Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

7 hours ago, DDA said:

Fair play to him, I say. He will be remembered as Tottenham legend by their fans. He will never be forgotten. They will be speaking of him until the end of time, like we do Osgood, although Osgood played for The Saints he is still a club legend.. Kane is sealing his immortality among those who wear that dogshit badge. Sometimes and only in cases such ad Gerrards and Kanes, that playing for 1 club association can feel more rewarding than playing for different clubs and picking up endless trophies. 

Le Tissier mate. That's who I think of when you say southampton legends.

15 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So when this bloke retires and has won fuck all to his name I hope fans of the sport do in fact hold that against them. 

You seal your own fate by doing these contracts and its the very reason why Gerrard rightly deserves to be less thought of in the Prem compared to Lampard, Vieira, etc. 

Van Persie went to United and won the league but in doing so, he's neither celebrated at United fondly (there are a long list of star strikers better than him there who built bigger legacies) nor at Arsenal since he left them for a rival.

Just now, DDA said:

That's a great deal for them. Conte at the helm... scary prospect if he is indeed backed. 

True. I wonder if this means Ryan Sessegnon is available. They had Reguilon and Sessegnon for the left sided role. Plus there's Davies as a backup

1 hour ago, Strike said:

True. I wonder if this means Ryan Sessegnon is available. They had Reguilon and Sessegnon for the left sided role. Plus there's Davies as a backup

Wouldn't want him. He's average.

4 hours ago, Blues Forever said:

Son turns 30yo in a few weeks (July 8th)

he is only 3 weeks younger than Salah (June 15th)

why would Pool want to have (and they would have to dump out at LEAST £80m to prise away Son)

Mane (31yo this coming season)

Firmino (31yo in 4 months)

and then the two who turn 31 right after next season ends (Salah and Son)

as 4 of their top 6 six attackers?

makes no sense

Firmino is already in big decline

Mane is showing the very beginnings of cracks of age (I know many will call me an idiot, but I can see it, I think he has only 1, or maybe, maybe two (MAX) big years left)

Salah will not last forever, and he already started to slump the 2nd half. he is BY far the most reliant of all 4 on a huge explosive burst

Son looks to be in prime, but how long will he last at that level? Is 2 more (MAYBE 3) peak years worth £80m, 90m?

In terms of wingers, other than Messi and the sorta winger CR7 (who both are now finally in massive decline)

what WC wingers are out there who are 31,32, 33 or older?

Ángel Di María has hit the wall

Hazard went to shit at 30yo

Neymar at 30yo is in decline

Lorenzo Insigne tailed off as soon as he hit 30yo

The only one you can make a case for is Riyad Mahrez (who barely qualifies age-wise), and he was 30yo for over half the season, and he tailed off the 2nd half. 2/3rds of his 24 goals came before he turned 31yo in February

There are only 6 wingers atm valued at £20m or more on T-Markt who are 30yo or older, and one of them is Messi, and the other was 30yo 3 and half moths ago (Mahrez)

The others are all 30yo on the nose

1240a56f2f930f0a7acf4b84554219fc.png1c592e79d5b62e5100786e7450e1706f.png

Edited by Vesper