Messi: not just great, but the best?

Carefree Tom

But Messi's not quite the same as them. He needed help to show of his potential. You can take drugs for stamina, strength, fitness etc but drugs can't help you with how amazing you are with a football at your feet. His ability is being controlled by himself, he's doing what he wants to do. He's still a very small guy. Cyclists, runners etc take drugs that really do have an effect on how they perform. Nothing in this universe can make you play football like Lionel Messi. If there was something, i'm on it and maybe Kalou can try some too.

They can help when you're still developing in your teens. Doping someone allows them to focus a lot less on physical training and a lot more on technical training, which at that developmental stage makes a massive difference. You're already getting naturally bigger, faster, stronger from puberty, pumping drugs in at that stage can allow a youth player to virtually ignore physical training.

Also cyclists' drugs help only with recovery. HGH isn't used in cycling anymore, its all blood doping. Football seems to be more or less the same, except they prefer nandrolene rather than EPO, but the amount of heart related deaths/strokes we've seen on the pitch in recent years confirms that EPO is very much in use. Recovery cuts down injury time, the likelihood of injury is also reduced as there's less fatigue in an individuals muscles. It also allows even fully fledged players to devote themselves to technical training and limit time spent on physical training.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It's not as if he still takes them. It would be a completely different thing if he still took them.

Xavi uses Human Growth Hormone- and he uses them right now. 2012.

So, if Messi is given an exemption for using HGH because he was sick, what's Xavi's excuse?

Fatigue+in+soccer.gif

You lose 8% of your speed after completing five 2nd half sprints. 8%!

• 2 months later...

He just broke it :)

[Rant]

Let me make this clear: Messi WILL NOT better Muller's acheivement simply because Muller managed to score 85 goals in less games.

[/Rant]

Muller made it in 60, Messi broke it in 66. Let's see how many more goals he can get, I have a feeling he's not going to stop here :)

Muller made it in 60, Messi broke it in 66. Let's see how many more goals he can get, I have a feeling he's not going to stop here

With 6 more games Muller would have hit the 100 goal mark :P

Plus Gerd never took penalties..

He is definitely the best player I have ever seeen

The sad part about messi is that some people will still use he never win a world cup hence he cannot be considered one of the greatest

TBH I don't see Argentina winning WC, you cannot win any major competition without good defense and Argentina defense is just very poor.

He is definitely the best player I have ever seeen

The sad part about messi is that some people will still use he never win a world cup hence he cannot be considered one of the greatest

TBH I don't see Argentina winning WC, you cannot win any major competition without good defense and Argentina defense is just very poor.

True, but can he do it on a cold night in Stoke?!

:P