Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 2-0 Bayer Leverkusen

BlueLion.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I was very happy with Michael Ballack and he was particularly active last night,'' he said. "But I still don't know whether he will play on Tuesday in Chelsea." - Robin Dutt

Looks like he won't be starting the game then, it would be a shame if he failed to get at least a cameo appearance.

I remember reading an article that had an apparent quote with the BL manager saying he would give Micha the "honour of starting the match". Either way he will probably be subbed on or off so he'll get a great reception from the fans :D :D

I hope he at least enters the game as a sub.

Maybe it would be even better. I mean, the fans would have exactly the right time to applaud him while he's coming on the pitch. Here's hoping.

If it wasn't the fact that we won titles (whih he never really played a massive part in helping us win them) he would be remembered in the same way as Boudewijn Zenden and Emmanuel Petit. Was a waste of space at the club and its embarassing that people are giving him some sort of Chelsea legend status, maybe if your a big fan of marketing then maybe he is a legend bcuase that wasthe onl thing he was useful at the club.

If it wasn't the fact that we won titles (whih he never really played a massive part in helping us win them) he would be remembered in the same way as Boudewijn Zenden and Emmanuel Petit. Was a waste of space at the club and its embarassing that people are giving him some sort of Chelsea legend status, maybe if your a big fan of marketing then maybe he is a legend bcuase that wasthe onl thing he was useful at the club.

You obviously don't recognise class when you see it . Ballack though a world class midfielder was willing to give stability to our midfield

and allow Lampard to flourish in an attacking role . I would also remind you how he dealt so brilliantly with Drogbas strop over not

taking the penalty. Almost worth legendary status for that act alone

I like the German league. Teams all beat each other, the fans are exceptional and they give their own a chance and it really reaps rewards for the national side. They have the model example of how to run a league.

Hope Dortmund beat Arsenal.

Does Ballack take penalties for Leverkusen? Last 2 times we've had a German team at the bridge, Ballack has scored a pen. He scored against us for Bayern in 05 and for us against Werder in 2006. Maybe he'll go for the Hattrick :P

Guest justin_3d

I like the German league. Teams all beat each other, the fans are exceptional and they give their own a chance and it really reaps rewards for the national side. They have the model example of how to run a league.

Hope Dortmund beat Arsenal.

Does Ballack take penalties for Leverkusen? Last 2 times we've had a German team at the bridge, Ballack has scored a pen. He scored against us for Bayern in 05 and for us against Werder in 2006. Maybe he'll go for the Hattrick :P

While Bayern – Manchester City's Champions League group bedfellows – have taken five domestic titles over the past 10 seasons, their dominance has been interrupted by Borussia Dortmund (twice), Werder Bremen, Stuttgart and Wolfsburg.

Seifert maintains such variety comes courtesy of 50+1. "It keeps us entertaining," he says. "To excite fans you need unpredictable competition."

Despite his Wolfsburg adventure ending in tears, McClaren remains a Bundesliga believer. "It's a very tough league," he says. "Several teams have a chance of winning it and each game feels like a cup final."

This is why the Bundesliga is attracting my attention a lot.

Here in the EPL it has been Chelsea or United for the past few years....and that gets boring for me!

If Chelsea does not win it, i rather see a new team win it.

Today this is possible because City has also spend a lot of money.

Now, if Chelsea had not spend money back then, then this league would have been a one horse race, as United would have won most of them.

After that money invested by Chelsea it turn into a 2 horse race.

Today, thanks to Sheik money for City, it has add another equation to this variable.

The way the Bundesliga is run, makes it more fun for the neutral to watch. Cause a lot of teams have a chance at winning the league, not the just the super elite.

It's like NFL. The way it runs also makes it possible for different teams to win the competition.

You obviously don't recognise class when you see it . Ballack though a world class midfielder was willing to give stability to our midfield

and allow Lampard to flourish in an attacking role . I would also remind you how he dealt so brilliantly with Drogbas strop over not

taking the penalty. Almost worth legendary status for that act alone

Paul Sharner could have done that for us. Also, wasn't the point of having either Essien or Mikel playing in a holding role was to do exaxctly what you say Ballack was used for? Face it, he often gave us a slow and uncreative midfield (especialy if Mikel was in the hlding role).

People say we should have kept him for another year. He would obviously have been (along with Lamprd, Essien, Malouda, and Drogba) one of Carlo's untouchables and we would of had a midfield of Essien, Lampard and Ballack. And with Essien and Lampard hving the seasons they had last year the midfield would have been stillwater and arse gravy of the worse kind, and we would not get a top four spot.