Chelsea 1-1 Fulham

BlueLion.

Can we please stop comparing results? Utd beat Fulham 5-0. Arsenal beat Wigan 5-0. So fucking what? It doesn't work like that!!

Thank you. I hate when people make such comparisons.

By that logic, City beat utd 6-1, and we beat city 2-1, so we should've won at old traford 8-2?? :lol:

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am comparing performances rather than results. I thought that was evident from my post!

I wasn't aiming my post at you! I hadn't even read your post yet when I posted that. Sorry! There are quite a few posts on the previous pages where people are saying things like "we can't even beat the team that Utd beat so comfortably" and last week the same was posted but using Arsenal's result against Wigan the previous week before.

By that logic, City beat utd 6-1, and we beat city 2-1, so we should've won at old traford 8-2?? :lol:

Yup, this is what I was trying to say.

Obviously I've not seen him play, but every time I've seen him as a pundit and/or commentator he's been a cunt. And he actually has an entrance at the Bridge named after him. Jesus Christ.

Wiki says he spent a couple of years with scousers. That explains so much ...

The Liverpool fans hate him too. That says it all really.

You have espnstar too? They always have these shit ex players to comment on Chelsea. Had Kerry Dixon on once but I suspect he was too fair for their liking, replaced by Jason Cundy next weekend :no:

You have espnstar too? They always have these shit ex players to comment on Chelsea. Had Kerry Dixon on once but I suspect he was too fair for their liking, replaced by Jason Cundy next weekend :no:

Used to. There was this broadcasting hoo-ha a couple of seasons ago. At first it changed to some broadcast based in Dubai (which was absolutely horrendous) but a different company has the footballing rights now. John Dykes is with them now so we get him again! I believe they're called IMG Sports.

Who's your main host now that he's left?

lol Cundy is annoying but at least he's better than Tommy Langley

Same its daft!!! Teams dont always play the same way/mistakes be made one game and not the other...Fulham were hardly gana make the same mistakes having been beaten 5-0 so whats the point?! Their results doesnt effect us in terms of ours or our performance

Same its daft!!! Teams dont always play the same way/mistakes be made one game and not the other...Fulham were hardly gana make the same mistakes having been beaten 5-0 so whats the point?! Their results doesnt effect us in terms of ours or our performance

I dont think its wise to say their results do not affect us. The recent form of run of any opposition is particularly assessed before an encounter, for various reasons.

And the comparison I was trying to make was not of results and I am not 'daft' enough to employ transitive relations in something as dynamic as a football game. Thank you. I was merely pointing out the flow of play. Wigan had the same team-sheet as was in the game against us and Utd had a comparatively depleted one considering their regular XI (which btw is not way above than ours). In spite of this they looked much better than we did and I was pondering over for some 'sensible' explanations.

I dont think its wise to say their results do not affect us. The recent form of run of any opposition is particularly assessed before an encounter, for various reasons.

And the comparison I was trying to make was not of results and I am not 'daft' enough to employ transitive relations in something as dynamic as a football game. Thank you. I was merely pointing out the flow of play. Wigan had the same team-sheet as was in the game against us and Utd had a comparatively depleted one considering their regular XI (which btw is not way above than ours). In spite of this they looked much better than we did and I was pondering over for some 'sensible' explanations.

Explanation: Wigan always play much better at home than away. Plus they were still very much in the game till they had a man (wrongly) sent off in the 40th minute or so.

True but mean afters result wise you cant look at a team and think 'ah so and so beat them 5-0.we should've been able to do the same' because no chance.Fulham learnt from their mistakes against Man U and got their act together.Forms can change so quickly which makes it harder..like Arsenal shite then all of a sudden got a run going and havent really looked back since.

That and teams on a bad run will either end it before playing us or play us and play well and go back to playing crap afters...

All came down to the players really,watching Man U they didnt give up whereas us against Wigan and against Fulham seemed more a case of 'the balls gone'..meh!! Rather then chase it down and get it back.