Blues Forever 1,232 Posted May 25, 2022 Share Posted May 25, 2022 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Strike 7,509 Posted May 25, 2022 Share Posted May 25, 2022 (edited) Villa are making serious moves. Kamara on a free was a coup Edited May 25, 2022 by Strike Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blues Forever 1,232 Posted May 25, 2022 Share Posted May 25, 2022 Vesper 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blues Forever 1,232 Posted May 25, 2022 Share Posted May 25, 2022 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blues Forever 1,232 Posted May 25, 2022 Share Posted May 25, 2022 Ajax and Bayern have reached an agreement for the transfer of Ryan Gravenberch. Bayern will pay Ajax €19m + €5.5m add-ons, in addition to a 7.5% sell-on clause. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blues Forever 1,232 Posted May 25, 2022 Share Posted May 25, 2022 (edited) Daniel Levy has always insisted Tottenham would invest in the squad once the club’s major infrastructure projects were complete — and yesterday the chairman offered a clear indication that he will be true to his word. In a potentially crucial juncture in Spurs’ history, the club announced a capital increase of up to £150million from majority shareholder ENIC, marking a departure from the way Levy has run the club since 2001. In effect, Spurs have issued £150m worth of new shares, which ENIC will buy, and its overall stake in the club could increase from 85.6 per cent to around 87.5 per cent. There is zero cost to Spurs and no additional debt for the club, with sources saying the move is designed to “support sporting ambition”. Levy has previously run the club on a strict profit and loss basis, with no financial backing from Joe Lewis, the billionaire owner of ENIC. The club says the equity will allow further investment “on and off the pitch”, and it is understood the majority will be available to head coach Antonio Conte to build a squad capable of challenging on four fronts next season. Under Levy’s chairmanship, Spurs have been transformed from mid-table mediocrity to consistent European challengers and one of the wealthiest clubs in Europe, but along the way they have squandered opportunities to progress on the pitch - notably in 2012 and summer 2018. In acting now, Levy, who is said to be the driving force behind the move, has signalled that he is determined not to let another crucial moment pass by. It is not hard to understand why the club has chosen to act now. Conte’s future remains uncertain and he is due to meet Levy and Fabio Paratici, the club’s managing director, at the end of this week, seeking guarantees over investment. The Italian is thought to want up to six new signings and has publicly demanded the club spends “big money” on “important players”. Levy and Paratici will now be in a position to make these assurances, and with Champions League football secured, a stadium and training ground to match any club in the world and the makings of an excellent squad, it is hard to know what more Conte could reasonably demand. There is also a recognition from within the club that the wider circumstances of the Premier League present an opportunity this summer. Chelsea and Manchester United are both facing rebuilds under a new owner and head coach, respectively, while a Saudi Arabia-backed Newcastle threaten to gatecrash the ‘big six’. Arsenal are also planning another summer of spending. This summer will be a seller’s market, and with the boost of a return to the Champions League and the windfall from ENIC, Spurs should have a sporting and financial edge over many of their rivals in competing for players. Further, the introduction of five substitutes is likely to give an advantage to the biggest and best squads. Spurs are also conscious that their two established superstars, Harry Kane and Heung-min Son, will turn 29 and 30, respectively, in July, making now the time to capitalise on their quality. Conte will also be given money from sales, and the cushion of a summer transfer war-chest means Paratici can continue to be ruthless in offloading unwanted players. Conte would like a new centre-half, with Inter Milan’s Andrea Bastoni a target, as well as a new pair of wing-backs, a ball-playing midfielder and a forward. He admires Christian Eriksen, although the Dane’s historic health problems would make any deal complicated. On a more cautious note, Spurs still have enormous debts relating to their £1.2billion stadium to pay off, and the club is continuing to pursue infrastructure projects around the ground. There are also payments still to make on Sergio Reguilon, Cristian Romero, Rodrigo Bentancur and Dejan Kulusevski. A £150m injection will not transform them into a Manchester City, nonetheless Spurs have surely shown the “ambition” demanded by their head coach, as they aim to ensure that this summer does not go down as another opportunity missed. Edited May 25, 2022 by Blues Forever Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LAM09 7,064 Posted May 25, 2022 Share Posted May 25, 2022 6 hours ago, Strike said: Villa are making serious moves. Kamara on a free was a coup They haven't been hanging around for a few windows now. Clearly showing intent despite some signings looking like busts (Bailey being the most notable). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blues Forever 1,232 Posted May 25, 2022 Share Posted May 25, 2022 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blues Forever 1,232 Posted May 26, 2022 Share Posted May 26, 2022 Patrik Schick has extended his contract at Bayer Leverkusen until 2027. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blues Forever 1,232 Posted May 26, 2022 Share Posted May 26, 2022 Newcastle want Renan Lodi. Soon contacts between Newcastle and the representatives of the player will take place. There is still no advanced negotiations between Newcastle and Atletico. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blues Forever 1,232 Posted May 26, 2022 Share Posted May 26, 2022 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blues Forever 1,232 Posted May 26, 2022 Share Posted May 26, 2022 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MoroccanBlue 5,385 Posted May 26, 2022 Share Posted May 26, 2022 1 hour ago, Blues Forever said: Arsenal's odds in finishing Top 4 next season are even lower than they were this season. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blues Forever 1,232 Posted May 26, 2022 Share Posted May 26, 2022 (edited) Edited May 26, 2022 by Blues Forever Vesper 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blues Forever 1,232 Posted May 26, 2022 Share Posted May 26, 2022 Vesper 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blues Forever 1,232 Posted May 27, 2022 Share Posted May 27, 2022 Vesper 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
