Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

If Luiz is going to be turned into a DM/CM than we still possibly need 2 signings (apart from CF). We would have to buy a CB: We probably won't go for the likes of Hummels or Subotic in January, so I guess Okore would have to do.

In January we should recall Essien. If we don't we would still need to buy a DM as even with Luiz there now, we're still only back where we started since Romeu is gone.

If Luiz is going to be turned into a DM/CM than we still possibly need 2 signings (apart from CF). We would have to buy a CB: We probably won't go for the likes of Hummels or Subotic in January, so I guess Okore would have to do.

In January we should recall Essien. If we don't we would still need to buy a DM as even with Luiz there now, we're still only back where we started since Romeu is gone.

Why do we "have" to buy a CB in January? Luiz, Ivan and Cahill can handle it until JT will be back. We dont need 5 options.

Our next CB should be the one who will replace JT in the future, it could be Hummels, Yanga-Mbiwa, Subotic... it could happen in the summer, but than i think we should sell Cahill.

We do have to get a DM.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="nadavTKL" data-cid="562289" data-time="1355530454"><p>

Why do we "have" to buy a CB in January? Luiz, Ivan and Cahill can handle it until JT will be back. We dont need 5 options.<br />

Our next CB should be the one who will replace JT in the future, it could be Hummels, Yanga-Mbiwa, Subotic... it could happen in the summer, but than i think we should sell Cahill.<br />

<br />

We do have to get a DM.</p></blockquote>

If Luiz becomes a DM he shouldn't have to be a CB anymore. Rather a DM who can play there.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="nadavTKL" data-cid="562289" data-time="1355530454"><p>

Why do we "have" to buy a CB in January? Luiz, Ivan and Cahill can handle it until JT will be back. We dont need 5 options.<br />

Our next CB should be the one who will replace JT in the future, it could be Hummels, Yanga-Mbiwa, Subotic... it could happen in the summer, but than i think we should sell Cahill.<br />

<br />

We do have to get a DM.</p></blockquote>

If Luiz becomes a DM he shouldn't have to be a CB anymore. Rather a DM who can play there.

But what's wrong with playing as a CB in one game and as a DM in a different game?

What about Lars and/or Sven Bender? Any word of them moving in January? They're both DM right?

I think we need two new DMs in all honesty and if we sign them both, we could have a pair of Benders...

I'll get my coat.

What about Lars and/or Sven Bender? Any word of them moving in January? They're both DM right?

I think we need two new DMs in all honesty and if we sign them both, we could have a pair of Benders...

I'll get my coat.

I wouldn't mind either to be honest. They're both great DMs with great anticipation, who are great at sitting in front of the back four all day long, intercepting passes and making tackles and then move the ball on to a more creative players. Keeping things simple.

I'll get my coat.

again tied down to contracts. cant see them moving in january on the cheap

enough with the Falcao, de Rossi etc. Impossible especially in January. they are tied to the club till 2016-17 and will only leave if we overpay significantly (like torres or luiz)

realistically, our options in January

- Strikers - Wilfried Bony, Darren Bent, Fernando Llorente, Mauro Zarate, Demba Ba, Klaas Jan Huntelaar, Theo Walcott, Robert Lewandowski,

- Mids - Joao Moutinho, Lewis Holtby, Mathieu Flamini, Moussa Sissoko, Fernandinho, Ettiene Capoue, Kevin-Prince Boateng

and for replacement for JT in the summer

- Defenders - Benedikt Howedes, Neven Subotic, Holger Badstuber, Serdar Tasci, Simon Kjaer

Spikinho mentioned Xabi Alonso and David Villa - both having less than 2 years left on their contracts. might be possible

edit: apart from all this, we have internal options in Essien, de Bruyne, Lukaku, Jeffrey Bruma, McEachran, Chalobah .....

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Corner" data-cid="562296" data-time="1355531232"><p>

But what's wrong with playing as a CB in one game and as a DM in a different game?</p></blockquote>

Double the workload. He'd be a fill in for 2 players rather than one. Just makes more sense that if we convert a CB, we obviously lose a CB thus must get one.

Dortmund wont sell one of their most important players in january.

weird. i didn't get a notification for this..

anyway, true, lewandowski is a no-go for january. but his contract expires in 2014. this summer, he'll be an on the move. has indicated that he wants to run down his contract. think dortmund will look to sell this summer than lose him for nothin in 2014

weird. i didn't get a notification for this..

anyway, true, lewandowski is a no-go for january. but his contract expires in 2014. this summer, he'll be an on the move. has indicated that he wants to run down his contract. think dortmund will look to sell this summer than lose him for nothin in 2014

Yeah i think lewandowski is a very good and realistic target for the summer plus he wont cost a fortune.