Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I'll go for England in centerbacks, Spanish midfielders, and southamerican attackers (strikers and wingers)

They're the best in these positions.

English for CBs ? No.

Neither proactive nor acceleration and quick U-turn nor ball-playing skills. Does any English CB has one of these skills ? There are modern day defender requirements for you.

And bigger no for Southamerican attackers. Historically, yes, but not now. A couple of things for that :

a) they're generally very fragile mentality. They say that the ones that come from poverty and from the streets thanks to that are stronger. Which is untrue. You see Juan Cuadrado who has seen his father killing at the age of 5 but then you see on the pitch how Charlie Adam comes with the tackle and poor Juan are literally scared to death to try to dribble opponent until the end of the game. He's weak mentality. Same with Oscar, Willian or Ramires. They can't put a real stamp on the game, I don't see a bit of character in them.

Also they're not educated. Every one of our Brazilian can't even speak a proper English. They just seem stupid. Look Hazard or Zouma couldn't speak English but Hazard was on good level only after the year and Zouma learned in half a year after transfer to Chelsea to speak as good as he does now. While Ramires is 5 years at Chelsea and still falter when speaks. It means way more than particularly lack of learning skills. The little education that players which come from street have means they are generally stupid on the pitch too. Ramires was construction worker as a teenager and say to me that it doesn't have an influence in his play now ? Sure it does with all the stupidity, lack of thinking and lack of character from him. He has the moments when he looks absolutely gem with proper technique and if he was educated enough he would be maybe less stupid and more consistent.

b ) the current crop of players from South America are only pseudo high talented players. This generation is the best embodied by Douglas Costa and Willian. They both seem a wonderful players with all that flair and close control while the reality is different. They fool you with that technique. They can't create something if their life would depend on that. Sure, there're still Neymar and James who are wonderfully gifted and effective players but more of them was in the past, now it's more of Willians.

So I think it's the education problem. I read that that the football system of coaching in Brazil is dead and they're still high in buisness because of population and very high interest in football from the kids.

I much more prefer European players now, the proper educated ones from good system of coaching and education than the street-educated ones. From highly developed countries like Belgium, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Great Britain etc.

So I think I'd say like this :

a) Defenders from France

b ) Midfielders from Spain, Germany and Croatia

c) Attackers from Belgium, Germany, France, Spain

English for CBs ? No.

Neither proactive nor acceleration and quick U-turn nor ball-playing skills. Does any English CB has one of these skills ? There are modern day defender requirements for you.

And bigger no for Southamerican attackers. Historically, yes, but not now. A couple of things for that :

a) they're generally very fragile mentality. They say that the ones that come from poverty and from the streets thanks to that are stronger. Which is untrue. You see Juan Cuadrado who has seen his father killing at the age of 5 but then you see on the pitch how Charlie Adam comes with the tackle and poor Juan are literally scared to death to try to dribble opponent until the end of the game. He's weak mentality. Same with Oscar, Willian or Ramires. They can't put a real stamp on the game, I don't see a bit of character in them.

Also they're not educated. Every one of our Brazilian can't even speak a proper English. They just seem stupid. Look Hazard or Zouma couldn't speak English but Hazard was on good level only after the year and Zouma learned in half a year after transfer to Chelsea to speak as good as he does now. While Ramires is 5 years at Chelsea and still falter when speaks. It means way more than particularly lack of learning skills. The little education that players which come from street have means they are generally stupid on the pitch too. Ramires was construction worker as a teenager and say to me that it doesn't have an influence in his play now ? Sure it does with all the stupidity, lack of thinking and lack of character from him. He has the moments when he looks absolutely gem with proper technique and if he was educated enough he would be maybe less stupid and more consistent.

b ) the current crop of players from South America are only pseudo high talented players. This generation is the best embodied by Douglas Costa and Willian. They both seem a wonderful players with all that flair and close control while the reality is different. They fool you with that technique. They can't create something if their life would depend on that. Sure, there're still Neymar and James who are wonderfully gifted and effective players but more of them was in the past, now it's more of Willians.

