Bundesliga Thread

Amblève.

Funny how everyone was wanking over BVB when they were good and are now laughing at them as they are in bottom. Fickle people...

Anyway I was and am Chelsea fan by heart but I liked how BVB become so good with such low budget. And their football was amazing year ago, I never liked tikitaka anyway, but dortmund had efficient, fast, balanced football combined with physical and technical abilities. Seeing them rock bottom is kinda sad, they werent the same since Gotze and then Lewa left, but its weird to see them play THIS bad.

Can the real bvb please stand up...

107628209_crop_650x440.jpg?1314099132

article-2314562-19780441000005DC-357_634

But looking at this again, the reason for their bad results isnt just in Gotze and Lewa departure. Even the likes of Kagawa, Sahin, Schmelzer, Gundogan, Subotic, Hummels, Pizcek are nowhere near their top form, that said they had shitload of injuries and could be just me, but every time BVB player gets injured for more than month, he comes back fatter and physicaly nowhere near ready to play their high pressing football.

Funny how everyone was wanking over BVB when they were good and are now laughing at them as they are in bottom. Fickle people...

Anyway I was and am Chelsea fan by heart but I liked how BVB become so good with such low budget. And their football was amazing year ago, I never liked tikitaka anyway, but dortmund had efficient, fast, balanced football combined with physical and technical abilities. Seeing them rock bottom is kinda sad, they werent the same since Gotze and then Lewa left, but its weird to see them play THIS bad.

But looking at this again, the reason for their bad results isnt just in Gotze and Lewa departure. Even the likes of Kagawa, Sahin, Schmelzer, Gundogan, Subotic, Hummels, Pizcek are nowhere near their top form, that said they had shitload of injuries and could be just me, but every time BVB player gets injured for more than month, he comes back fatter and physicaly nowhere near ready to play their high pressing football.

This! People are annoying. I have seen all their games this season, it's just rough to see them like this. it's terrible to see how far they have fallen.

Look at Gundogan, he still looks out of shape. Smh.

+1000

This Dortmund was simply amazing, A delight to watch for any football fan. Personally is one of the team that I more enjoyed, in my time watching soccer.

I hope that they can out of this crisis in the bundesliga.

BVB will be fine in the end. Key thing they need to do at the end of the season (or in January if at all possible) is ditch Weidenfeller. Loyalty is admirable but he's just not up to the task any more. De Sanctis on a free at the end of the season or Cech/Sirigu (if Cech signs for PSG) would be great targets for them.

After that they have a pretty strong squad with some quality young players coming through and with some luck in the injury status of their players and some results going their way (they really haven't been this season) I truly believe they'll return to near the top of the Bundesliga. Not to their 2010-2013 level but near it.

Injuries are a reason for not meeting expectations, to some degree though. Aside from Dortmund constantly being injured one simply can't ignore what a poor job Watzke etc have done in the transfer windows. Losing Kagawa for 16m hurt, losing Sahin for 10m hurt as well but putting that buy-out clause in Götze's contract and losing Lewandowski for nothing was just absolutely idiotic and one can't feel any sympathy for them digging their own graves.

Dortmund used all of those 37m they got for Götze to buy that flop Mkhitaryan who has cost them more games than he was won for them and Aubameyang who's basically just a younger striker version of Ramires. And instead of selling Lewandowski (with one year left on his contract) for the reported fee of 30m the next summer Watzke decides to hang onto Lewandowski just to see him go for nada the following summer window to their biggest rivals.

It's not rocket science. Dortmund are one of the worst teams when it comes to doing business in the transfer market and we're yet to see improvements. That buy-out clause in Reus' contract will be just another example of internet kids trying to deal with Warren Buffet.

Injuries are a reason for not meeting expectations, to some degree though. Aside from Dortmund constantly being injured one simply can't ignore what a poor job Watzke etc have done in the transfer windows. Losing Kagawa for 16m hurt, losing Sahin for 10m hurt as well but putting that buy-out clause in Götze's contract and losing Lewandowski for nothing was just absolutely idiotic and one can't feel any sympathy for them digging their own graves.

Dortmund used all of those 37m they got for Götze to buy that flop Mkhitaryan who has cost them more games than he was won for them and Aubameyang who's basically just a younger striker version of Ramires. And instead of selling Lewandowski (with one year left on his contract) for the reported fee of 30m the next summer Watzke decides to hang onto Lewandowski just to see him go for nada the following summer window to their biggest rivals.

It's not rocket science. Dortmund are one of the worst teams when it comes to doing business in the transfer market and we're yet to see improvements. That buy-out clause in Reus' contract will be just another example of internet kids trying to deal with Warren Buffet.

good perspective on Dortmund

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bayern are getting destroyed by Wolfsburg in the first half. Complete dominance. It is normal even great teams lose but the manner how. Only one (weak) shot on target and not a single clear chance. Might be due to lack of sharpness but they look found out. KDB absolutely humilates their players when they want to press him. Great to see.