Your Chelsea FC Memories

Amblève.

11 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Lol true. TBH we were shit more than outstanding, but that made the victories sweeter.

We were never shit off the pitch though^_^

We were bang average before the big money came in. Some people try to defend it by saying we won some FA cups and a EURO cup but that's it.  

19 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

We were bang average before the big money came in. Some people try to defend it by saying we won some FA cups and a EURO cup but that's it.  

Just a few years before the big money, we were consistently among the high end up the table like Everton have been for a long while now. If we'd have stayed at this Everton level of the few trophies we had, and sometimes going on a thriller and chasing a team down for the league title when we weren't expected to, I'd probably love the club a little more. 

In 1998 we finished 3rd, which is better than Everton will ever do (I reference them because to me they're a 'big' club while not the biggest, making talk of us being a small club before Abramovich nonsense to me.) 2 more wins and we would've won the league, this being against elite United & Arsenal sides. That was truly impressive. If we were more stable, we could've kept biting at the ankles of the greats without the big money. But with the big money, now we are a great; but which great would remain still without the big money? None. 

We were great & we are greater now.

36 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

It was good time to be a fan though, total buzz most of the time. Top English league wasn't that good before TV money, us before Abramovich, Citeh before the arab money, Chinese clubs before state intervention ...aye there gold in them football hills.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2017 at 3:22 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

It was good time to be a fan though, total buzz most of the time. Top English league wasn't that good before TV money, us before Abramovich, Citeh before the arab money, Chinese clubs before state intervention ...aye there gold in them football hills.....

I know it must sound basic maybe neanderthal to some but I liked it because clubs dreaded coming to us and having to walk from the tube.

Theres not much things better on match day than walking along with their lot and abusing them till they cry. They dont have those shaking hands anymore and the bags under their eyes because they didn't sleep the night before.

22 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I know it must sound basic maybe neanderthal to some but I liked it because clubs dreaded coming to us and having to walk from the tube.

Theres not much things better on match day than walking along with their lot and abusing them till they cry. They dont have those shaking hands anymore and the bags under their eyes because they didn't sleep the night before.

From about 1977 to about 94 the Northstand was full on only a few occasions by only a handful of teams. I would say Spurs, Man United (not always same as Liverpool) West Ham, Arsenal, Millwall, Boro play off game, Sheffield Utd cup match are all I remember seeing. QPR were given the whole end one year but it wasn't exactly rammed.

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:45 PM, Unionjack said:

Haha yes UJ agree with that. Conversely in the 70s and 80s remember shitting myself at Leeds, Wolves, Millwall....until your mob of 10-15 met up with 200-300 more Chels. Then I was billy big bollox :D

59 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Haha yes UJ agree with that. Conversely in the 70s and 80s remember shitting myself at Leeds, Wolves, Millwall....until your mob of 10-15 met up with 200-300 more Chels. Then I was billy big bollox :D

Tho that was always fun roaming roun a strange town like we owned the place I think the East Europeans have the whole hooligan thing sorted right, 2 sides of equal numvers toe to toe, no weapons, out of the way, no vandalizing or injuring innocents and not ganging up on someone who is down.  Times now if 2 lots agree a meet by phone you either get 1 lot not show or they turn up with more than they said.

Or so I'm told  mischievous-grin_zpse6s9ntzo.gif

• 2 weeks later...

There's a piece in today's Guardian about best goals that have gone in off the woodwork. They chose six including this one by Brian Bason against Carlisle in 1975. Bason run a boozer not far from where I lived in the early 90's . He only played a handful of games for us as I recall, there's also an interview with a 18 year old Ray Wilkins after the game who has a full head of hair and looking like an extra from Saturday Night Fever. Glad I was too young to have missed out dressing like that the size of the shirt collar is ridiculous :D

9 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

There's a piece in today's Guardian about best goals that have gone in off the woodwork. They chose six including this one by Brian Bason against Carlisle in 1975. Bason run a boozer not far from where I lived in the early 90's . He only played a handful of games for us as I recall, there's also an interview with a 18 year old Ray Wilkins after the game who has a full head of hair and looking like an extra from Saturday Night Fever. Glad I was too young to have missed out dressing like that the size of the shirt collar is ridiculous :D

Top goalage there Iggy and the interview with Ray Wilkins -18 years old !

Think Bason was with us as junior but never attained greatness. RIP Brian Moore

On 23/02/2017 at 0:05 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

Love them collars. Had a shirt made with a button down long point. Its them old Jumbo round collars that they should bring back. Hard as hell to find nice old ones of them around.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Remember it well the very next day I had an interview for a school not far from the Bridge. I never got in which I was delighted about. This was probably Peter Houseman's best game for us. Tottenham's pitch was worse than Wembley's for the final.

2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Remember it well the very next day I had an interview for a school not far from the Bridge. I never got in which I was delighted about. This was probably Peter Houseman's best game for us. Tottenham's pitch was worse than Wembley's for the final.

That 5-1 always springs to mind every time we've played them since. RIP Houseman a regular at No 11 with Cooke on the right No 7 -as effective as Duff and Robben

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2016 at 11:31 AM, Fulham Broadway said:

Ruud signed 21 years ago.:clap:

Saw his debut in a Paul Elliott testimonial - what a class player. 40-50 yard pinpoint passes, and taking games by the scruff of the neck.

The start of the Chelsea revolution.

i went to his first game at west brom a pre season friendly.