own half the time.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lampard is useless anywhere in the pivot, he doesn't tackle as we seen against Spurs several times, hes just glided past easily by more mobile players, his positional sense is also quite bad. When we are under pressure he is careless in possession, sloppy passes that lose the ball. He isn't a deep lying playmaker either... the sort of player we need to play next to Mikel/Rami/whoever has to be able to break play up as well, Lampard doesn't do a lot of that in my eyes. He claims he is trying to play a more disciplined midfield role but he is like Yaya Toure, he is closer to the opposition box than his own half the time.

I was not branding him as a DLP, just that he is the closest thing, we have got, to that role.

Personally I'd like to see a very dynamic pivot of both. Ramires - Pogba. Both covering each other, both physical. Pogba has a nice pass on him - Oscar can drop and link play up as he does for us atm.

I think a dynamic pivot is the way forward.

Ramires-Pogba would be extremely powerful but not very creative. We lack that player who can provide the transition and can play between the lines to break up defenses from midfield. That is neither Ramires's nor Pogba's style. Look at Schweinsteiger-Martinez or Alonso-Khedira. All four players are not exactly dynamic but still cover all the necessary attributes for a pivot

I was not branding him as a DLP, just that he is the closest thing, we have got, to that role.

Like Pogba hes an all round midfielder... who is better in the box to box role where he can be more effective for the team, getting into positions so he can arrive late in the box as he has done for the last 10 or 11 years at Chelsea. Hes not mobile enough to recover as quickly as Rami due to the fact he is 35, he leaves whoever his partner is exposed 9 times out of 10 when they switch roles and their is a turnover of possession...

He should be homegrown as well, shouldnt he?

He'd spent about 3 seasons at United

He should be homegrown, that will be nice.

If that source is true, (its wrong most of the time) then we'll fix our pivot for the 2nd half of the season for the crucial champs lge knockout stages

When Jose is in doubt about the team, he begs Roman for more money to buy players.

Sends out Lukaku on loan, but now he wants to buy Martinez ?

Nothing wrong with buying Martinez. He's 27, about to hit his peak and he scores goals.

I'd be much more satisfied with Martinez as our #1 striker instead of past-it Torres, past-it Eto'o and an average Ba..

Nothing wrong with buying Martinez. He's 27, about to hit his peak and he scores goals.

I'd be much more satisfied with Martinez as our #1 striker instead of past-it Torres, past-it Eto'o and an average Ba..

I didn´t say there is anything wrong with Matrinez though.

I questioned Jose´s intention when he already had Lukaku to play.

Sunday People are saying Mou wants to make a bid for him in January. And on Jackson Martinez.

Italian and French media reporting the same thing.

Also Juventus seems to be interested in Kevin De Bruyne and some reports suggest he will be a priority for Juve in the next transfer window, alongside Sociedad's Griezmann.

Now, if you ask me, I'd be glad to offer De Bruyne and, let's say, another €20M for Pogba. Since Kevin is valued at about €15M, I think another €20M would be a fair amount and a good piece of business for Juventus since Pogba joined them for free.

I know De Bruyne is a talented lad with, probably, a great future ahead of him, but I just can't see him settle into this Chelsea team. The left wing is packed with Hazard and Schurrle, the playmaker's positions is Oscar's (and Mata's too) and Willian (and Mata/Oscar/Schurrle) will play on the right wing. I know De Bruyne can play in more than one positions, he can be the playmaker, he can also play on the right wing or as a pivot, but I feel he's like a fifth wheel right now...

De Bruyne plus money for Paul Pogba would be the right deal since we need the frenchman more than we need De Bruyne atm. Lampard won't be here forever and getting one of the greatest prospects in European football to play in the pivot alongside Rami would be a great piece of business.

I'd take Pogba if we tried for Witsel or Gündogan and failed, but he shouldn't be our first choice for this position.

This is the only place we need to invest in this coming transfer window. I really hope we don't buy Jackson Martinez. We shouldn't even think about buying another striker until the summer. Even then we shouldn't be looking for a big name, super expensive one. Lukaku will be first choice, Torres second, and we can buy an inexpensive one after that.

I'd take Pogba if we tried for Witsel or Gündogan and failed, but he shouldn't be our first choice for this position.

This is the only place we need to invest in this coming transfer window. I really hope we don't buy Jackson Martinez. We shouldn't even think about buying another striker until the summer. Even then we shouldn't be looking for a big name, super expensive one. Lukaku will be first choice, Torres second, and we can buy an inexpensive one after that.

Exactly. I don't want any buy that does not massively improve the position again. So martinez is a no for me.

I have confidence lukaku can work out his ball control this season, earn some prestige in europe and come back to us next season as a bigger player.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You