QPR 1-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

DD is over-ish,,,,,,, can never say but i think that he is now on a downward slope of his career at a club like chelsea.... He is a Chelsea Legend,,,,super sub for this season instead of Kalou??

. Anelka Lukaku Sturridge

Mata

Romeu Meireles

Cole Luiz Terry Iva/Bos

I don't know about DD's form but he's certainly not worse than Lukaku at the moment

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DD is over-ish,,,,,,, can never say but i think that he is now on a downward slope of his career at a club like chelsea.... He is a Chelsea Legend,,,,super sub for this season instead of Kalou??

. Anelka Lukaku Sturridge

Mata

Romeu Meireles

Cole Luiz Terry Iva/Bos

This what media where saying few matches ago about Frank Lampard, that he is past his prime but he proved them wrong. The same is the case with DD, he will come good pretty quickly !!

This what media where saying few matches ago about Frank Lampard, that he is past his prime but he proved them wrong. The same is the case with DD, he will come good pretty quickly !!

Don't think it's the same case for Drogba. He's a class forward. He's been great for CFC over the years..but he is beginning to show signs of ageing.

He can easily prove his doubters wrong, put in a few great displays, score a bag of goals but I think as the season goes on, AvB will have to make the decision of whether to play Torres OR Drogba as the Centre Forward...because they don't exactly work well together...and I think Chelsea look more threatening with Torres in the team.

Don't think it's the same case for Drogba. He's a class forward. He's been great for CFC over the years..but he is beginning to show signs of ageing.

He can easily prove his doubters wrong, put in a few great displays, score a bag of goals but I think as the season goes on, AvB will have to make the decision of whether to play Torres OR Drogba as the Centre Forward...because they don't exactly work well together...and I think Chelsea look more threatening with Torres in the team.

we can't base our whole season on just one forwarder, we need some one who can threaten our opponents the way Torres does and I am sure DD has a lot of juice in him.

He is probably subdued for some odd reason but if AVB wants DD to unleash himself I am confident DD can do it :)

Am I the only one who wants to see how Sturridge would do as the main striker?

I do, he even said he craves for playing as the main striker. I say if he does get to play he'll show that he's even better at striker than he has been playing at winger. Drogba played out wide a couple of times last season. So we know he is able to switch up or rotate. Hell even Anelka could play along side Sturridge for some extra pace up front.

Drogba is way too slow for the RW position and he won't be able to utilize his strength and aerial talents in full effect. I think Danny is getting used to that spot and he will only get better as the season progresses.

I don't know, but thinking right, Danny wouldn't be that effective as he is now (Support Striker - Hulk Style). He likes to cut in between the full-back and central defender. He also likes to shoot from range, and being the speedy person that he is, the flank role is exactly for him.

Looking forward to this, been a while since we had a nice win at loftus road, well not counting Crespo against Fulham of course. Still will always remember the name Matthew Brazier because of this match when i was young :lol: legend! And Paul Furlong of course.

I don't know about DD's form but he's certainly not worse than Lukaku at the moment

Lukaku over Drogba? Oh my goodness... I don't think Lukaku even starts for Belgium NT.

Lukaku is not ready yet imo.

Totally agree with all of you here, however its QPR so it might be a good game for lukaku to get a goal and confidence.

Thats why i wrote his name.

i dont think him being a sub every once in a while will really help him....however starting a game like this will be great for him..... if he is not working we can always substitute him after 60 mins with drogs or play both together.

Lampard is still not at his best and with meireles mata sturridge ramires and whichever DM you choose competition is huge.... he is improving due to pressure to play faster and better.... The thing with Lampard is that he is a true blue and plays with emotion and passion, so i am secretly rooting for him but the dilemma of younger players like romeu.... he looks gooood but will hardly every get a chance to play if we dont start fast tracking our older players the way scholes etc were for manu... in a graceful manner...

Look, the way i see it.... this season is a transition year for us.... if we dont win anything AVB probably will NOT be fired.... but for this transition to take place, we as fans also have to accept that DD and Lampard will slowly have roles that are very different, i.e. not starters always....

It is then that these very promising youngsters will thrive in a team such as ours...

My view.