Wigan 1-1 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you are being sarcastic?

Off course :)

That was to 'respond' to all this 'Torres here, Torres there" which was going on.

I disagree. Chelsea can't ever sit on 1-0 lead against a side like Wigan. We should've seriously gone for the kill.

But our next game his against Tottenham, and we haven't a deep squad. I think to take our foot off when we can isn't a bad idea..

Jesus christ you lot are ridiculous sometimes:

-Wigan were playing with 5 defenders, and defended very deep.

-Nobody was complaining when Romeu was taken off which allowed Mata to play centrally to make the attack more potent. The goal still didn't look like coming, even after the change of formation.

-Now AVB could see that another goal was unlikely, and therefore rather risk it, he chose to protect the lead. You lot wouldn't be complaining if we'd have won 1-0, you'd be praising AVB for his tactical subs.

- Mata and Sturridge do little defensive work compared to Kalou/Malouda.

- Drogba was kept on the pitch because he can defend corners/set pieces.

-It was only a gk error that cost the match, how could AVB predict that?

This one is on the players, not the manager.

I've already forgotten about this game (I don't know whether they were saving energy or just plain uninterested..probably just the lack of drive from Ramires )...

Tomorrow, I hope (wrong ethics here) Arsenal do not win against city + Tottenham also fail to win....Don't really care whether the two teams from Manchester win...because over the last two games we would have at least gained a point over City, and as for United..they're behind City at this stage and therefore not really a concern

You are blind to the fact that we stopped attacking all together after we scored. We could of won that game 3 or 4-0. Instead we come away with a 1-1 draw because we sat back and let them attack us. I am not sticking up for cech and you are making it sound like i am.

While I see your point you must see André's perspective.

We played a very tiresome game again Manchester City where Sturridge & Mata covered a lot of ground. He then has to keep in mind these 2 will be very important for a game like Tottenham and the fact that he only has the resources given to him in the case of back up.

No disrespect to Wigan but the likes of Malouda & Kalou should be able to handle them. It's not André's fault that he only has such players available to him.

1) First of all, Mata wasnt garbage. Second, taking off Sturridge is absolutley idiotic. Third, did I say substitutes were the reason wigan score? Ofc not, but listen you little ignorant twat: To be comfortable with a 1-0 advantage against a wigan team that was pressing forward and looking good is STUIPID. And to think that swapping mata, sturridge and romeu for mikel, kalou and malouda is gonna have any good effect on the game is even more stuipid.

2) Drogba was INVISIBLE and Torres ought to be hungry to play by now. Swapping Drogba for Torres wouldnt have made a differance into the worse. Thats for sure!

I do blame AVB when he brings on players that has no desire to win: Malouda especially. And Kalou, seriousley?

1) I love Mata, but he was terrible today. If his name was Malouda, you would have killed him by now.

2) Hindsight is 20/20. We didn't look like scoring the entire fucking game, but we defended reasonably well, so what would have been the logical decision? Going for the 2nd goal or simply defending the lead? The latter obviously, and it would have worked if it weren't for Cech's mistake that had absolutely nothing to do with AVB's tactics or substitutions.

3) Torres? Yeah we've been saying that he must be motivated after playing like shit for last 11 months, but he hasn't shown anything. He has no ability to create a goal by himself, and as you Torres nuthuggers have been saying, he NEEDS service to score. Was there ANY kind of service to our striker today? NO. So what the fuck would have been the purpose in playing Torres? So he can just watch the long balls? So you guys can say "but but but it's not Torres' fault that he didn't score. He got no serviceeee"?

