Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

BlueLion.

Sturridge has hardly been great in the last two games, Anelka has been really poor in all games he's started.

He hasn't been really poor, he's just didn't do anything special in any of those matches he started in, he didn't give the ball away all the time or anything. But he's much better coming off the bench, but because we lack options almost everywere in our team, it seems we have to start Anelka.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True LDN bout football changing but their is also a mental side to it aswell, IE if Jose came back in 20 years to manage us with Didier as assistant we would probally beat Arsenal even if they had a superior side.

ALthough smasing the Scousers twice will put a end to all that.

I do realize that Anelka is a very poor starter but he has the eye for a pass that Torres loves - as shown by the pass in the Utd game which led to Torres' goal. Sturridge is still learning and it would be a bigger risk to start him on the wing on Sunday IMO because he's been quite bad as a team player

I do realize that Anelka is a very poor starter but he has the eye for a pass that Torres loves - as shown by the pass in the Utd game which led to Torres' goal. Sturridge is still learning and it would be a bigger risk to start him on the wing on Sunday IMO because he's been quite bad as a team player

That pass is something we lack in this team, and we have no players who can do that consistently, including Anelka!, Anelka would probably only pull that pass out 3 times this season if that. Anelka is a good technical player who offers something, though he's very weak mentally, if his head isn't in the game, then his skills wont be there either, and Anelka is a nervous player i think, that's why he shits himself in big games.

For example last season Van Der Sar made a mistake and came out of his box for the ball where Anelka was closer to it, Anelka had the chance to get the ball before VDS and kick it in an open goal, it was on an angle, but he had time to go round him or at least take a damn shot. However he shit himself and just let Van Der Sar get rid of the ball, Anelka was playing poor the whole game and looked like he was shaking when he had the ball. But he's our only option in my opinion against Liverpool, Sturridge isn't ready, i think Sturridge should be the one coming on later game and let him know he has to put on a performance.

Plus Sturridge was crap and looked out of his depth against both Man U and Arsenal.....

True , but you don't know which Anelka will turn up , this is the problem he can sometimes be up for it and sometimes not.

True , but you don't know which Anelka will turn up , this is the problem he can sometimes be up for it and sometimes not.

The right wing will be up against Enrique, who is a good player but don't think he is that quick..certainly not as quick as Glen Johnson on the other side....I think we should start with Sturridge and try to attack him at pace, if this does not work could bring Anelka on, as you rightly say he is unreliable but has been pretty effective this season and Torres seems to play better when he is in the side.....

The right wing will be up against Enrique, who is a good player but don't think he is that quick..certainly not as quick as Glen Johnson on the other side....I think we should start with Sturridge and try to attack him at pace, if this does not work could bring Anelka on, as you rightly say he is unreliable but has been pretty effective this season and Torres seems to play better when he is in the side.....

Oh damn I didn't even take into account that their LB is Enrique. He's class imo. Johnson is quick but he's brainless and a good winger would destroy him.

That pass is something we lack in this team, and we have no players who can do that consistently, including Anelka!, Anelka would probably only pull that pass out 3 times this season if that. Anelka is a good technical player who offers something, though he's very weak mentally, if his head isn't in the game, then his skills wont be there either, and Anelka is a nervous player i think, that's why he shits himself in big games.

For example last season Van Der Sar made a mistake and came out of his box for the ball where Anelka was closer to it, Anelka had the chance to get the ball before VDS and kick it in an open goal, it was on an angle, but he had time to go round him or at least take a damn shot. However he shit himself and just let Van Der Sar get rid of the ball, Anelka was playing poor the whole game and looked like he was shaking when he had the ball. But he's our only option in my opinion against Liverpool, Sturridge isn't ready, i think Sturridge should be the one coming on later game and let him know he has to put on a performance.

I see what you're saying and agree with it, but like you said, Danny isn't ready. He's still selfish - he should be as he's originally a striker - and doesn't have the abilities to pass to teammates because that has never been his role. If he had had more experience, Torres would have had a tap in against Arsenal but Sturridge could not make the pass quick enough because he isn't used to the role yet.

I wasn't saying that Anelka is the answer to our problems, but he provides more to the team than Sturridge. And yeah, I think Danny would be really good coming off the bench.

This whole "confidence" story. If he's really that affected by confidence, I don't see him pulling out a good shift vs his ex-employers. I also still see him in that "1 step forward, 2 steps backwards" light & we really do need a win in this game.

Sturridge is in fine form currently & Anelka is always a hidden danger. The great thing about Anelka is, he'll work with anyone! Where we see Drogba and Torres failing to adapt with a co-striker Anelka's got form in creating good link-up play.

Find it hard to disagree with this as ive said the same myself in conversations recently. But i think if any match could be made for Torres surely this can be it.....maybe hope more than think

Suarez charged by the FA. Let's pray this makes him lack a little focus in the game!

http://www.thefa.com...1/suarez-161111

:D Hey MGuerreiro... lol nice to see you using my pic as your avatar! :D Can I ask you where you got my pic from? And welcome the the forums mate as well! Anyways .. back to on topic.. ahh I guess Drogba is fit after all! Hmm... Here's hoping Nando has the game of his life on Sunday!

:D Hey MGuerreiro... lol nice to see you using my pic as your avatar! :D Can I ask you where you got my pic from? And welcome the the forums mate as well! Anyways .. back to on topic.. ahh I guess Drogba is fit after all! Hmm... Here's hoping Nando has the game of his life on Sunday!

I found it somewhere here on this forum, but I had no idea someone on here made it! So I'm sorry for using it without letting you know, but I do like it. And thanks.

Or it might piss him off and make him slightly wilder than normal.

In that case let's hope he bites someone (again) and get's a red card. A win-win situation!

Torres's form?, i still don't think he can work in our team till we actually get the players suited for him. At most he will score about 9 goals a season with the team we have, and that's with him starting most games.

While Torres isn't firing on all cylinders he is still in better form than Drogba. I do agree that we could do with a central playmaker to get the best out of him but even sans that he is a better bet than Drogba right now.

Suarez charged by the FA. Let's pray this makes him lack a little focus in the game!

http://www.thefa.com...1/suarez-161111

Sepp Blatter is such a clueless idiot that his comments will push Suarez' charge to the back burner. Yet, if it was Terry being charged, Sepp would be pushed to the back burner.