Chelsea 1-3 Aston Villa

BlueLion.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He probably won't. He didn't rest against Wigan and Fulham, who are weaker than Villa. Bertrand wasn't even on the bench against Fulham or if I remember correctly against Wigan.

Anyway, it's very annoying that he's not getting a chance. If he isn't good enough, I'd like to at least see how bad he is. But he was decent the last couple times I watched him.

wouldn't be surprised if Bertrand and McEachran started against Portsmouth

Didn't see the last game but from the goal highlight, I thought Torres did pretty well to set Mata up for the shot..

However I'd feel a lot more comfortable if he had actually scored from the chances he got..

So Didier should be a sure starter for the next game. And of course, Ramires...

wouldn't be surprised if Bertrand and McEachran started against Portsmouth

FFS the situation must have been more like "would be surprised if they dont start" under AVB! Sometimes I feel he does not even consider the possibility that Ashley might burn out. I hope he realises it soon and makes amends.

Meireles and lamps didn't convince me...

maybe take a risk and send mceachran and Ramy on the pitch with romeu or Mikel as DM...

last 3 games of Meireles wheren't good enough...

This is exactly why I have been suggesting the use of a 2 man midfield with four attackers (two wide players + two strikers) upfront. Most of the time only the fullbacks and the forwards seem to be involved in the build-up play...

Did he? When I was watching it I thought we were playing with 10 men. This whole idea about Drogba being some sort of menace by just being on the pitch is a myth.

But you can't deny his heart is in it, even if his head is not, certainly more than Torres "offers".

But you can't deny his heart is in it, even if his head is not, certainly more than Torres "offers".

It's because Mourinho had faith in Drogba.. Avram Grant even somewhat had faith in Drogba.... but people like Shevchenko and Torres have been somewhat left in the shadows of the manager and haven't been able to show their true quality!

I watched some of the Stoke v Villa match on Boxing Day. Noticed that Bent wasn't playing. Was that because Villa was playing for a draw or there some other motive?? I guess the question I have will we see him on Sat???

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1001533/aston-villa-striker-darren-bent-facing-scan-ahead-of-chelsea-match?cc=4716

and Darren Bent must have a scan to discover if he has suffered a fresh injury setback.

I watched some of the Stoke v Villa match on Boxing Day. Noticed that Bent wasn't playing. Was that because Villa was playing for a draw or there some other motive?? I guess the question I have will we see him on Sat???

Injured.