Wigan 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Taking Mata off made sense, he didn´t have a good game. Mikel in to add stability in midfield for Lampard and Mereiles going forward i think wasn´t a bad idea. But the two just haven´t produced today. Lampard was shockingly uninspiring.

Sturridge off made sense as well: giving him some rest and picked up knock. Torres on would´ve been a better option i think, simply because Malouda is deadly ineffective and should be forced to hand in a transfer request. What a waste of space. (first time i slag him off ;) )

Bringing on another attacker made sense - I see what AVB obviously thought. maybe kalou will score one of his trademark accidental goals, shot in the foot by the oppostion centre half or heading in a three times deflected ball.

anyway,

the lads played poorly and without any urgence in their game. wigan defended quite well with their 5-5-0. A creative/attacking midfielder is a must for the next months.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

На мой взгляд, Боаш не виноват, а виноваты сами игроки, которые зажралис и сосут деньги из клуба

Boas Toze Vinovat... 2 Uzacnix Zamen... Posle Gola Tolka Nazat i nazat... nada iti na 2-0 a ne tak.

I think we are in a football forum, so the nerds thing can stay in gamers forum and in 9gag kind of garbage.

There is not this stupid thing called haters. VB has yet to justify the hype around him, and in this game he made a lot of mistakes, thats all. We all want Chelsea to win, but defending VB even when he made wrong tactics and mistakes is as stupid as saying he was awful when we played against Valencia and City.

lol really? Take a read of this thread in full. Take a read of the AVB thread, he is getting criticism on here for some absolutely ridiculous things. You are saying there are no AVB haters on here? Id say there are almost as many AVB haters on here as there is in the media.

Well obviously what he thought about Drogba was wrong in this game, as he did the square root of fuck all throughout 90 mins

Let me use the same excuse the "Torres fans" have been using for the last 11 months. He didnt get enough service!

It's more the fact that they are on the bench in the first place. When there is players like Josh on the bench who actually have a future at this club who sit there a rot instead of giving him game time baffels me. We could of easily brought on Torres in the end for Sturridge if we needed. We could of then sat drogs a bit more right where Daniel plays and got him to feed Torres because he does have great delivery.

Absolutely spot on Steve! It baffles me as well about McEachran... all that hype of him being the next thing, and all he seems to be doing is warming a bench... he needs to be playing more games than he is... we just seem to be playing our old guard week in week out, and sometimes to have to sit back and wonder.... how long are they going to keep this up. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink said something very interesting at the beginning of the season when talking about us bringing in fresh players and getting rid of the old guard... "How long is Drogba going to be able to do this.... how long is Frank Lampard going to be able to do this" he said!

Josh needs games... he is rotting on the subs bench and it's sickening me!

People who are arguing that AVB might be worried about Studge and Mata being burned out before the Spuds game are just blindly supporting the man! If he really had considered the burning out as a criterion, he would have rested Ash (who played every single match till date in the season, btw) and Drogs beforehand! And its not like we were sitting in a very comfortable position at the stage they were subbed off and a rest of 25-30 mins would anyways not do them much good for a match that is 5 days away!

I think its more to do with tactics. I somehow understand the point in bringing on Kalou, but Danny and Mata?!!

He is not to be blamed for the result, just the performance. There was no drive, whatsoever, in the players. It was as if the win against Man City was so good a result that bought them enough time to be complacent!

Well obviously what he thought about Drogba was wrong in this game, as he did the square root of fuck all throughout 90 mins

And Fernando " I might actually score this time!" Torres would have done better? Given how little service Drogba (a striker who actually looks to get on the ball and create) got, imagine just how entirely ineffective Torres would have been today.

It's more the fact that they are on the bench in the first place. When there is players like Josh on the bench who actually have a future at this club who sit there a rot instead of giving him game time baffels me. We could of easily brought on Torres in the end for Sturridge if we needed. We could of then sat drogs a bit more right where Daniel plays and got him to feed Torres because he does have great delivery.

I share you disgruntle about they being on the bench, and we can only hope this will correct come the next 2 windows (they really must!). I would also agree that André could have brought on McEachran instead of Mikel. In the case of Torres, I do defend his decision not to bring him on. While I always do have an eyebrow raised when Torres isn't used, I also understand why. Villas-Boas sees the level of effort Torres shows in training and will make his decision based on this. I'm sure he has no malice involved in this.. But I too would like to see a Drogba & Torres combination tried, understanding why maybe he may not want to.

@RZA, I like you, but in this case you are trying to say VB did not made mistakes and he was right in this decisions. Thats not helping.

We are going to play against Spurs away ? Who cares ? Its also a win, 3 points. So we play poor against Wigan, get 1 point to be good enough to play against Spurs and try to get 3 points. Thats make any sense ?

I dont think so. Drogba is 33 years old, played 3 tough games...why not refresh him and play Torres ? Thats was only VB saying: I'm the boss, I dont care about big names. If he wanted to refresh the squad its more easy to play different players than asking the starting XI to play only 40% of their potential, as you are suggesting.

Okay, I will give you the part about Torres playing instead of Drogba. However factor in the form of Drogba & Torres individually. Torres is, perhaps, not showing the level of effort than André would like to see which is why he has no choice but to keep using Didier. I'm sure he would want better options, but it's something beyond his control.

Regarding your second point about the points. Yes, this is true, 3 points should be sought out no matter who the opponent. But again, he's trying to utilise his resources, which unfortuantely do include Kalou & Malouda.. They should have the impetus to play well against Wigan.

0/10

If players were tired

Why did Drogba start ahead of Torres

Why did Cole start ahead of Bertrand

Why did Meireles start ahead of Josh

Why did bosingwa start over luiz

Because Torres' state is not good.

I agree about Cole, and I do have different opinions to André regarding this.

McEachran's not ready. Not this might annoy you, but this is what I believe to be André feelings. Why can't we accept this?

Luiz is injured, you know this.

Or.... he simply thinks that Drogba would have a greater impact on the game than Torres, an opinion which would be justified given Fernando's bout of invisibility since joining Chelsea.

Yes, this.

And Fernando " I might actually score this time!" Torres would have done better? Given how little service Drogba (a striker who actually looks to get on the ball and create) got, imagine just how entirely ineffective Torres would have been today.

People still believe Torres will magically be good again in one game

People still believe Torres will magically be good again in one game

Who knows, maybe he might be the subject of a minor miracle and burst into life but I really doubt it and given how poor our midfield was today and that Wigan were playing with a very deep 5 man backline this was exactly the kind of game that Chelsea's version of Torres would have been absolutely redundant in.

Who cares if Drogba is in good form? He has played roughly 500mins if not more over the last month. We had two tough games before this. We also had a striker who needed a game, and Wigan were the perfect opponent. We also needed to rest him for the Spurs game. He's not 25 you know

Yes, he got no service today, but he should have never started in the first place.