The FM Thread

.Cee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also, where did this come from?! I wasn't managing Chelsea or Man United, so to see the computer managers come up with a game like this is a bit lol:

b6fec60e7304a43badd6ccf0fad1ca6b.png

In my Bayern/England save recently, Sampdoria beat Valencia 4-0 in the 1st leg of Europa League away from home. Second leg is formality but that turned not to be the case. Valencia thrashed Sampdoria 5-0 in the second leg instead!

In my Bayern/England save recently, Sampdoria beat Valencia 4-0 in the 1st leg of Europa League away from home. Second leg is formality but that turned not to be the case. Valencia thrashed Sampdoria 5-0 in the second leg instead!

The AI is rather stupid. If you destroy them in the first leg they come out with an all out attack in the second leg. It's really easy to just sit deep and get your team to pass long to a fast striker.

Virtuoso Vaguinho has won the Liga Orangina and produced a heroic performance in that loss in the Portuguese League Cup final. Though he didn't get on the scoresheet, he got an assist and won 12 tackles- all as a striker. I can't believe such an average player can be quite so good, he's the kind of player who'd never be given a look by any AI manager regardless of his form because of his shitty attributes.

All these memories...

Used to play 10 years ago, I started I believe on Championship Manager 3 or 4.

I used to play for hours and hours and hours.

But I don't play anymore since maybe 3-4 years.

I was not getting as much fun as I used to, I was losing and I had no motivation to try to change tactics, training and everything.

But CM and FM are definitely the game I played the more!

All these memories...

Used to play 10 years ago, I started I believe on Championship Manager 3 or 4.

I used to play for hours and hours and hours.

But I don't play anymore since maybe 3-4 years.

I was not getting as much fun as I used to, I was losing and I had no motivation to try to change tactics, training and everything.

But CM and FM are definitely the game I played the more!

There's always one player who inspires you to keep going. In my case, it is Vágner Luiz da Silva:

3c6f7612d7daa43a4cda8c67715b7495.png

The AI is rather stupid. If you destroy them in the first leg they come out with an all out attack in the second leg. It's really easy to just sit deep and get your team to pass long to a fast striker.

Can you really blame them? They need to score and turn the tie around to progress. And from us players POV, guess it is a good thing. The feeling of thrashing a team is always nice, especially if it's a big team and/or one of your rivals.

Anyway, here are the screenshots of the Valencia v Sampdoria tie.

V0-4S.jpg

S0-5V.jpg

Both games looked feisty. Plenty of yellow cards and both sides got red cards in each game. Even then though, the huge turnaround is jaw dropping!

Sampdoria did turn around a tie after losing the first leg against Hoffeinheim although the margin wasn't as ridiculous as the one above.

SECRun.jpg

ive started a new game and im not even out if December and Torres has scored 23 in 23 hope he is like this next season

FM really overrates Torres. I'm sure Torres in FM13 will be more like the Torres now, inconsistent and a shadow of his former self.

ive started a new game and im not even out if December and Torres has scored 23 in 23 hope he is like this next season

He's far too good. Get Cav-ezzi also are overrated, they're excellent players but their domination on my Napoli save was a bit lol.

I'll tell you who the game underrates. Vaguinho :wub:

He's far too good. Get Cav-ezzi also are overrated, they're excellent players but their domination on my Napoli save was a bit lol.

I'll tell you who the game underrates. Vaguinho :wub:

Another crappy average player?? :lol:

Another crappy average player?? :lol:

Crap? Average?

Virtuous Valter laughs at the superstars and their notions of winning trophies, individual and team. There is something much better than that... mediocrity.

3c6f7612d7daa43a4cda8c67715b7495.png

To be fair to him he's anything but average. He owns Portugal at the moment. 2 trophies and a losing cup final, and a man of the match in the two cup finals. Europe shall be next, the Europa League will not know what hit them with my patented brand of packing my team with rubbish Brazilian free agents on the wrong side of 30, playing a 4-4-2 Very Rigid, Standard, Direct Passing!

Just finished my 1st season with Chelsea won the league Loserpool came 2nd lol had a bad run near the end of the season went out of Europe in the 1/4 finals semis in the fa cup to WIGAN lol in pre season and just won the Carefree Cup :blue scalf: lol so anything else is a bonus now!!!

Just finished my 1st season with Chelsea won the league Loserpool came 2nd lol had a bad run near the end of the season went out of Europe in the 1/4 finals semis in the fa cup to WIGAN lol in pre season and just won the Carefree Cup :blue scalf: lol so anything else is a bonus now!!!

The Carefree Cup? :D