Bayer Leverkusen 2-1 Chelsea

James

Perfect game for us to start a comeback..let's hope we can find some form.

I think you really underestimate the German side my friend. They are in great form, Ballack is scoring...a lot, and if I'm really honest, I think their midfield is better than ours. Plus, like all german teams, they are extremely organized and hard to break down defensively, so if we concede first, we are very likely to lose the match.

I think this is the worst game for us to start a comeback.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you really underestimate the German side my friend. They are in great form, Ballack is scoring...a lot, and if I'm really honest, I think their midfield is better than ours. Plus, like all german teams, they are extremely organized and hard to break down defensively, so if we concede first, we are very likely to lose the match.

I think this is the worst game for us to start a comeback.

Exactly the German League has come a long way in the last few years , this will be a tough fixture. id take a draw.

Exactly the German League has come a long way in the last few years , this will be a tough fixture. id take a draw.

We have to try our best to win this game and not settle for anything less.

Don't want to go into matchday 6 against a good Valencia side in danger of not making the round of 16.

Don't want to go into matchday 6 against a good Valencia side in danger of not making the round of 16.

The main thing is not to loose i would rather go to Valencia with a point than nothing. This will be a very tough game.

t

I agree that a win is important, but a loss is disastrous. Against Liverpool and Arsenal we really went for the win when the games were level, but that backfired in both matches and we lost both from the counter. So maybe if the game is level at the closing stages we are better off playing it safe.

Damn, Anelka would have been a nice option.

I'm walking around thinking Chelsea are going to win this. Not even thinking of a loss.

But if I sat myself down and looked at the 5 game trend for Chelsea--this is a draw at best and a loss will not be unexpected. Let's hope the guys play inspired and pull one out.