Bundesliga Thread

Amblève.

I think Guardiola will adapt a style that suits Bayern's players rather than trying to force Barcelona down their throats. They are an immensely talented team but not built for tiki-tika per-se. They have a striker who is a true target-man and they have two wingers who are world-class and love to cut in and shoot. They play somewhat similarly to Barcelona anyway which is probably a factor in why Guardiola chose them.

Bayern's style (using stats onwhoscored.com)

ontrol the game in the opposition's half

I dont think Bayern plays any football similar to Barcelona. Just because they keep possession, like to infiltrtae into the opposition's defense and play attacking football it does not mean they are similar.

About Guardiola. I think it has two sides. Btw I'm no Bayern fan, I see it from a neutral point of view.

At first, Guardiola is probably the best available successor for Heynckes who has done great work at Munich. He knows how to win titles and how to motivate a team. Some people said there could be big problems with the language and used Trappattoni as an example for it who failed at Bayern, but Pep is different. Not only he's learning German for months now, he's also a calm person (the "philosopher") who knows how to avoid a bad public image in contrast to Trap who was raging all over the press all the time.

The Barcelona style of play is indeed similar im some points to the Bayern one atm, but it remains to be seen if Pep tries to copy that style one to one or adapts it to the squad. It will be interesting to see how he will put the team together and if he wants positive role models like Mueller in the team who might not match the requirements of his style of playing the game. The board and especially Hoeneß is a big fan of role models and he wants to keep them particularly the German players. I think there is some potential for conflicts, as Bayern is not a team like City or Chelsea where a new coach can tell the board the players of his desire and they're bought, but on the other hand, Bayern is a team with characters, with role models and I'm sure Guardiola will get his time to make the team successful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If Chelsea were to stop existing I'd 100% follow the Bundesliga as my main source of football. I genuinely believe they're the better league, especially when the likes of Bayern aren't AS powerful so teams like Stuttgart (won the title 5 or so seasons ago), Bremen, Dortmund, Schalke etc. can all compete for the title! They've also get the best balance of players IMO. Lots of homegrown players, but the league is still attractive to foreigners. It's got rough tackles, flair, and the absolute best atmosphere out of all the leagues. It's also said that they're the only league who actually (somehow) make a profit as a whole each season!

^ Agreed. The atmosphere even at the bottom clubs is always good. Don't forget Leverkusen to, they are trying to be Dortmund v2 with a lot of good youngsters.

Gladbach v Bremen in a few minutes, can only see it going one way.

It looks almost certain that Dzeko is going to Dortmund next season -but does anyone else think this is a bad move? His link up play is nothing compared to Lew's so they'll have to change the way they play quite a bit. He'd fit right in at Schalke, Bremen or Bayer (although he'd probably not be first choice there!)