Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Couldn't of put it better, We need an experienced players, Who will make an impact straight away!

I second that. Also, after what happened yesterday, no more players under 6ft or who a bit look a bit malnourished.

I want a big, scary midfielder to win the ball for the little guys and a forward who'll actually strike some fear into the opposing defenders!

CAN WE STOP APROACHING 20 YEARS OLD?

We already have enough youth talent in our Academy and in our Squad. We need players in their prime who will drastically improve our team right now, not 4 years later...

Part of me finds it funny that we were moaning about not having enough youth in our 'ageing squad' a couple of seasons back, and now we're saying we've got enough (which we don't).

The truth is it isn't an either/or situation. We need to focus on both.

Rafa reckons there could be incomings - cheeky bid for Gerrard?!

Chelsea interim manager Rafael Benitez has met with the board to discuss January transfer plans.

There has been speculation that Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole could be leaving the club next month but discussions were more about players to bring into the club.

“We didn’t talk about any players going,” he said.

“The board were asking me about players coming but not about any players leaving.”

http://www.london24....sfers_1_1727799

Looking at the current "attacking" side of the midfield, Moses, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Marin and Piazon, where will Kevin DeBruyne and Josh McEachran fit in? Will the two of them be sold? Piazon could be loaned for more action and Marin may end up back in Germany. But if Chelsea are going to bring in another striker funds need to be raised. Some loanees out there could be sold like Kakuta, Lalkovic, Van Aanholt, Gordon, Davila, Clifford, etc.

I would like to see a big sort of old fashioned English centre forward (he doesn't have to be English so get off your high horses...) It has worked for us in the past from Osgood through to Sparky and to other extents Flo, JFH and Drogba. I think we get too caught up in the flair and reputation when a big up front player who puts defenders and ball in the net works - like Hately (or his dad ) used to.

Defender wise -same thing, let them know they've been in a game and will need liniment on their legs instead of mosturiser. Midfield - nothing fancy - just something you can rely on for holding the ball and accurate passing - Makele, Wise types. Any flair has to come with a Zolaesque commitment and readiness.

Bring the old Chelsea - good, hard, reliable in terms of effort and commitment. It is out there, it's not me harking back to old times - these players will exist.

there are plenty: Pepe, Ramos, Pique, Puyol, Terry, Luiz (I find him to be great when his mind is right), Vermaelen, Boateng, Badstuber, Vidic, Thiago Silva, Hummels, Kompany, Chiellini, Rami, Alex (shame we sold him), Subotic, Lescott

Unavailable: Pepe, Pique, Thiago silva, Kompany and Chiellini

Wouldnt come: Ramos, Pyoul, Vidic, Alex and Rami

Arent Good: Luiz, Vermaelen, Boateng and Lescott

Looking at the current "attacking" side of the midfield, Moses, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Marin and Piazon, where will Kevin DeBruyne and Josh McEachran fit in? Will the two of them be sold? Piazon could be loaned for more action and Marin may end up back in Germany. But if Chelsea are going to bring in another striker funds need to be raised. Some loanees out there could be sold like Kakuta, Lalkovic, Van Aanholt, Gordon, Davila, Clifford, etc.

Both could play in the double-pivot, Don't see why they couldn't adapt. They're both young, and given the time and training in that position. They both could be great.

After thinking it through a bit, I would like us to now purchase Fellaini to 1. Challenge our trinity 2. Provide options in the pivot if necessary. 3. Provide us a different option when going forward (aerial threat) 4. Add more steel in the team.

I was against this transfer before because people wanted to see him in the pivot which I don't think he's good enough for, but I can see him playing as an AM or SS effectively for us when needed. It all depends whether we want to stick with this supposed new philosophy the club is trying to create or not. If the aforementioned is the case then obviously his purchase would be going in the wrong direction for obvious reasons but I personally think we should have a varied style of play... If Fellaini would come in for anything under £25m (unlikely) I think it might just be a decent investment. He'd also be good if we switched to a 4-3-3 - e.g. Have a Mikel - Ramires - Fellaini midfield to physically dominate in the middle or have an Oscar - Fellaini - Mikel midfield for a more balanced approach - adding KDB, Lamps and McEachran in that we'd have plenty of options and combinations.

Another purchase I would absolutely love is us signing Cavani. The guy is talented enough to play in any system, he's that good... It's pretty self explanatory why he'd be a better signing than Falcao as he offers a lot more to the team in build up play - whether you're knocking it up the pitch or playing on the break or aiming to keep possession - he's that athletic and technically sound. At 6 ft. 2 he's no pushover either.

In the summer if we managed to bring in Cavani, Fellaini (for reasons stated above), bring back in McEachran and De Bruyne and let them challenge for the pivot... Sell Fernando - bring back in Lukaku and let him and Sturridge provide good back up to Cavani; I'd view this as a great summer. We add physicality and talent going forward with Fellaini and Cavani (and Lukaku) whilst adding technically to our pivot by bringing back in KDB and Josh.

If we could get Fellaini then that would be a massive upgrade on the DM position

What are you exactly basing this on? Because he's been good as a SS for Everton? Doesn't mean he's an upgrade on Mikel in DM... Doesn't correlate at all. It isn't his best position - he hasn't been playing well and scoring from a DM position, so why do people compare? He came to the UK as a DM but has redeveloped his game massively since.

