Chelsea boss AVB facing FA action after ref blast.

Santiago

Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas could find himself in hot water with the Football Association following his outspoken attack on referee Chris Foy.

A seething Villas-Boas admitted last night "I really don't care" if Foy reported him to the FA for losing it with the official after the Blues' dramatic and controversial westLondon derby defeat at QPR.

Villas-Boas revealed he was "very aggressive" with Foy upon accosting him post-match at Loftus Road, and accused the referee who sent off two of his players of failing to treat both teams equally.

More:

http://www.thisislon...eferee-blast.do

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bad feeling the FA are going to throw the book at us over this. This is the exact situation where it shows how ridiculous it is that players/managers have to give interviews and media conferences so soon after matches when emotions are still high.

If this is mandatory, so should getting a ref on and interviewed just after a game and asking him to explain his decisions publicly.

I have a bad feeling the FA are going to throw the book at us over this. This is the exact situation where it shows how ridiculous it is that players/managers have to give interviews and media conferences so soon after matches when emotions are still high.

If this is mandatory, so should getting a ref on and interviewed just after a game and asking him to explain his decisions publicly.

Exactly!

He probably will get sideline ban, or at least a fine, but that imo is unimportant. What really frustrates me is that if the federation was half-descent an investigation would be launched about Chris Foy, no one in their right mind would believe that was unbiased refereeing.

I'm glad AVB spoke his mind and let that piece of shit Foy know how pathetic he was. And I'm amazed at how the English media has chosen to only criticize our players' lack of discipline at the start and have completely overlooked what an impact this shithole refs decision had on the game.

Sometimes I look at the way football is run today i.e. no use of video replays, no accountability for refs/linesman and it all seems so medieval.

He'll definitely get a fine - he probably knew that before he gave the interview. But it was more important to get the message across. Love that he didn't just criticize the referee, but the way he went about it "This cannot go on". Legend.

Don't they give warnings first before giving the touchline bans?

AVB was probably ready to take one for the team, the most important thing for him was not to be perceived as a cowardly puppet, so he got his message across and will accept his punishment for the team. Other managers and referees will test his nerves as he is a rookie, but now they will see that they won't get away with it easily. Works for Ferguson, will hopefully work for AVB too. Absolutely love his media handling so far, level-headed and thought through... the last interview looked more emotion driven than usual, but he still managed to maintain his class in doing so. I don't doubt AVB's commitment for a second and the fact people still love him despite the defeats speaks volumes.

I told my wife that if i was in London on Sunday i would have got arrested. Either would have decked Foy, Barton, or that cocksucker that threw the ball away when Mikel went over to get it..

Ivanovic you mean.

http://www.101greatg...osser-15597717/

I would have happily joined you