Wigan 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

@RZA, I like you, but in this case you are trying to say VB did not made mistakes and he was right in this decisions. Thats not helping.

We are going to play against Spurs away ? Who cares ? Its also a win, 3 points. So we play poor against Wigan, get 1 point to be good enough to play against Spurs and try to get 3 points. Thats make any sense ?

I dont think so. Drogba is 33 years old, played 3 tough games...why not refresh him and play Torres ? Thats was only VB saying: I'm the boss, I dont care about big names. If he wanted to refresh the squad its more easy to play different players than asking the starting XI to play only 40% of their potential, as you are suggesting.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I see your point you must see André's perspective.

We played a very tiresome game again Manchester City where Sturridge & Mata covered a lot of ground. He then has to keep in mind these 2 will be very important for a game like Tottenham and the fact that he only has the resources given to him in the case of back up.

No disrespect to Wigan but the likes of Malouda & Kalou should be able to handle them. It's not André's fault that he only has such players available to him.

0/10

If players were tired

Why did Drogba start ahead of Torres

Why did Cole start ahead of Bertrand

Why did Meireles start ahead of Josh

Why did bosingwa start over luiz

Wigan scored a gifted goal at their home. I have no problem with that. That is part of game. What disappoints me is our outlook after we scored our single goal. Lampard, kalouda, mikel and we wanted to kill the game??

We were only leading Wigan 1-0 and we were defending with the whole team when Cech made that mistake. It was the 87th minute of the game.

Let's just imagine that Cech held that ball and the game finished 1-0 for us.

Is that Chelsea the Chelsea you want?

"We fought very hard today" - AVB

The worst joke ive ever heard..

That's the worst part of it all. NOBODY on the team showed any kind of work rate. It was just about the laziest, most pathetic performance you could come up with.

Drogba should have not started. With all the minutes he's been playing recently, he should have been rested for at least this game.

The Malouda sub was just stupid, he did nothing. Why AVB took off Romeu and not Raul or Lamps is beyond me.

Oh well Spurs on Thursday, hopefully Ramires and Luiz are back.

@RZA, I like you, but in this case you are trying to say VB did not made mistakes and he was right in this decisions. Thats not helping.

We are going to play against Spurs away ? Who cares ? Its also a win, 3 points. So we play poor against Wigan, get 1 point to be good enough to play against Spurs and try to get 3 points. Thats make any sense ?

I dont think so. Drogba is 33 years old, played 3 tough games...why not refresh him and play Torres ? Thats was only VB saying: I'm the boss, I dont care about big names. If he wanted to refresh the squad its more easy to play different players than asking the starting XI to play only 40% of their potential, as you are suggesting.

Or.... he simply thinks that Drogba would have a greater impact on the game than Torres, an opinion which would be justified given Fernando's bout of invisibility since joining Chelsea.

The AVB haters don't want a manager, they want somebody who can see into the future., or, more likely, they just want a scapegoat.

I think we are in a football forum, so the nerds thing can stay in gamers forum and in 9gag kind of garbage.

There is not this stupid thing called haters. VB has yet to justify the hype around him, and in this game he made a lot of mistakes, thats all. We all want Chelsea to win, but defending VB even when he made wrong tactics and mistakes is as stupid as saying he was awful when we played against Valencia and City.

Probably going to take stick for this but Ivanovic has been quite frankly awful this season.

He looked better when he has played at right back but I've never fancied his as a high quality centre back, he always seems to have a mistake in him, he was also partially to blame for the equaliser and could easily have cost us with his shocking pass back to Cech.

Or.... he simply thinks that Drogba would have a greater impact on the game than Torres, an opinion which would be justified given Fernando's bout of invisibility since joining Chelsea.

Well obviously what he thought about Drogba was wrong in this game, as he did the square root of fuck all throughout 90 mins

Well obviously what he thought about Drogba was wrong in this game, as he did the square root of fuck all throughout 90 mins