Chelsea 2-0 Bayer Leverkusen

BlueLion.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was just what needed before going to The Theatre of Depth.

Leverkusen certainly gave us a good run around. Their goalie is just class. Good side, didn´t remember them playing such postive football for ages. Got to admit the Bundesliga really improved over the last two - three years.

Good postive football by both sides. AVB has some ideas of his own how to play. And respect for the boy Torres. He gets hackled every day of the week and still plays the assists instead of going for goal. It´s Chelsea FC and not Torres United. He certainly knows that. Motm: Torres or Mata. Good game by Luiz, has to watch his defending a bit.

Pleased with what i see at Chelsea at the moment.

It wasn't even in defence. We lot a lot of balls today because of simple passes not sticking.

Look, I'm not saying we had a bad performance. It was a good game from us, but some players were trying to be too smart, and ended up looking silly. I'm thinking of Malouda & Bosingwa particularly.

Id certainly agree with malouda, lamps or ramires in for him id have thought was a given for sunday

I'm pleased with the overall performance. Bayer played a great game make no mistake about that. They have a very strong and quick young midfield, we did very well to beat them especially without Terry and lampard and anelka for most of the match. Ballack gave them alot of stability in the middle and was able to slow us down with his experience. Would have loved to see him play against lampard who by the gave the best performance in a long time.

Hope when our experience player return on sunday our performance will be even better.

Id certainly agree with malouda, lamps or ramires in for him id have thought was a given for sunday

Lampard looked just as shaky. Mind you, I'll give him some leeway as he came on quite late on and didn't have time to adjust to the pace. He must play though because Rami, Meireles & Mikel is too defensive for me.

If only Malouda was a good player. He could be so useful in the midfield 3.

Lampard looked just as shaky. Mind you, I'll give him some leeway as he came on quite late on and didn't have time to adjust to the pace. He must play though because Rami, Meireles & Mikel is too defensive for me.

If only Malouda was a good player. He could be so useful in the midfield 3.

i think if were chasing a game we can certainly be alot more purposeful. Mata could drop in middle and drift with anelka, sturridge wide and torres/drogba up top. Ramires can do 2 mens running then mikel/merieles sitting. Squads looking better for sure IMO