So I think it's the education problem. I read that that the football system of coaching in Brazil is dead and they're still high in buisness because of population and very high interest in football from the kids.

I much more prefer European players now, the proper educated ones from good system of coaching and education than the street-educated ones. From highly developed countries like Belgium, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Great Britain etc.

So I think I'd say like this :

a) Defenders from France

b ) Midfielders from Spain, Germany and Croatia

c) Attackers from Belgium, Germany, France, Spain

I wrote english centerbacks because we must have English players in our team, so only positions they can fill without reducing the quality of the team is in defence.

The best attacking players in the world are southamericans not Brazilians per say. Let me refresh your memory: messi, Suarez, aguero, tevez, Neymar, costa.

Even ronaldo is originally a brazilian before Portuguese. In fact, the last ballon'd'or awards since 2000 have all been southamericans except cannavaro and Owen(c ronaldo is originally brazilian)

We just happened to get the worst generation of Brazilians at this time.

The best attacking players in the world are southamericans not Brazilians per say. Let me refresh your memory: messi, Suarez, aguero, tevez, Neymar, costa.

Yes, but they're significant exceptions from the rule now. I thought the question on which country Chelsea should generally focus on and for me not Southamerican countries, because the standard is lower than it was in the past.

You see how much hype was around Neymar and James when they were only 15. Because they're rarity these days. Of course, when you have a hundreds of millions population with huge interest in football from almost all the kids, then you have to have some rarity but my point is that general focus should be on developed countries like Germany, France, Belgium, Spain. It's very difficult to find this exception from pool of thousand of players especially when you also have many players that look potentially as stars but are only pseudo high talented like Piazon, Willian, Douglas Costa and the list goes on. I mean, you have bigger possibility to buy very-good-looking-at-first-not-so-much-of-the-quality-though-player from Southamerica that from European countries.

I wrote english centerbacks because we must have English players in our team, so only positions they can fill without reducing the quality of the team is in defence.

Even ronaldo is originally a brazilian before Portuguese. In fact, the last ballon'd'or awards since 2000 have all been southamericans except cannavaro and Owen(c ronaldo is originally brazilian)

We just happened to get the worst generation of Brazilians at this time.

Cristiano Ronaldo is originally Brazilian? When did this happen? Born in Portugal, son of Portugese parents...

I really, really hope Chelsea scouts were present at the Barcelona - Valencia game to watch Gomes and Otamendi. Otamendi in particular producing a gargantuan performance. Oh man, he was so good. He's exactly the kind of defender this team needs.

It was a wonderful game btw. 2-0 is a bit harsh on Valencia, it was a very tight game.

I really, really hope Chelsea scouts were present at the Barcelona - Valencia game to watch Gomes and Otamendi. Otamendi in particular producing a gargantuan performance. Oh man, he was so good. He's exactly the kind of defender this team needs.

It was a wonderful game btw. 2-0 is a bit harsh on Valencia, it was a very tight game.

I wouldnt say tight, Valencia should have lead 2-0 at least in the first half, they pressed so well and Barcelona paid for starting with Mascherano-Busquets-Xavi in midfield, they couldnt keep the game calm. 2nd half Valencia didnt have the same energy and Rakitic got in.... Valencia are great, its a shame they missed so many chances, that could cost them for the 4th place.

Otamendi? they woudlnt sale, they have the money there, he would maybe go for 50m euros imo.

He was so, so good. Reminding me of Lucio from Mourinho team, literally the only defender that Messi can't beat with dribbling, stands still and waits for the right moment. Also that was his second monstrous performance against Barcelona this season. He thrives in the big games ...

But that ship has sailed I think. He was on the market and cheap. Porto wanted to get rid of him, there's a reason why he only costed like 12m€ instead of something in 30m€ region, mind.

