Chelsea 2-0 Bayer Leverkusen

BlueLion.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done lads, plenty of good performances tonight and you can see we are starting to get there. Mata and studger were great, meireles and mikel controlled the middle and flo weren't half bad either. Davy lou is a legend as always and bos looks back to his old self. Nando sets up 2, should of had a goal too and nelks looked his hypnotic best when he came on. I'm really starting to see what avb is doing here and the rotation ain't a bad thing at all. Studger man of the match for me ...this boy will fly for us this year. KTBFFH

Gotta love how our players forgot to pass today. We were very lucky to have a sharp finisher like Luiz and the smart composure of Mata today. Bosingwa could be an amazing right back, if he improved his crossing!

We played good football today, but a lot of school boy mistakes. Hopefully we'll see improved concentration on Sunday.

Spot on, our passing was messy and we took too much time on the ball which ceased our momentum going forward.

Gotta love how our players forgot to pass today. We were very lucky to have a sharp finisher like Luiz and the smart composure of Mata today. Bosingwa could be an amazing right back, if he improved his crossing!

We played good football today, but a lot of school boy mistakes. Hopefully we'll see improved concentration on Sunday.

I thought he already was, and his crosses are actually decent although he should refrain from crossing at every opportunity

Agree on the mistakes, but Raul and Mata were obviously a bit tired coming in...

Favourites from this match:

Petr Cech saving from Michael Ballack (at least his return to the bridge has something for everyone to talk about)

Luiz back in business

Two-assist Torres, who I'm sure has two words to give to the haters in the media.

Spot on, our passing was messy and we took too much time on the ball which ceased our momentum going forward.

Yeah. I think (I hope..) it's because they took Leverkusen quite lightly. Concentrations will be a lot higher on Sunday though, so hopefully that's all it was.

There is rare potential in that front-line, and it could be 100% better if Mata and Cole connected as well as Sturridge and Bosingwa - and if Bosingwa learnt how to cross. I am pleased to see Nando being unselfish, and the celebrations with Luiz, Anelka and Mata with bth goals show that team spirit is high -- which could boost his confidence. He was sharper today, but was a little to hesitent in front of goal, but i have to admit, that young keeper was exceptional!

Sturridge Man of the Match, or even Nando. A brilliant team performance! And nice to see Anelka making a BIG difference with the change, maybe he could be our super sub this season?

Gotta love David Luiz , MOTM for me , may be he is a little harsh sometimes but if anyone had won us this game it's him .

A very good performance with some individual errors but a lot improved pace !! Mata ,Cech, Iva , Sturridge ,cole, Torres and Miereles had a good match as well , Bosingwa against Young or Nani won't go with out troubles .

Great game, performance and result. Made even better with the Arse and Barca results. Slightly disappointed with no Torres goal - two assists won't shut the press up - but Mata and Luiz will do.

who gives a toss what the man utd and liverpool loving press thinks. he did well today with two assists.