Your Chelsea FC Memories

Amblève.

Lockdown thoughts...….Without John Neal who begat Spackman, Nevin, Micky Thomas and the indomitable Joey Jones -saving us from the third tier of English football there would be no Abramovich or any of the rest.....

• 2 months later...
On 19-4-2020 at 3:56 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Lockdown thoughts...….Without John Neal who begat Spackman, Nevin, Micky Thomas and the indomitable Joey Jones -saving us from the third tier of English football there would be no Abramovich or any of the rest.....

What are your thoughts on that? I've been a fan prior to the Abramovich era, and i believe Chelsea had a good squad for years before Abramovich came to Chelsea. We qualified for Europa every year, either Uefa Cup or the Champions Leugue. Abramovich has been important for years but we've also lost some of our identity throughout the years. 

3 minutes ago, Vincent said:

What are your thoughts on that? I've been a fan prior to the Abramovich era, and i believe Chelsea had a good squad for years before Abramovich came to Chelsea. We qualified for Europa every year, either Uefa Cup or the Champions Leugue. Abramovich has been important for years but we've also lost some of our identity throughout the years. 

Roman is most important figure in our history but yeah Chelsea was great and cute before. I mean Vialli is our second most successful manager with 5 trophies from 1998 to 2000.

On 2-7-2020 at 11:52 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Roman is most important figure in our history but yeah Chelsea was great and cute before. I mean Vialli is our second most successful manager with 5 trophies from 1998 to 2000.

I am not sure how to interpretate your post. I fell in love with Chelsea not because of their money or their prizes, and if we would have won very little or nothing without Abramovich, i would be fine with that. I believe that if Everton would have win the Premier League, their level of contentment, satisfaction would reach so much further than ours. Since we are basically obliged to win prizes with Roman's helping hand. It sort of feels like playing a game, but let one of my siblings fight the endboss. I also believes it shows in the current games, with less expectations, because of the transfer ban, the level of enjoyment returns and so is my own excitement. 

On 02/07/2020 at 10:46 PM, Vincent said:

The 2004-5 Title was immense. Never thought i'd see that in my lifetime, and all the subsequent silverware. That title 15 years ago, didnt eclipse the euphoria of1970 FA Cup joy over Leeds though for example. I never had a better feeling seeing Jesper Gronkaers goal against Liverpool to qualify for CL, without which Abramovich wouldnt have been interested. (Though maybe Drogbas Munich header and penalty is right up there. Abramovich has been great for chelsea, but if he hadnt turned up, it wouldnt  have made any difference to my support, apart from he made it more expensive to follow :cig:

Jespers £1000 000 000 goal

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/07/2020 at 8:15 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

The 2004-5 Title was immense. Never thought i'd see that in my lifetime, and all the subsequent silverware. That title 15 years ago, didnt eclipse the euphoria of1970 FA Cup joy over Leeds though for example. I never had a better feeling seeing Jesper Gronkaers goal against Liverpool to qualify for CL, without which Abramovich wouldnt have been interested. (Though maybe Drogbas Munich header and penalty is right up there. Abramovich has been great for chelsea, but if he hadnt turned up, it wouldnt  have made any difference to my support, apart from he made it more expensive to follow :cig:

Jespers £1000 000 000 goal

Agreed. I love the success and great players we've had in the Abramovich era, but some of my favourite memories are growing up watching Chelsea in the 90's.

In awe at Gullit and then Zola joining the club.

Going with my dad to Wembley at 10 years old to watch the 97 cup final win.

And a pair of incredible comebacks which still stick clear in my head to this day, and ultimately led to silverware in both instances. The 4-2 win over Liverpool in the FA Cup when 2 down at half time and the 3-2 aggregate win over Vicenza in the Cup Winners Cup after being 2-0 down mid way through the second leg. 

Magic times.

• 1 month later...
On 19/02/2020 at 11:33 PM, Vesper said:

I have no clear idea if he is black, I never asked, and he never brought it up with me.

Nah. My arse is white but my soul is black!

