Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Mikel played as a Attacking Midfielder during the 2005 Youth World Cup. He won the Silver Ball, with Lionel Messi winning the Golden Ball.

Mikel should be converted to an AM because he played as one over seven years ago. He'd probably be the second best in the world too, it's only logical.

Hitherto we should play Mikel at AM and buy Fellaini and play him at DM.

According to Barcastuff on Twitter, we're preparing a 37m (No idea what currency it's in) bid for Busquets after scouting him last week.

He rarely posts anything unless he's very confident there's some truth to it.

How about we get Busquets and we give them Romeu back? Nice little deal.

This could be true. As much as I would love for us to buy him, I really can't imagine Barca selling Busquets. He's way too vital to the way they play, and Song still hasn't exactly settled in there yet.

Apparently Daniele De Rossi is closing in on a move to Man City... if its true, why did we let this happen?

What fuckwits are planning our January recruitment... seriously we need a CM/DM and looks more than likely he'll leave Roma ... so why isn't he top of the fucking list?

Imagine City playing Toure and De Rossi in the double pivot, would be a lethal combination, they could have one hell of a midfield..

----Toure--De Rossi----

-----------------------------

-Silva---Aguero---Nasri-

-----------------------------

-----------Tevez----------

http://www.talksport...ity-deal-186916

Mikel played as a Attacking Midfielder during the 2005 Youth World Cup. He won the Silver Ball, with Lionel Messi winning the Golden Ball.

Mikel should be converted to an AM because he played as one over seven years ago. He'd probably be the second best in the world too, it's only logical.

Hitherto we should play Mikel at AM and buy Fellaini and play him at DM.

PLEASE NOOO

Maybe Roman is reading... :ph34r:

Apparently Daniele De Rossi is closing in on a move to Man City... if its true, why did we let this happen?

What fuckwits are planning our January recruitment... seriously we need a CM/DM and looks more than likely he'll leave Roma ... so why isn't he top of the fucking list?

Imagine City playing Toure and De Rossi in the double pivot, would be a lethal combination, they would have one hell of a midfield..

Toure - De Rossi

Silva - Aguero - Nasri

Tevez

http://www.talksport...ity-deal-186916

He would probably cost us +30 million. No way would I like to see us splashing out that amount of money on a defensive midfielder.

City and Chelsea have different philosophies when it comes to transfers. City seem to buy players already in their prime and Chelsea seem to be more focused on youth. There's no point in spending A LOT of money on players in January because whichever manager takes over in the summer, he might not want those players. I would also bet that Roman and the board are looking at players that Guardiola would probably want in his team.

And buying a player just so another club won't be able to is a ridiculous notion.

Imagine City playing Toure and De Rossi in the double pivot, would be a lethal combination, they could have one hell of a midfield..

Mate, Mancini is trying to get De Rossi since 2010. That is 2 fucking years, I bet he will go in the same terms Toure left Barça (cheap transaction but huge wages).

He is a beast, but not worth the fight while Mancity is on our way (+ he is 29).

Mate, Mancini is trying to get De Rossi since 2010. That is 2 fucking years, I bet he will go in the same terms Toure left Barça (cheap transaction but huge wages).

He is a beast, but not worth the fight while Mancity is on our way (+ he is 29).

I'm sure Roma said they turned down a 50 million bid for De Rossi down from us.. surely we must have a long standing interest too! 29 or not I'd have him still, quality player. Always liked him since the WC in 2006 :D

Touré cost around £25 million...Not that cheap...

I'm sure Roma said they turned down a 50 million bid for De Rossi down from us.. surely we must have a long standing interest too! 29 or not I'd have him still, quality player. Always liked him since the WC in 2006 :D

I know, but I feel unconfortable with 200k/week players...

We can get someone exceptional for half the money.

Touré cost around £25 million...Not that cheap...

Yeah, although it depends with what you compare.

Torres went for 50mi, Ibra for 44mi + Eto`o, Kaka for 56mi, etc...

