Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool

BlueLion.

Sturridge has hardly been great in the last two games, Anelka has been really poor in all games he's started.

Who is in good form though? Drogba's been out getting screws out, Torres is still too unpredictable (and let's be fair, we won't see the old 'Nando vs Liverpool anyway)

Anelka starting in a big game? Haven't you learned by now..

Unfortunately, the alternative is no better..

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Torres isn't firing on all cylinders he is still in better form than Drogba. I do agree that we could do with a central playmaker to get the best out of him but even sans that he is a better bet than Drogba right now.

Drogba can still find a goal in this team, he can sometimes produce something himself, where Torres wont. Drogba just has a bad attitude, i still think he can score, just needs to get sorted out.

Drogba can still find a goal in this team, he can sometimes produce something himself, where Torres wont. Drogba just has a bad attitude, i still think he can score, just needs to get sorted out.

Im a huge Drogba fan, he is my all time favourite player but I think he definitely shouldn't start against Liverpool. He hasn't been at it this season, when he has played he has been poor, throwing him in against Liverpool would just be hoping against hope that he will suddenly come good. He has just overcome an injury, he is just coming off a suspension and his form in the last couple of months has been dire, there is absolutely nothing there to suggest that he will do anything against Liverpool. Torres on the other hand has scored a few goals, he has looked lively, he isn't in top form either but he has been in significantly better form than Drogba and he is the man who we should be putting our faith in.

Mehh at least with Torres there's hope, with Anelka you just know.

Lmao true. But what you get with Torres is hot and cold.. Cold is on level with Anelka sometimes. I mean at least Anelka will hold possession (a bit.)

Anelka isn't such a bad idea, it's just that he hardly plays well in big games :S

Looking at the depth chart right now in terms of strikers..who can you name that performs consistently (at the moment) in big games? Torres? Drogba? We are struggling in form in this department at the moment and Anelka adds that versatility on the pitch.

In the UCL home leg in 2008, Anelka made a big impression and in 2010 he scored the opener in a 2-0 win. He seems to play pretty well against them and against Arsenal so he's not the worst 'big game' player we have. I think Anelka is perfectly adequate for this game. It's only against Man Utd where he seems to do less than nothing.

I'm all for throwing Anelka AND Drogba in on Sunday. Let's face it, is Alelka a risk? Yes. Is Drogba a risk? yes. Is Torres a risk? Yes. Nodody is in good form imo and nobody warrants a place in this team. Mata, Lampard, Sturridge, Cech and JT are probably the only players that even warrant a place in the whole squad.

I'm all for throwing Anelka AND Drogba in on Sunday. Let's face it, is Alelka a risk? Yes. Is Drogba a risk? yes. Is Torres a risk? Yes. Nodody is in good form imo and nobody warrants a place in this team. Mata, Lampard, Sturridge, Cech and JT are probably the only players that even warrant a place in the whole squad.

Well said, and Ash of course.

Our last 10 games against the original big four (Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool) doesn't look good.

Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea

Arsenal 3-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

Chelsea 2-1 Man U

Chelsea 0-1 Man U

Man U 2-1 Chelsea

Man U 2-1 Chelsea

Man U 3-1 Chelsea

Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal

W2 L8 D0

That is an awful record losing 8 out of 10 games against them, bearing in mind we done the double over all of them in the 09/10 season. Something needs to change for this game.