Your Chelsea FC Memories

Amblève.

On 01/02/2020 at 10:44 AM, Iggy Doonican said:

Dale Jasper who played for us in the 80's died yesterday aged 56 only a couple of years older than me. It has to be said he's mainly remembered for giving away two penalties against Sunderland in the league cup semi final in 1985. He replaced Joe McLaughlin who got injured that night and big Joe and Colin Pates were such a good partnership it would have been hard to just slot in especially in such a big game . The second leg was pure mayhem and was probably the most violent night I've ever witnessed at the Bridge.

RIP Dale.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/01/31/dale-jasper-1964-2020

He grew up a fan so lived the dream.....fair play and RIP

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Having a week or two in Gran Canaria - might bump into UJ -well if anyone knew what he looked like :D

Go to any bar playing Northern Soul  Did you know he's actually a septic tank he came to the UK when he was 14 he got heavily influenced by British culture presumably. If I left London to go to the USA when I was a teenager I couldn't imagine giving myself the moniker Uncle Sam !:)

2 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Go to any bar playing Northern Soul  Did you know he's actually a septic tank he came to the UK when he was 14 he got heavily influenced by British culture presumably. If I left London to go to the USA when I was a teenager I couldn't imagine giving myself the moniker Uncle Sam !:)

Uncle Iggy

:wub:

7 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

He's a septic ? Fuck him then

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

He's a septic ? Fuck him then

harsh!

he is a walking talking UK subculture encyclopaedia

he has lived in London since around 25 or so years before I was born, lolol

I never heard him once ever talk about the states

only the UK and elsewhere

I can't hold where someone was born and lived as a pickney against them

not when they have lived in London for around 50 years

that is like 30 more years than I have, lolol

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

harsh!

he is a walking talking UK subculture encyclopaedia

he has lived in London since around 25 or so years before I was born, lolol

I never heard him once ever talk about the states

only the UK and elsewhere

I can't hold where someone was born and lived as a pickney against them

not when they have lived in London for around 50 years

that is like 30 more years than I have, lolol

Yeah I know Vesp, its only a British humour thang towards yanks :cig:

I was in the Red Onion club years back (The club where OJ met Nicole) in LA. These three LA girls Candy, Nadia and Rusty said 'Youre from England ?? Do you know Dave from Manchester ?' They were serious. :P

6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yeah I know Vesp, its only a British humour thang towards yanks :cig:

I was in the Red Onion club years back (The club where OJ met Nicole) in LA. These three LA girls Candy, Nadia and Rusty said 'Youre from England ?? Do you know Dave from Manchester ?' They were serious. :P

oh, it's all good :)

UJ is probably have a pint and a ruby in some dodgy pub and having a right proper laugh at all of us

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

oh, it's all good :)

UJ is probably have a pint and a ruby in some dodgy pub and having a right proper laugh at all of us

He'd be lucky getting a ruby over here - no Indian food anywhere. On the positive, met an English bloke in an 'Irish' pub tonight who reckons there was a bloke DJing in Playa Ingles who was a naturalised Brit originally from the US. Do you know if UJ was a black guy ?

50 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

He'd be lucky getting a ruby over here - no Indian food anywhere. On the positive, met an English bloke in an 'Irish' pub tonight who reckons there was a bloke DJing in Playa Ingles who was a naturalised Brit originally from the US. Do you know if UJ was a black guy ?

I have no clear idea if he is black, I never asked, and he never brought it up with me.

I must admit I started using the term septic tank after watching this. All sketch shows date and the Fast Show has but all Simon Day's characters haven't he had the best ones Dave Angel, Competitive Dad, John Actor and Billy Bleach.

• 1 month later...

Not sure why many think Crespo was flop here? He was very good with some great goals.

In the PL he had 20 goals in just 2817 minutes which is like 31 games. Scoring every 140 minutes. Better stats than Diego Costa who in the PL scored on every 145.

Underrated.

On 09/04/2020 at 3:49 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Not sure why many think Crespo was flop here? He was very good with some great goals.

In the PL he had 20 goals in just 2817 minutes which is like 31 games. Scoring every 140 minutes. Better stats than Diego Costa who in the PL scored on every 145.

Underrated.

Loved him. One of those geniuses with a sixth sense knowing where the ball would appear in the box ala Lineker, Lampard, Van Nistleroy….

Bristol City v Chelsea 1990

Complete riot. Fans went mental. I have an enduring image of one of our lot covered in blood ,so angry biting the locked gates separating fans at the end . EastEnders star Chelsea fan also got beaten up by City fans.