• Drogba
    • SUB - Oriol
    • SUB - Anelka
    • SUB - Malouda

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be controversial and choose Mikel, I was really impressed by him yesterday. He passed the ball fluently, made some vital challenges and interceptions and really bossed the midfield.

Yeah the one against Fellaini was very impressive...calm and composed on the ball as always, but what surprised me was seeing him actually hounding the Everton defenders to get the ball back (the incident where he played as a right back against Saha).

But the Everton defence probably wouldn't have been unlocked were it not for a certain Juan, so that's my man of the match...

There's no Mata about it has to be the Juan and only! Lampard's performance is also worth a mention.

We knew this was going to be a tough & a tight game - that's how it panned out. The most pleasing thing for me to see was that we took our chances. We can play better but another step forward by beating our bogey team.

Mikel had one of his best performances for the club in my opinion in terms of passing and controlling the tempo. Lampard played very good as well. But Mata really impressed with vision and movement and even, to my surprise, his defensive quality especially in the first half.

Mata was phenomenal and fully deserves my vote. Great elastico also :D

Other then that, Mikel was great and he was our 2nd best player yesterday. Great defensive work and only a few mistakes in his passing. Cole, Lamps and Sturridge deserve a mention also.