Wigan 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to disagree on this one lad. His tactics and substitutions were way off. They made no sense what so ever. We took the lead and then we went defensive instead of keep taking it to them.

Except we would have won if it weren't for Cech's stupid mistake. Was it AVB's tactics or substitutions affecting Cech?

think its funny that Torres played the same as Drogba today and he was on the bench...

now that drogba is getting older and we need him for the big games, why are we still playing him for 90 when he was no need to play any minutes at all...

If we'd have won 1-0, everyone would say it's how title-winners do it. Like when we complain how Man United used to get away with 1-0 wins.

Mikel made sense, to sit deep. Kalou, I'll say was an iffy one, but it's not like we have alternative forwards out wide. Malouda for Sturridge made sense, Sturridge took a knock to the back and needs to be fresh for Tottenham.

It was the type of game where sitting on 1-0 was an idea that was justified.. And did he really sit on it? He brought on 2 wingers, so he did keep it to a 4-3-3 shape.

Ill tell you what makes sense, taking off Romeu and for Kalou(who was just as shit as Drogba) then putting on Mikel.....Just leave Romeu on and take Lampard off? Oh but no Lampard runs his mouth off to the press "I dunno why I aint playing" Fuck you your shit thats why.

uno im gonna get stick for this but i dont care.

this is my view on Torres, i feel sorry for the guy yes i know he aint playing well but tbh he needs to play to get better not just play 10 15 mins every month, its not his fault he was bought for £50 million is it no, and now hes got Kalou and Flo ahead of him in the pecking order it seems, really feel for this guy when he nexts plays he will most prob be poor and will get more stick from fans press etc etc i think people need to lay off him a little bit.

I agree 100% with Steve, Andre Villas Boas's tactics were an absolute shambles. This Manager has consistently made wrong decisions when it comes to tactics since he has joined. The players themselves had to readjust the high line last week without permission from Boas and today they were told to go defensive at 1-0 when he brought Obi on and Sturridge and Mata off. I don't care about the mistake from Cech that has nothing to do with it. AVB consistently puts us under pressure and if it was not for the heroics of Mata and Sturridge this season we would be in huge huge trouble.

Ill tell you what makes sense, taking off Romeu and for Kalou(who was just as shit as Drogba) then putting on Mikel.....Just leave Romeu on and take Lampard off? Oh but no Lampard runs his mouth off to the press "I dunno why I aint playing" Fuck you your shit thats why.

He took of a DM, brought on a Winger = Attacking incentive.

Sturridge scores, 1-0.

André realises we're exposed in a counter-attack, bring in stability in midfield, so Mikel is a good decision.

You know better than knowing Lampard meant that how he did. He is a profession and knows why he is missing games, André is not a mug and won't play Lampard due to that.. Else, we'd have seen Torres tonight. Lampard played because Ramires is injured. Don't buy into the media's version.

Poor, really poor. Lifeless is the word to describe that. It is ridiculous blaming AVB, its not his fault that Ramires was unavailable due to injury, his drive was sorely lacking today and it isn;t his fault that Luiz wasn't available, Ivanovic looked shaky at centre back and Bosingwa is a comedy of errors. He didn't set the team out with a high line so can't blame him for that. People are mentioning the substitutions but it isn;t his fault either that our squad quality means that the best we can bring on are Kalou, Malouda and Mikel. Kalou was brought on so we could witch to a 4-2-3-1 to get Mata more involved through the centre, once we went a goal ahead Wigan were threatening so Mikel was brought on to create the 3 in midfield again and maybe Sturridge was tired or AVB thought it a chance to give Malouda a bit of a run. We all accept that signings have to be made in January and today we saw why, our bench isn't of the quality required.

You could see the Wigan equaliser coming from a mile away, with the way we had played up until the game it was always coming. Bosingwa completely loses Rodellega, allows him goal side and he gets a shot off but the main fault for the goal lies with Cech, it is a routine save, this hasn't been the best season for Cech and today was arguably his worst game of the season. First half in particular, we were pedantic, slow, plodding and predictable, not enough off the ball movement, not enough ideas, no spark of invention. Second half that improved slightly but nowhere near enough, unless people were hoping for AVB to don the Chelsea jersey and be the Modric type player we sorely lack then Im not sure how he can be blamed unless you are accusing him of setting his team out to play slow, boring football.

Positives? Ashley Cole played well and his pass to Sturridge was straight out of the top drawer. Sturridge looked lively when we got the ball to him and always looked like beating his man, shame we couldn't work the ball to him more often in dangerous positions. John Terry did well at the back and commanded the line as the captain should.

That is where the positives end. The negatives? Our slim chance of winning the league has probably all but died, despite the sterling work AVB has done in creating a more free flowing football team the limitations were there to see today, as talented a coach as he is, he can't make players like Malouda, Kalou and Bosingwa into the top quality standard players, come January we need to buy 1 or 2 quality players to improve the squad and ensure a top 4 finish.

We would have won if it weren't for a schoolboy mistake by Cech. Not sure what you are so angry about.

you must be kidding me. even if we had won we should be angry, because that was our worst performance in the entire season.