Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Deep dish pizza is rubbish but still better than fucking New York pizza. Cardboard with cheese, sauce and three pieces of pepperoni.

doubtful....

You prob ate pizza at a fast food joint and paid like 5 dollars...

NYC is expensive brah, you spend little, you get nothing....

No, I doubt it.

Chicago is one of the most dangerous cities in the world. You probably been the suburbs of chitown....

And spend a winter in chicago and than tell me how much you love it there. Illinois people call everything chicago these days.

Yeah, I'm not going to choose to live in bloody Englewood just like I wouldn't choose to live in the bloody Midtown or Compton. Don't act like the winter in New York is a fun affair either...

I'm just saying that between the choice of New York and Chicago, I'd say Chicago.

Yeah, I'm not going to choose to live in bloody Englewood just like I wouldn't choose to live in the bloody Midtown or Compton. Don't act like the winter in New York is a fun affair either...

I'm just saying that between the choice of New York and Chicago, I'd say Chicago.

Chicago called the windy city for a reason....Spend a winter there and tell me how much you love it than...

NYC is no where close to chicago in terms of temp/windchill Chicago does every winter....

10 Major Cities With the Worst Winter of 2013-2014

Chicago was #2...

And most of the cities are midwest cities..

You mean simplistic, not simple.

Melbourne is a stupidly long commute for a man with a young family in this country and he clearly as aspirations to play internationally still so why wouldn't he push himself at the highest level - the PL and Champions League?

He's going to be playing in America anyway? What difference does this distance make then. it's an excuse to justify this move when I see none for it. He should be contracted from 2015 anyway with NYC so I don't believe in this theory that he had no choice tbh

He's going to be playing in America anyway? What difference does this distance make then. it's an excuse to justify this move when I see none for it. He should be contracted from 2015 anyway with NYC so I don't believe in this theory that he had no choice tbh

As I stated earlier, there's a vast difference between commuting from the UK to New York and Melbourne.

As for cities to live in and work in, New York is the media capital of the world. I'm not having a pop at Melbourne but it doesn't even come close to New York in terms of opportunities for a person of Frank's standing.

Melbourne has been awarded the most liveable city three years in a row for no reason.

Beating out Vienna, Vancouver and Toronto.....and that's got the square root of fuck all to do with how big a media and sports market it is. :doh:

I'm sure it's a lovely city to live in, but you do understand that there New York is a bigger potential market for someone in Lampard's field right? He's in the entertainment business, so it's the equivalent of a show being on Broadway and being on a cruise ship. At sea you get all that fresh air and a lovely tan, but really who gives a fuck. You're still on a cruise ship.

Again I ask you if he wants to stay fit, why not just come back to us? The fitness reasoning is irrelevant IMO, it's not like City were the only club on the planet willing to loan Frank for fitness reasons.

Why will we pay him 4mil (or since it is half a season 2mil) to train with us? Why would city/new york pay him for doing that when they NEED him cos he perfectly fits their HG criteria!!!

Why will we pay him 4mil (or since it is half a season 2mil) to train with us? Why would city/new york pay him for doing that when they NEED him cos he perfectly fits their HG criteria!!!

Because he's a CFC legend.......

£2m is nothing for someone like Frank.

Because he's a CFC legend.......

£2m is nothing for someone like Frank.

He is a CFC legend and 2 years down the road he WILL be on our coaching staff but we are not a charity here. Zola was a legend but I don't think we would give him a coaching job just for the sake of it.

And this is what considering the fact that city would let it happen or that FL would accept this "charity". He is still a pro footballer and with it comes some integrity.

Beating out Vienna, Vancouver and Toronto.....and that's got the square root of fuck all to do with how big a media and sports market it is. :doh:

I'm sure it's a lovely city to live in, but you do understand that there New York is a bigger potential market for someone in Lampard's field right? He's in the entertainment business, so it's the equivalent of a show being on Broadway and being on a cruise ship. At sea you get all that fresh air and a lovely tan, but really who gives a fuck. You're still on a cruise ship.

:lol:

It's ok mate, New York is a lovely city also. Don't burst a blood vessel over this...

tN0mJDq.png

Wouldn't be surprised if Frank follows Patrick Vieira and becomes a part of the furniture for the City family, he's going to be contracted to them either way. Vierira isn't 'Football Development Executive' anymore, he's now 'Elite Development squad exec', so there's a position available for Frank; and we all know he'll go where the money is.

He is a CFC legend and 2 years down the road he WILL be on our coaching staff but we are not a charity here. Zola was a legend but I don't think we would give him a coaching job just for the sake of it.

And this is what considering the fact that city would let it happen or that FL would accept this "charity". He is still a pro footballer and with it comes some integrity.

We aren't a charity indeed but for a club legend like Frank, who is counted as by many CFC fans as the best ever CFC player - it's nothing but normal to have one of our biggest legends to come train with us and have an important leadership and squad role. It wouldn't seem like charity at all to me. It's Lampard we're talking about here. I don't think his integrity as a footballer would be questioned if we offered that during his 6 month loan - where fitness is the main reason lets not forget, not winning titles because he's only there for 6 months and we offer that here as well regardless - here at CFC.

You could apply 'charity' to the City move as well. The main reasons he's being signed is because he's a HG player. IMO it's clear that City and Pellegrini are clearly using this move for that reason mainly, and also to spite CFC and Jose. So one could easily flip it around and say that Frank's integrity as a pro footballer is also challenged in this situation.

As I stated earlier, there's a vast difference between commuting from the UK to New York and Melbourne.

As for cities to live in and work in, New York is the media capital of the world. I'm not having a pop at Melbourne but it doesn't even come close to New York in terms of opportunities for a person of Frank's standing.

You make it sound like he's going for business and investment opportunities. it's besides the point in the first place.

This loan is until January. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the MLS season begin in March? How is going to Melbourne for 6 months hampering any of these opportunities. He's a grown man, he doesn't have to go on loan to Manchester City if he doesn't want to. I'm sure they didn't hide the concept from him when he first began negotiating with NYC.

Melbourne wasn't the only alternative he could've gone for lmao. As for proving himself at the top level, how exactly does he plan to impress Roy anyway if he's playing sporadically for City (while helping them take points from us).

He fully knew what would happen by joining MLS' Manchester City, ignorance is bliss I suppose, but it's not an excuse.

I just find it mind boggling how you're so okay with this. you've in the past discussed how there's an emotional connection with this club for fans, it's not just a business. that couldn't be more true when it comes to Lampard, we emotionally invested in him because he appeared to show loyalty as well as class.

Loyalty over Royalty.