Stop blaming this on AVB. Everyone - minus Sturridge - played like shit today

Terrible subs, id hoped the days of flo kalou and mikel on the same pitch were a thing of the past. But if 3 weeks ago youd have told me we would qualify as group winners from the CL group, beat the geordies and city but draw today id be happy and I still am. Some tricky games ahead for our other top four cronies tomorrow and who knows how that will go. Ktbffh ps ....badboy or whatever your name is, you scudded us big time today

You thought the days of Mike, Malouda and Kalou on at the same time were over but mate AVB's choices right now are so limited and that could really hurt us in this busy Christmas period where the squad is of the utmost importance, with Anelka and Alex on their way out it has limited AVB even further in what he can do and if, like today, he is missing 2 starters like Ramires and Luiz, it means he inevitably has to call on Malouda, Kalou and Mikel.

-Nobody was complaining when Romeu was taken off which allowed Mata to play centrally to make the attack more potent. The goal still didn't look like coming, even after the change of formation.

-Now AVB could see that another goal was unlikely, and therefore rather risk it, he chose to protect the lead. You lot wouldn't be complaining if we'd have won 1-0, you'd be praising AVB for his tactical subs.

Couldn't have said it better. If there WAS a substitution error, it was that he didn't replace Cech with Turnbull/Hilario.

The AVB haters don't want a manager, they want somebody who can see into the future., or, more likely, they just want a scapegoat.

we were playing against Wigan, and then he comes with Mikel for Mata...we went way too defensive and stop playing, we were wasting time...AGAINST WIGAN. The team was happy with 1-0 result, thats crazy.

I actually agree with you there.. all we seemed to do most of the time was pass the ball around and get all laid back about it... in the second half we were merely chasing shadows (with the exception of Sturridge's goal, which was well worked)... just sit back and protect a 1-0 lead.. and play a high line... yeah, good idea BOAS!

I understand what your saying, but his subs had no effect on the game. Kalou did nothing, Malouda did nothing and Mikel did his usual stuff.

I know this. As I said to the reply to Steve, André only has what's available to him at the moment. He can't risk Mata & Sturridge burning out.

@RZA Bringing on Kalou and Malouda is not a positive change, they are both ineffective at the moment in an attacking sense. I'm someone who has been giving Boas time but he is really starting to piss me off.

See above.

Very poor reply.

We can all say 'what if' but the fact is we never won.

we should all recognise that we played poorly, and Avb made some poor decisions.

I agree we played bad. What I simply meant by that reply was, we would have won this 1-0 if Cech didn't make a mistake. Had we won, there may have been question marks like "where was torres?" "where was mceachran". If you see what I mean?

Nahh I'm talking about the attitude and the way we played. We didn't really go for it and were ready to settle. Can't ever be the case against the likes of Wigan imo.

That's fair. Yet, again, I stake the stance on André. The players must've taken innitiative to maintain an attacking momentum against Wigan, I'm sure André didn't say sit deep because this isn't how he plays. Mikel was brought on after Sturridge's goal to make sure we wouldn't get done on the counter but Malouda's introduction showed he wanted more attack with a fresh man on the wings.

While I see your point you must see André's perspective.

We played a very tiresome game again Manchester City where Sturridge & Mata covered a lot of ground. He then has to keep in mind these 2 will be very important for a game like Tottenham and the fact that he only has the resources given to him in the case of back up.

No disrespect to Wigan but the likes of Malouda & Kalou should be able to handle them. It's not André's fault that he only has such players available to him.

It's more the fact that they are on the bench in the first place. When there is players like Josh on the bench who actually have a future at this club who sit there a rot instead of giving him game time baffels me. We could of easily brought on Torres in the end for Sturridge if we needed. We could of then sat drogs a bit more right where Daniel plays and got him to feed Torres because he does have great delivery.

You are blind to the fact that we stopped attacking all together after we scored. We could of won that game 3 or 4-0. Instead we come away with a 1-1 draw because we sat back and let them attack us. I am not sticking up for cech and you are making it sound like i am.

We could have won 3 or 4-0? We didn't create a single great chance today. Our only goal was just a brilliant work by Sturridge.

What I really love about our supporters is the fact that on one day they love AVB, and just a few days later he's an idiot. That's going on the whole season long.

cant see why i should praise him tonight

praise him when his tactics work, criticize him when its abysmal. hes certainly not above criticism.