New Keeper needed.

BLUES BROS

The irony...

Irony, no. AVB hasnt proven his worth for me and wont, but i see your satisfyed with him, good for you :yes:

Cech is our goal keepers for many years to come, and by starting question him already is in my world

respectless to a legend.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Petr Cech is a warrior, whether he made a mistake against Wigan or not, he is still considered our best keeper... you must not forget that we're only half-way into the season, and in that space of time, there have been moments where Cech has made crucial saves in matches, and it's won points for us... if it weren't for him, we would be lower than 4th right now! Just because he makes one mistake does not mean people should start calling for his head! We don't need a better keeper. If we really needed a keeper, I wouldn't mind having another go with Begovic, but for now, I don't see Cech leaving! We would regret it deeply if we did decide to get rid of him! FFS he's not even in the 30s yet!

Irony, no. AVB hasnt proven his worth for me and wont, but i see your satisfyed with him, good for you :yes:

Cech is our goal keepers for many years to come, and by starting question him already is in my world

respectless to a legend.

+1

He does make mistakes yes but he's human!!!!

Okay running out of goal to get the ball and next thing you know its in the back of the net maybe not the best move but hasnt helped when the defence have completly dissapeared!

I can see him being with us for a long time and good!!He's been world class for us

Cech is on the decline and the club knows this...hence, the club buying one of the hottest young keepers around.

I love Cech, but he has been very unlucky with injuries.

still in the top 10 keepers in the world and as for courage (an essential quality for a keeper) he has no equals ,,will do for me ...

He made one heroic save and one mistake, but I've seen worse. Also, that mistake was initiated by a mistake by Ivanovic, who had a very poor game. And it wasn't just Ivanovic and Cech. Everyone except Sturridge had a bad game, and I can pick at least a couple players who did worse than Cech. It's not fair at all to call Cech a weak link based on that performance after what he did last season to keep us within the top 2 in the PL.

For me its not a question of Cech's ability but more to do with the fact that he has no pressure from a serious rival as his understudy. Courtois should be that rival, it would keep Cech on his toes as I can't see AVB dropping him for Turnbull or Hilario - therefore Cech knows he is comfortabe & unlikely to be axed unless he has a run of poor performances. Courtois should be brought back for pre season training.

Cech has to contend with a high number of 1 on 1's thanks to our high defensive line and we aren't talking abt the 1 on 1's which start with the striker getting free inside the box. Won't swap him with anyone else in the world atm, Casillas is suspect at free kicks and crosses

respectless to a legend.

You have incredibly limited perspective if you think I am satisfied by AVB and our season so far.

But as a proper Chelsea fan I get behind the management.

I find it too coincidental that the same players who underperformed under Ancelotti, leading to his sacking, are those who don't seem to give a shit under Villas-Boas, either. AVB is a young, ambitious manager with a long term plan, and it is about time we show some patience.

The Abramovich era has spoilt many fans.