Everton 1-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw Anelka's miss - not good at all. So non-chalant and not even close to the target.

I don't think it's particularly note worthy that Anelka's effort was non-chalant since that's how he takes most of his penalties. It may look like he's not trying, but that's why they look so good when he converts them. Unfortunate, but it happens. I'm sure the laser pen didn't help.

I don't think it's particularly note worthy that Anelka's effort was non-chalant since that's how he takes most of his penalties. It may look like he's not trying, but that's why they look so good when he converts them. Unfortunate, but it happens. I'm sure the laser pen didn't help.

And maybe that's why he gets so much grief when he doesn't. Oh, well, the team won so ultimately that's what matters.

And maybe that's why he gets so much grief when he doesn't. Oh, well, the team won so ultimately that's what matters.

That's my point though, 9 times out of 10 he'll score them and when he does they look so cool it's unbelievable. In contrast, Frank Lampard's penalties always look full of effort, he scores the vast majority but if he did miss, few people would say anything about it. In reality it's the same thing. Non-chalant is Nico's style, it would be fair enough if he always hit Frank efforts and then took a lazy one like tonight and missed. But we all know how he hits them, and so on the rare occasion he does miss we shouldn't be quick to complain.

Edited by kylehimself