After thinking it through a bit, I would like us to now purchase Fellaini to 1. Challenge our trinity 2. Provide options in the pivot if necessary. 3. Provide us a different option when going forward (aerial threat) 4. Add more steel in the team.

I was against this transfer before because people wanted to see him in the pivot which I don't think he's good enough for, but I can see him playing as an AM or SS effectively for us when needed. It all depends whether we want to stick with this supposed new philosophy the club is trying to create or not. If the aforementioned is the case then obviously his purchase would be going in the wrong direction for obvious reasons but I personally think we should have a varied style of play... If Fellaini would come in for anything under £25m (unlikely) I think it might just be a decent investment. He'd also be good if we switched to a 4-3-3 - e.g. Have a Mikel - Ramires - Fellaini midfield to physically dominate in the middle or have an Oscar - Fellaini - Mikel midfield for a more balanced approach - adding KDB, Lamps and McEachran in that we'd have plenty of options and combinations.

Another purchase I would absolutely love is us signing Cavani. The guy is talented enough to play in any system, he's that good... It's pretty self explanatory why he'd be a better signing than Falcao as he offers a lot more to the team in build up play - whether you're knocking it up the pitch or playing on the break or aiming to keep possession - he's that athletic and technically sound. At 6 ft. 2 he's no pushover either.

In the summer if we managed to bring in Cavani, Fellaini (for reasons stated above), bring back in McEachran and De Bruyne and let them challenge for the pivot... Sell Fernando - bring back in Lukaku and let him and Sturridge provide good back up to Cavani; I'd view this as a great summer. We add physicality and talent going forward with Fellaini and Cavani (and Lukaku) whilst adding technically to our pivot by bringing back in KDB and Josh.

I dont think Fellaini is close to what we need. He does not fit our playing style at all and he would only make things difficult to Oscar and KDB.

Cavani, well, he is perfect. The only problem I see is that Roman cant stand a strikeless team anymore and Cavani wont move before the summer. If Abramovich really makes a move in January (Falcao, Lewandoski, etc), our hopes of signing him diminishes to almost nothing.

MY DREAM TEAM FOR NEXT YEAR:

GK: Cech, Courtois, Turnbull

RB: Azi, Iva

CB: JT, X, Cahill, Iva, Chabollah

LB: Baines, Bertrand

DM: Mikel, Luiz, Romeu, Chabollah

CM: Oscar, KDB, Ramires

AM: Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Marin

W: Hazard, Moses, Marin, Piazon

CF: Piazon, Jovetic

ST: Cavani, Lukaku

OBS: I would love someone for the pivot role (De Rossi, Vidal, Busquets, etc). I just think we need to test some of our own players first (Oscar, KDB, Luiz, Chabollah, etc).

OBS2: We would be leaving some spaces for our youngsters and we would also aquire some leadership (X, Baines and Cavani).

OBS3: It isnt the best possible squad, but it does have balance and quality. A great manager can easily turn this into a good team!

I dont think Fellaini is close to what we need. He does not fit our playing style at all and he would only make things difficult to Oscar and KDB.

Cavani, well, he is perfect. The only problem I see is that Roman cant stand a strikeless team anymore and Cavani wont move before the summer. If Abramovich really makes a move in January (Falcao, Lewandoski, etc), our hopes of signing him diminishes to almost nothing.

MY DREAM TEAM FOR NEXT YEAR:

GK: Cech, Courtois, Turnbull

RB: Azi, Iva

CB: JT, X, Cahill, Iva, Chabollah

LB: Baines, Bertrand

DM: Mikel, Luiz, Romeu, Chabollah

CM: Oscar, KDB, Ramires

AM: Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Marin

W: Hazard, Moses, Marin, Piazon

CF: Piazon, Jovetic

ST: Cavani, Lukaku

What do you suppose the difference between a Centre Foward and a Striker is? Surely you are not using the FIFA videogames terminology?

What do you suppose the difference between a Centre Foward and a Striker is? Surely you are not using the FIFA videogames terminology?

LOL

No, it is not FIFA terminology (well, it also is).

Well, in Portuguese there are two positions for an attacking player: "atacante" (CF) and "centroavante" (ST). We usually differentiate them by saying the first isnt a static inside the box player (like a second striker) and usually participates more in the build up and the second is a poacher. Since I am not a native speaker, it might not exist in English. Then, I am sorry!

I would like to see a big sort of old fashioned English centre forward (he doesn't have to be English so get off your high horses...) It has worked for us in the past from Osgood through to Sparky and to other extents Flo, JFH and Drogba. I think we get too caught up in the flair and reputation when a big up front player who puts defenders and ball in the net works - like Hately (or his dad ) used to.

Defender wise -same thing, let them know they've been in a game and will need liniment on their legs instead of mosturiser. Midfield - nothing fancy - just something you can rely on for holding the ball and accurate passing - Makele, Wise types. Any flair has to come with a Zolaesque commitment and readiness.

Bring the old Chelsea - good, hard, reliable in terms of effort and commitment. It is out there, it's not me harking back to old times - these players will exist.

honestly we need more players that love chelsea and put in 100% effort in our matches(terry, lamps, cole, drogba, mata) sometimes hardwork can be better than skill