What Lampard's England exclusion does for Chelsea...

Superblue

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cappello has done us a favour by dropping him from the first eleven. It breaks the 'un-droppable' illusion for AVB, and in turn may invigorate Lampard's Chelsea career.

Giggs was written off between 2003 and 2006.

Dropping Lampard can only make him want to improve and prove a point. Euro 2012 is next year and I'm sure he wants to play and he will improve and want to prove a poor to his detractors.

Cappello has done us a favour by dropping him from the first eleven. It breaks the 'un-droppable' illusion for AVB, and in turn may invigorate Lampard's Chelsea career.

Agreed. Add in competition from Meireles, who AVB evidently rates highly, and Lampard will have to up his game - much like he did when Ballack arrived.

He needs to focus on regaining his Chelsea form first, that's more important than his international career, playing for England in front of fans that don't even appreciate him & are so deluded they think Stevie G is better. A break or retirement from international football would be welcomed by the majority of England fans, although would be great to see him get 100 caps for his country.

Next step is selling him to Los Angeles Galaxy next season. Dream team: Beckham + Lampard.

Beckham is slow as dirt. He usually has one or two speedy runs in him in a match. One thing that has not changed at all though is his ability to deliver a great ball whether its a set piece, switching the field, or a 30 yard pass up field. That is first class.

Good to see Lamps at least keeping his chin up:

Source

Quote: ""I've heard what's been said but I'm at the age now when it is much easier to take.

"When I was 25-26 I had a World Cup that didn't go well. I wasn't told I was old then — I was just told I was c**p!"

To be blunt Frank has played crap in a crap England side. My worry is his form for us. Since last year's injury he has been a mere shadow

of the Frank we relied on...I worry that his old form won't return. Still a legend to me though.

His form will come back, but not too often. It's time to admit that he's getting older ,a 33-years-old player who can no longer be tireless .

Though he eager to play every game, his body cannot , it takes more than 3 days for him to recover from a 90-minute match .

so I would rather let him play about 15-20 league games , and some cup games. Fully recovered Frank must be better than a tired one :)

If properly protected he will be able to play to 36years old I think .

His form will come back, but not too often. It's time to admit that he's getting older ,a 33-years-old player who can no longer be tireless .

Though he eager to play every game, his body cannot , it takes more than 3 days for him to recover from a 90-minute match .

so I would rather let him play about 15-20 league games , and some cup games. Fully recovered Frank must be better than a tired one :)

If properly protected he will be able to play to 36years old I think .

great post ,,,but will Frank accept a smaller role