Now Valencia can want over 40m€ for him and doubt that Chelsea would be interested in that.

I wouldnt say tight, Valencia should have lead 2-0 at least in the first half, they pressed so well and Barcelona paid for starting with Mascherano-Busquets-Xavi in midfield, they couldnt keep the game calm. 2nd half Valencia didnt have the same energy and Rakitic got in.... Valencia are great, its a shame they missed so many chances, that could cost them for the 4th place.

Otamendi? they woudlnt sale, they have the money there, he would maybe go for 50m euros imo.

I disagree. 2-0? Why cancel Barca's goal? They should have scored in the first half, they created plenty of chances. But they were on the backfoot for the entire second half. It was a matter of waiting for a 2nd goal for Barca. Of course, if they scored in the first half, we would've seen a different match. Deserved win for Barca in the end, though 2-1 would've reflected the match better. I'm sure Valencia will finish in the top 4 though.

They have a rich owner but they still have plenty of debts if I'm not mistaken. 50 mil is excessive. I think they'd sell for something in the region of 30-35 mil, they bought him for 12 mil. They can get a replacement. I'm not saying I'm sure of it but if Otamendi would want to join, I think it could happen.

He was so, so good. Reminding me of Lucio from Mourinho team, literally the only defender that Messi can't beat with dribbling, stands still and waits for the right moment. Also that was his second monstrous performance against Barcelona this season. He thrives in the big games ...

But that ship has sailed I think. He was on the market and cheap. Porto wanted to get rid of him, there's a reason why he only costed like 12m€ instead of something in 30m€ region, mind.

Now Valencia can want over 40m€ for him and doubt that Chelsea would be interested in that.

I'm on the same boat with some of you guys worried about Cuadrado at the moment. Willian will stay next season. We need to buy another winger, Alexis or Reus or Griezmann, anyone between those 3 will make me happy.

I can't see Oscar leaving next summer, unless some mega money club offer 40-50 millions for him, which is very unlikely either. But agree we need to buy one more MC or AMC. Isco or Koke or Pogba, anyone between those 3 will make me happy.

Sadly we will say goodbye to Drogba it seems. Hopefully Bamford could be there, but I will be not that upset if he is loaned to Boro one more season if they promoted to PL. No need to rush a thing. We will then need to buy another 'oldies but goodies' striker. Ibra or.... who else? lol

Cahill has back to his best, Zouma the beast, Terry and another young CB is good enough for me.

I'm on the same boat with some of you guys worried about Cuadrado at the moment. Willian will stay next season. We need to buy another winger, Alexis or Reus or Griezmann, anyone between those 3 will make me happy.

I can't see Oscar leaving next summer, unless some mega money club offer 40-50 millions for him, which is very unlikely either. But agree we need to buy one more MC or AMC. Isco or Koke or Pogba, anyone between those 3 will make me happy.

Sadly we will say goodbye to Drogba it seems. Hopefully Bamford could be there, but I will be that upset if he is loaned to Boro one more season if they promoted to PL. No need to rush a thing. We will then need to buy another 'oldies but goodies' striker. Ibra or.... who else? lol

Cahill has back to his best, Zouma the beast, Terry and another young CB is good enough for me.

Recall kalas for cb. And get koke and sterling.

I really, really want to break Valencia fans hearts and sign Alcacer. I'm sure that if he signed for a mid table team like Liverpool (a perfect fit for both club and player IMO) we'd all cry out to sign him the following season after seeing him score game after game. Of course here, he'd be back up for Costa, but maybe he'd accept that, considering he won't be winning trophies (major ones anyway) any time soon with Valencia.

They have a great squad in general this season that i'd love to raid. Perez is a hot head that gets a yellow card every match that he plays but i'd love him too.

Parejo would be a brilliant alternative to Fabregas & Gaya is the next big left back (if we were to lose Luis). *sighs lustfully*

I won't even touch on Otamendi, everyone knows how good he is.