Seriously, just fuck off. "Try watching some football?" Go back to wherever you were before you polluted this forum. The lowest form of argument to pretend that people who disagree with you don't know anything. Some of the best posters on this board, many of the members of the month don't think Fellaini would be a good fit at Chelsea. We're all a bunch of idiots though, right because only you can see the true value of a player. Only you can understand how football works. Everyone else, must bow down before your superior knowledge. I have addressed every point you've made. Fellaini is not a defensive midfielder, even when he played defensive midfielder years ago, he went forward much more than defensive midfielders normally do (or generally should), he is vastly superior in a central or attacking role, he is deeply flawed as a defensive player, and he's be insanely expensive for a defensive midfielder. nobody sane would buy Fellaini to move him to a position he was worse at, and your only retort is "watch some football", "you're lying", and other insults. You clearly have no idea what a defensive midfielder is supposed to do and what makes a top defensive midfielder and if you missed Fellaini's poor positioning and stupid tackles, you also clearly are incapable of seeing and understanding basic roles in football. Maybe your football manager game says Fellaini-DM so you're confused.

Wow, the toys really came out of the pram with that one.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with your assessment of Fellaini and I don't really care if 'members of the month' disagree with me too. To be quite honest, I don't think it's that big of an award in the real world (but congrats on having won it :yay: ).

I actually don't play FM anymore either as it's too much of a time sink.

The thing is I've been watching football all my life. There are people on here who clearly didn't know Fellaini was a DM just a couple of years ago and has recently restated his desire to go back to that position. In my assessment having watched him play that position and seen him play in person a number of times, and also having spoken to Everton fans and people actually involved in the game, I think he could be a world-class DM and has the positional sense, passing ability and has that innate sense of where the ball is going. It's hard to explain that last point to someone who doesn't understand the DM position properly, but it's very important in my mind and it's one of the reasons he's also so impactful in attack.

There's no need to cry about it though. Tell you what, if you ever actually make it to a football match at the Bridge I'll buy you a drink to say sorry for hurting your feelings. :yay:

@The only place to be, I like you and I dont want you to go.

BUUUUT, @TorontoChelsea is completely right about Fellaini and it is pretty low to assume the othe member knows nothing.

One should never do that!

I can only make assumptions on the evidence in front of me.

1. I do think we could be very good with "passing game", that also build on fast transitions from defense to attack and pressure. I think we could do that with a midfield of Moutinho and Oscar beside the CDM, and Hazard, Mata and a striker uprfront. I think it could work with the right manager. And it doesnt have to be one-dimensional, it depends on the players you have. With fast players in midfield which we will have with the players i've mentioned, explosive striker (like Falcao or Cavani) this side can play fast, with width. btw you are talking like Barca dont have width at all, they do play it alot, familiar with Dani Alves?

2. About width in our current team- you answerd yourself. If we want to play this way we do have Hazard who offers width, he did it very good at Lille and in the last few games he does it more for Chelsea, and we have Moses who play regulary under Benitez so far. With those two players in the line up i dont think we lack width. What we do still need is someone to organize the game, and i would like to see Oscar in the position he played today. Yes Oscar still look a bit soft to play this role, but with more hard work from Mata, Hazard and Moses (and it depends on the manager orders only), it could work better then Ramires and Mikel.

I said barca is special case, as they have both cams and wingers and can play wide too.

I agree with you bout 4:3:3 with Moutinho, it could work, but

1.) We need manager that can do that

2.) Mikel wont be good enough to play alone in DM, unfortunely. We need Essien type then.

3.) To play possession football is hardest thing to work in football. There must be no egos, complains,...Players must work as team, everyone needs to be attacker and defender at same time. Communication is extremely important and all players in field must know their exact role. As for 'bonus', there must be some plan B (for example if we buy powerful outside penalty shooter that would cause danger with long shots).

---

In that style, we would then need powerful striker (ala Cavani), Moutinho, Explosive allround/B2B DM with nice passing and no nonsense play, eventualy CB that would replace Terry.

One more thing, possession football is something that develops for years, we could reach our peak in 2/3 years from now, we will need to be very patient.

Barca would never sell busquets.

Part of this story seems to be about him wanting more money, but if Guardiola did decide to become our manager then I could see this transfer going from 'improbable' to 'possible'. He's arguably the best in the world at what he does and the most available of that Barca midfield. Plus he's still young in football terms, and very young in terms of the position he plays and it would also be a case of weakening a competitor.

To have him as part of the spine of our team would be a massive coup.

Barca would never sell busquets.

why not? they would if they have high hopes for Thiago and Jonathan Dos Santos. Plus they have Song, Mascherano and Fabregas and those two other guys Xavi and Iniesta i think there called. For £30 mil for a player in a position where they have ridiculous amounts of talent i think they would be willing to sell him if Busquets wants to leave.

If they sell him to us they would still have the best Midfield in the world + £30 mil to strengthen that midfield further if they want.