Bundesliga Thread

Amblève.

Klopp's a great manager and having him here would be fantastic but he was never an option. He stated his intent on staying at Dortmund more than once last season. Can't blame him either. He's immensely popular and he built that team himself.

Great win for Dortmund. Fully deserved and they'll still be challenging for all titles next season.

Gundogan, what a player. Would love to see him in blue some day (this summer if it was up to me).

Yeah that sucks, cause here at Chelsea he would have the resources to build a great dynasty. We got good money, good league and good young talents.

In Bundesliga, Bayern will continue to steal all their players with their big economical power and brand....

But I just really like the way Dortmund play. I mean every time I see them play I'm clapping my hands or just saying wow /amazing all the time!

I like it better then Barcelona, because they can play different system. Not just the tika-taka, but long balls, through the wings, flair type of players and high pressing game.

I think this Dortmund is close to the perfection of what an ultra attacking coach like Pep, Bielsa, AVB and such dream of because of the flexibility in tactical variation that it gives you.

And to do it with a limited budget speaks great volume.

All these new opportunistic Bayern fasn will be pretty pissed right now. After the German media have hyped Pep's new FC Bayern with over-the-top articles about new philosophy and shit on daily basis, it is nice to have him off to a losing start. They simply don't get it. Heynckes is twice the manager Pep is. Just as is Klopp. Bayern are just overloading their team with unnecessary no.10s and forgetting that there most important assets are on the wing and they won't get any younger.

I just saw how Bayern played.

------------Defense

------------Thiago-

--Müller-------------Kroos

Mandzukic.-Shaqiri--Robben

DAFUQ?

Pep is playing half the team out of position.

Apparently Shaqiri was through the middle as hes more effective when it comes to pressing in comparison to Mandzukic. This 4-1-4-1 is shit though, Pep is not wanting to replicate his 4-3-3 false 9 obviously, hes trying to show hes not a one trick pony!

Apparently Shaqiri was through the middle as hes more effective when it comes to pressing in comparison to Mandzukic. This 4-1-4-1 is shit though, Pep is not wanting to replicate his 4-3-3 false 9 obviously, hes trying to show hes not a one trick pony!

Mate he played his 4-3-3 False 9 formation, with Shaqiri as the False nine and Robben and Mandzukic on the wings. Then the 3 man midfield with Thiago in the Regista position with Muller and Kroos in front of him.

Dortmund was quality but Bayern were without Neuer, Dante, Martinez (his back-up Gustavo as well), Schweini and Ribery, that did play a big part in their loss. They were pretty evenly matched throughout the game but Dortmund killed them on the break and Starke was awful.

I have to say Bayern v Dortmund is my favourite fixture in football, definitely beats El Clasico.

Dortmund was quality but Bayern were without Neuer, Dante, Martinez (his back-up Gustavo as well), Schweini and Ribery, that did play a big part in their loss. They were pretty evenly matched throughout the game but Dortmund killed them on the break and Starke was awful.

I have to say Bayern v Dortmund is my favourite fixture in football, definitely beats El Clasico.

Well el clásico was definitely boring because of the tactics and controversy Mourinho used to bring.

I think with carlo in charge of Madrid it should bring some joy to it.

We played awesome with carlo..... Until the second season. But that's because we where a thin aging squad. At madrid he got a wealth of attacking team.

Anyways back to the bundesliga, I agree it is very exciting watch these two play cause they really go at each other in a high intensity attacking football.

Guys I was watching this Bundesliga Review, and it's very good.

The analysis is very impressive.

Not that piece of shit analysis that you get from Sky Sports and such.

If anyone interested, here the links:

ESPN UK HD
Saturday, June 8th, 2013
Video Codec....: H.264
Frame.Rate.....: 25 FPS
Resolution.......: 1024 x 576
Aspect.Ratio....: 16.9

Pep Guardiola's golden image already tarnished at Bayern Munich.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/03/bayern-munich-pep-guardiola

A man known to fix things that aren't broken and unnecessarily complicate matters. Ibrahimovic was always vocal about this obsession.

Dortmund will win the Bundesliga this season. Pep fucks around too much; I'm so glad we don't have him as our manager. He'd be another Scolari, as far as I'm concerned.

UEFA super cup could get very exciting with this! On one side you have players who will go to war for their manager vs the side whose players think their coach is nuts!

Dortmund still plays awesome.

I don't know about you guys but I would love to have klopp over Mourinho any day of the week.

For the team we are building and style we are trying to play, klopp is superior in every way.

blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!

One isn't The Special One if they aren't special - and if they're special they can do anything

Pep Guardiola's golden image already tarnished at Bayern Munich.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/03/bayern-munich-pep-guardiola

A man known to fix things that aren't broken and unnecessarily complicate matters. Ibrahimovic was always vocal about this obsession.

I've had a long discussion with my brother about Pep just yesterday. I'm not a fan, I'm not convinced he is what everyone says he is.

A team like Bayern can't be ruined, and that's why Pep won't destroy it. The squad is too good to be dismantled by the manager, but he will mess up. I'm not sure they won't win Bundesliga because their league is even more polarized them La Liga imo (as RM is closer to Barça or at the same level to some, while I feel like Dortmund is a couple of steps behind Bayern - the rest is a joke in terms of being a contender to the title).

Their players are much better than Dortmund's in my opinion, so you'd have to be special to lose such a polarized league as the German... There's Bayern and then there's Dortmund and then Leverkusen and then the rest (sorry Schalke) . But the difference between Bayern and the second and third forces in the league is pretty significant imo.

But I do think that amazing team they had last season, that would beat anyone - easily - will be soon gone because instead of carrying on what Heynckes created, Pep will establish his philosophy and to the hell with continuity. He could make a change or other, but no, he has to prove he is Pep Frigging Guardiola - who it seems invented modern football.

The positions he played Lahm, Martinez and Mandzukic are ridic. Lahm is one of the best frigging FB in the world and the ~genius decides to play him in the midfield? WTF? And he already dismissed Luiz Gustavo - who is going to be sold to whoever pays the right amount.

So yeah, I think we're going to watch an arrogant guy diminish the potential of one of the best squads I've seen.

Good thing I hate Bayern...

Looking forward to the match later. Never know how these opening matches could go, with Pep still trying to get his ideas across. Gladbach have made some decent signings, Max Kruse in particular a fantastic signing who should really be playing for a better team.

I fancy an upset for an odd reason.