On 19/02/2020 at 3:37 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

Go to any bar playing Northern Soul  Did you know he's actually a septic tank he came to the UK when he was 14 he got heavily influenced by British culture presumably. If I left London to go to the USA when I was a teenager I couldn't imagine giving myself the moniker Uncle Sam !:)

I did Dj and do promotions at a bar in Playa del Ingles  - Fantasy Island - for 3 season and the Mrs was bar manager. Shared a flat with the head bouncer and gay Dj. They were both sex mad so the moises and sights every night cracked us up. Alot of Charley around then.

On 19/02/2020 at 3:45 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

He's a septic ? Fuck him then

Love ya too buddy!

On 19/02/2020 at 3:52 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

Go to a bar full of geezers wearing ten gallon hats, eating grits and corn dogs and listening to The Eagles then you might find him :D

Love grits! Fried in bacon fat!

On 19/02/2020 at 6:19 PM, Vesper said:

oh, it's all good :)

UJ is probably have a pint and a ruby in some dodgy pub and having a right proper laugh at all of us

Fuckin wish gal!

On 19/02/2020 at 10:32 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

He'd be lucky getting a ruby over here - no Indian food anywhere. On the positive, met an English bloke in an 'Irish' pub tonight who reckons there was a bloke DJing in Playa Ingles who was a naturalised Brit originally from the US. Do you know if UJ was a black guy ?

You see a 7' heroin dealer around the Kasbah called Hightower? He would remember me well lol

On 19/02/2020 at 3:12 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

Having a week or two in Gran Canaria - might bump into UJ -well if anyone knew what he looked like :D

Busted me 2 days before my hols! Was all packed, fishing gear sorted, Mrs new bikinis the lot! Sods couldn't have waited could they!

Nice to know some buggas missed me! xx

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Nah. My arse is white but my soul is black!

I did Dj and do promotions at a bar in Playa del Ingles  - Fantasy Island - for 3 season and the Mrs was bar manager. Shared a flat with the head bouncer and gay Dj. They were both sex mad so the moises and sights every night cracked us up. Alot of Charley around then.

Love ya too buddy!

Love grits! Fried in bacon fat!

Fuckin wish gal!

You see a 7' heroin dealer around the Kasbah called Hightower? He would remember me well lol

Busted me 2 days before my hols! Was all packed, fishing gear sorted, Mrs new bikinis the lot! Sods couldn't have waited could they!

Nice to know some buggas missed me! xx

Great to see you back UJ. Sorry you were nicked -obviously a miscarriage of justice. :cig:

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Great to see you back UJ. Sorry you were nicked -obviously a miscarriage of justice. :cig:

it was a fair cop lol Have to own up if you are in the wrong. Was just pissed cause they tried to get my record collection off me haha

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2021 at 15:13, Laylabelle said:

Lasts season FA Cup win over Liverpool..in a full stadium.. definitely feels a distance memory at the moment. Wonder when have that back again..

We'll be back again - gone into Vera Lynn song almost ......

• 4 weeks later...

Chelsea in the 60s and 70s had a great winger Peter Houseman. He was great... think Robben

Him and his wife and and another couple were killed outright by a head on smash by a drunk driver.

That driver was the son of a tory MP and was Bullingdon Club member Bartholomew Smith who drove himself home from an alcohol-fuelled dinner. 

Driving at over 100mph, he lost control, collided with an oncoming car, and killed all four occupants. Peter Houseman, his wife and their friends. He walked free from court after his lawyers argued there was insufficient proof to convict him of drink driving. 

We've had a PM Cameron and the present one Alexander de Pfeffel Boris Johnson both in the Bullingdon Club at Oxford university.

Its an exclusive club for the very wealthy that smash up restaurants, burn £50 in front of the homeless, and get away with murder.

Four lives. No sentence.

Boris Johnson recently distanced himself from Bullingdon behaviour he now dismisses as ‘toffishness and twittishness’. 

But that makes it sound like something you’d smile ruefully and ruffle his hair for. 

Oh, twittishness. 

Like scrabbling around for your specs when they’re on your head.

But brutish, violent behaviour can’t be shrugged off that easily. 

Neither can the fact that its perpetrators escape justice time after time. That instead they face futures of ever-increasing promotion and influence. 

Thats how our great player died, and the perpetrator escaped any justice.

• 4 months later...