Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Raúl wanted to leave Real Madrid he even said so himself. I think he said that he didn't want to leave but he didn't want to be the third of fourth choice at Real. He'd rather be an important player at a small club than a smaller player at an important club.

i'm not saying he didn't, but the 2nd one was kind of "yeah, it's 6* up, now you can take it"

*cant exactly remember which one was the 2nd penalty

besides, Lamps is known for being kind of egoistic when it comes to penalties. he was fighting with Di Canio as well.

first things first, it DI canio... who has not fought with him or rather who has not he had a fight with? simone inzaghi,paul alcott, nigel winterburn, trapatonni etc... u have to give lamps the benefit of the doubt there...

as far as "being kind of egoistic when it comes to penalties" i do agree but is not that the point of taking penalties and being the no.1 penalty taker of the side. would u like to have some1 like robben who chickened out in a UCL final because he missed one during the match. he is one of the best penalty takers in the world for me and a little ego (self confidence and utter trust in his abilities is not a bad thing). :)

anyways i do agree that lamps should have let BA take the penalty as a good sign but this thing is being blown way way out of proportion..

Dan Levene: "(...)it still looks extremely unlikely at this stage that Lampard will be a Chelsea player next season"

http://sulia.com/channel/chelsea-fc/f/6e2bcbc3-94a2-4435-a85a-86bb85d2e031/?source=twitter

Dan is a smart guy, but his sources inside the club's management are limited. He is just analyzing like any other fan. I'd believe Neil Ashton more tbh.

The suggestion of him getting a statue is a good idea but it has to be him lifting a cup and naturally Bosingwa's got to be ruining it like every team photo/celebration when we won something while he was here :Goober:

lol, Tell me about it, every photo i have off us with the fa cup and champions league trophy as a team has the trophy whore in the centre of it...

Here's hint, everyone: Stop believing the crap in the papers. That'll save you a lot of headaches. No one knows the situation for sure, especially the numbers, except for Lamps, his agent and the club.

agree ..its the same as transfer speculation ,,,,best ignored until something is decided

If the club are not interested in keeping Frank for another season, I just want them to publicly announce that his contract will not be renewed, even if it means a huge backlash from fans in Stamford Bridge, I just want this media circus to die down (or at least as best as they possibly can, considering how every Chelsea article will probably make at least one small comment on how crazy Chelsea are).

I really enjoyed reading this:

An emotional Frank Lampard paid tribute to the Chelsea supporters after becoming the club's joint-second highest goalscorer during our 5-1 FA Cup third round win at Southampton.
The midfielder came off the bench midway through the second half at St Mary's and soon found the back of the net, scoring his 193rd Blues goal from the penalty spot to draw level with Kerry Dixon in the all-time list.
As he celebrated in front of our fans packed into the away end behind the goal, Lampard, who also became our joint-highest FA Cup goalscorer, alongside Bobby Tambling on 25, could be seen mouthing the words 'I love you' in their direction, which he explained after the game.
'They've supported me throughout my career here, particularly in recent weeks,' he acknowledged.
'The way they were with me today was the way they've been with me all the time and I just wanted to say thanks.
'That's our platform out on the pitch to say thanks, firstly by doing the business. They pay their money to come and watch, so it was nice to say it back to them.
'That's genuinely how I feel; this club's been amazing to me, and the club is the fans, so I can only thank them.
'I'm enjoying my football, I know there's a lot of talk going around, but I'm actually really enjoying playing and that's what it's all about really. There may be certain things going on in your head, but when I go out there and the fans supports me as they do, you can't help but get very emotional.'
In terms of the achievement itself, the midfielder was understandably delighted to equal Dixon's tally, and though there are plenty to choose from, when pressed on his most memorable goals in a Chelsea shirt, Lampard, perhaps unsurprisingly, plumped for a title-winning brace back in 2005.
'It means a lot, I've got so much respect for Kerry, he was a great player at the club and is still a personality around the place,' said the 34-year-old. 'He's actually a friend of mine, so to be able to get anywhere near him, and level with him, I'm very proud.
'I have to say Kerry's been one of the most important people at the club for me as an ex-player, and I've got nothing but thanks for helping me along the way to get level with him.
'Probably the goals that won us our first Premier League title against Bolton. They were huge for the club and obviously it was a massive team effort, so I don't want to take too much credit. On the day we needed to win the game and I managed to score two. My parents were at the game and it's certainly a moment I'll never forget.'
Having gone into the game against Nigel Adkins' side as holders of the FA Cup, our defence of the trophy got off to a poor start when Jay Rodriguez put the hosts in front after 21 minutes.
However, a debut goal from new signing Demba Ba brought us level, and after Victor Moses had given us the lead just before the break, we never looked in any serious danger.
With our place in the fourth round secure, Lampard was simply pleased to get back to winning ways after the disappointment of the home defeat to Queens Park Rangers.
'We'd been playing well and were on a bit of a run, but the QPR game wasn't up to our standards,' he said.
'We were probably a bit unfortunate not to score at some stage to make it a win, but it was important we didn't fall into a mini slump.
'The reaction of the team was good. Having gone 1-0 down, we worked hard and had the confidence to get back in the game and take a clear lead.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3032301/title/lampard-very-proud