KEVINAA 129 Posted May 27, 2022 Share Posted May 27, 2022 look how many players are signing and that want to play for man city but won't get to play every game or every week. Man city's is to big and they won't know who to pick for every game. Too many players and can't keep them all happy. The premier league is dead. Man city will kill the excitement. It's now a battle for who can finish 2nd or 3rd. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 30,235 Posted May 27, 2022 Share Posted May 27, 2022 On 25/05/2022 at 13:06, Blues Forever said: this is good for us as if he blows up we have great relations with Neverkusen Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OhForAGreavsie 6,079 Posted May 27, 2022 Share Posted May 27, 2022 (edited) On 25/05/2022 at 15:24, Blues Forever said: Daniel Levy has always insisted Tottenham would invest in the squad once the club’s major infrastructure projects were complete — and yesterday the chairman offered a clear indication that he will be true to his word. In a potentially crucial juncture in Spurs’ history, the club announced a capital increase of up to £150million from majority shareholder ENIC, marking a departure from the way Levy has run the club since 2001. In effect, Spurs have issued £150m worth of new shares, which ENIC will buy, and its overall stake in the club could increase from 85.6 per cent to around 87.5 per cent. There is zero cost to Spurs and no additional debt for the club, with sources saying the move is designed to “support sporting ambition”. Levy has previously run the club on a strict profit and loss basis, with no financial backing from Joe Lewis, the billionaire owner of ENIC. The club says the equity will allow further investment “on and off the pitch”, and it is understood the majority will be available to head coach Antonio Conte to build a squad capable of challenging on four fronts next season. Under Levy’s chairmanship, Spurs have been transformed from mid-table mediocrity to consistent European challengers and one of the wealthiest clubs in Europe, but along the way they have squandered opportunities to progress on the pitch - notably in 2012 and summer 2018. In acting now, Levy, who is said to be the driving force behind the move, has signalled that he is determined not to let another crucial moment pass by. It is not hard to understand why the club has chosen to act now. Conte’s future remains uncertain and he is due to meet Levy and Fabio Paratici, the club’s managing director, at the end of this week, seeking guarantees over investment. The Italian is thought to want up to six new signings and has publicly demanded the club spends “big money” on “important players”. Levy and Paratici will now be in a position to make these assurances, and with Champions League football secured, a stadium and training ground to match any club in the world and the makings of an excellent squad, it is hard to know what more Conte could reasonably demand. There is also a recognition from within the club that the wider circumstances of the Premier League present an opportunity this summer. Chelsea and Manchester United are both facing rebuilds under a new owner and head coach, respectively, while a Saudi Arabia-backed Newcastle threaten to gatecrash the ‘big six’. Arsenal are also planning another summer of spending. This summer will be a seller’s market, and with the boost of a return to the Champions League and the windfall from ENIC, Spurs should have a sporting and financial edge over many of their rivals in competing for players. Further, the introduction of five substitutes is likely to give an advantage to the biggest and best squads. Spurs are also conscious that their two established superstars, Harry Kane and Heung-min Son, will turn 29 and 30, respectively, in July, making now the time to capitalise on their quality. Conte will also be given money from sales, and the cushion of a summer transfer war-chest means Paratici can continue to be ruthless in offloading unwanted players. Conte would like a new centre-half, with Inter Milan’s Andrea Bastoni a target, as well as a new pair of wing-backs, a ball-playing midfielder and a forward. He admires Christian Eriksen, although the Dane’s historic health problems would make any deal complicated. On a more cautious note, Spurs still have enormous debts relating to their £1.2billion stadium to pay off, and the club is continuing to pursue infrastructure projects around the ground. There are also payments still to make on Sergio Reguilon, Cristian Romero, Rodrigo Bentancur and Dejan Kulusevski. A £150m injection will not transform them into a Manchester City, nonetheless Spurs have surely shown the “ambition” demanded by their head coach, as they aim to ensure that this summer does not go down as another opportunity missed. Firstly, Antonio scares me. I really wish Arsenal had taken the last CL spot to slow him down a bit. Secondly, am I missing something? If it cost ENIC £150m to add an additional 1.9% of the total stock to their shareholding then that values Spurs at close to £7.9bn. That can't be right can it? I know the stadium is already producing great additional income from both football and non-football sources but even so, £7.9bn? Either my late-night arithmetic is up the spout or something odd is going on there. Edited May 27, 2022 by OhForAGreavsie Fulham Broadway 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blues Forever 1,232 Posted May 27, 2022 Share Posted May 27, 2022 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.